• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Rules?

Diskhunter

I'm new to the sport of disk golf and was wondering if there was a general rule book for DG? Are there some basic rules a player should know? How about placement of a Mini disk to mark a lye? I'd like to get a clue on the rules, so this spring, I can play with other DG'ers and play in the correct manner! Thanks for any and all help.

Other important rules:
Pick up your trash
let faster people play through
don't let your dog crap all over the course and maul people
Don't mark baskets, tee signs, etc.
Don't throw on people until they've holed out, as much as possible

and oh yeah, have fun. Good luck amigo.

enjoy the game and play with as many strangers as possible...you will learn a lot

Basically it is this;

Last hole winner goes first off the tee
after the tee shot, farthest one out shoots first

pay attention to OB's and mando's and read the tee signs.

master your putts first, then mids, then drives.

He who has the most fun wins.

Disc with a C.

Unless your putting with a floppy disk from your old computer.

Dart is a floppy disc :) That's a good one

Last edited:
Dart is a floppy disc :) That's a good one

I have a DX Aviar that's nearly as floppy as an R-Pro Dart. :D

Oh yeah, roolz:

If you find a disc, call the number (if there's one marked on back). If there's no number, it's yours to do with as you please.

Don't buy the latest greatest fast discs until you've got the slower ones down. More often than not, they will not go as far if your form isn't good.

Don't let bad shots get you down. Negativity in a round begets more negativity.

HAVE FUN!!!

Other important rules:
Pick up your trash
let faster people play through
don't let your dog crap all over the course and maul people
Don't mark baskets, tee signs, etc.
Don't throw on people until they've holed out, as much as possible

and oh yeah, have fun. Good luck amigo.

pretty much said it all.

don't forget these rules:

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

And in response to your subject for the thread..............Yes, disc golf does rule!:D

I'd add be able to play with better players and lose to them. It may not be a great ego booster, but you'll learn more from them than you can playing people of your own ability level.

For the Lie:
In Short: Put your foot directly behind the disc or marker. Don't cross it inside of 30.

Long:
In tourney play you cannot "flip" your disc. Either leave it where it's at and place your lead foot directly behind it at the center of the disc, or use a marker (dg marker, or even another disc). Then put your foot behind that.

You must let go of the disc before you cross the marker, unless it's within 30 feet of the basket, then you cannot cross it until you "show balance/control". AKA after it comes to rest, you stop and pick up the marker, and then step foreword.

Latest posts