• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Stores in San Diego

winkdtm

Looking for a good store to buy some new discs at? I'm kind of sick of having to wait in line at Morley and then being rushed to make a decision.

Good luck, when I lived there Morley was the only place in town other than a few random stores with a tiny selection. Maybe something new has come up since then, but I doubt it.

Yeah, it's the pro shop to the course, and there's always a line of people paying for their round or buying snacks and drinks, so it is tough to stay and make a decision, though they're usually cool with you stepping off to the side with a stack of plastic to look through.

i'm not a rep or anything...
but i use discgolfcenter.com

you can pick the exact weight and color.

they are in florida, and with free shipping it takes 3 days via the free USPS mail.
(and the discs are cheaper than anyone else).

i've found that (in my town, S.F.) everyone else throws the exact same weight as me, so when i go to the stores, i get stuck with mismatched weights and oddball discs.

Take a road trip up to Sylmar's DGC and buy your disc's there if you insist on not using the internet :)

Soooo 4 year necro bump

Is Morley Field pro shop still the place or are there other options

I'll be in the area next week

Yes the Pro shop at Morley is still there and there are some other options as well. There is SDSF at Kit Carson Park in Escondido, they have a good selection of discs and a good course. The pro shop at Sun Valley has a small selection of discs Innova and DiscMania only and the course there is always fun and wide open. The Play It Again Sports in Pacific Beach also has a decent selection of discs and most of the staff plays DG, mostly Innova and Discraft. The other PIAS stores in La Mesa and Mira Mesa have discs too but their selection is more limited. Of course there are still the mass market stores with discs as well Dicks Sporting Goods, Sports Chalet, Big 5 and now Walmart. Good luck and have fun. What day(s) are you going to play at Morley, I live close by.

Big 5 Sporting Goods 4838 Convoy Street, San Diego, CA 92111
Big 5 Sporting Goods 3729 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110
Big 5 Sporting Goods 666 Fletcher Parkway, San Diego, CA 92020
Big 5 Sporting Goods 8145 Mira Mesa, San Diego, CA 92126
Big 5 Sporting Goods 6061-A El Cajon Blvd., San Diego, CA 92115
Big 5 Sporting Goods 595 Saturn Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92154

Morley Field Disc Golf 3090 Pershing Drive, San Diego, CA 92104
Play It Again Sports 9841 Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92131
Rays Liquor Center 3041 30th Street, San Diego, CA 92104
REI 5556 Copley Drive, San Diego, CA 92111
Sdsf Skate Shop 1853 Cable Street, San Diego, CA 92107
The Sports Authority 8550 Rio San Diego Dr., San Diego, CA 92108

Boom Roasted.

^ can't believe it took so long for someone to indicate "ISNT THAT WHAT THE NEW SHOPS FEATURE IS FOR?"

Big 5 Sporting Goods 4838 Convoy Street, San Diego, CA 92111
Big 5 Sporting Goods 3729 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110
Big 5 Sporting Goods 666 Fletcher Parkway, San Diego, CA 92020
Big 5 Sporting Goods 8145 Mira Mesa, San Diego, CA 92126
Big 5 Sporting Goods 6061-A El Cajon Blvd., San Diego, CA 92115
Big 5 Sporting Goods 595 Saturn Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92154

Morley Field Disc Golf 3090 Pershing Drive, San Diego, CA 92104
Play It Again Sports 9841 Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92131
Rays Liquor Center 3041 30th Street, San Diego, CA 92104
REI 5556 Copley Drive, San Diego, CA 92111
Sdsf Skate Shop 1853 Cable Street, San Diego, CA 92107
The Sports Authority 8550 Rio San Diego Dr., San Diego, CA 92108

Boom Roasted.

That address for SDSF is incorrect. That was for their skate shop in OB that is now closed.

The skate/disc shop is now exclusively in Escondido:
3317 BEAR VALLEY PKWY S, Escondido, California 92025

https://www.facebook.com/SDSFdiscgolf

necro bump.

So, are the course shops the best bet for disc selection and variety in the San Diego area ?

Latest posts