• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained - VIDEO GAME!

I'm carrying a couple Wings and a couple Thundercats. One Wing is beat pretty good, I'm actually using them the opposite way. If I need a straight to solid hyzer, I'm throwing sidearm. It goes straight and then the "beat" kicks in and flips left just like a fresh firebird would kick in fade.
I guess it's not ideal, but since there's no discs that come close to a stable type flight, I just go sidearm with flippy discs to achieve a real straight to left moving line.

Hi everyone. I'm really enjoying this game. I'm sitting at level 21, power and, accuracy levels of 4. My favorite discs so far are probably the Wight and the Wyvern. Although I just bought a Sparrow and almost hit 2 skip aces with it at Merman Cay in one round.

How to I update the game? I'm on a apple 6 and I'm not very computer literate. Also when I update the do I get to keep my same game going? Thanks in advance and great job on the game!!!

Last edited:
The Wing should be renamed the Lizotte. :D

241550_g.jpg

I'm carrying a couple Wings and a couple Thundercats. One Wing is beat pretty good, I'm actually using them the opposite way. If I need a straight to solid hyzer, I'm throwing sidearm. It goes straight and then the "beat" kicks in and flips left just like a fresh firebird would kick in fade.
I guess it's not ideal, but since there's no discs that come close to a stable type flight, I just go sidearm with flippy discs to achieve a real straight to left moving line.

And I thought I was unique..I do the same thing with the same discs.

791 ft distance?!

I'm currently sitting at lvl 38 power and accuracy 9

Fun stuff, but I wish the "Premium" plastic didn't beat in so quickly

Also, not a fan of how if you land in the water, it still bounces like normal off of the bottom and can potentially bounce you back in bounds

791 ft distance?!

I'm currently sitting at lvl 38 power and accuracy 9

Fun stuff, but I wish the "Premium" plastic didn't beat in so quickly

Also, not a fan of how if you land in the water, it still bounces like normal off of the bottom and can potentially bounce you back in bounds

That's a really downhill hole. I found out the hard way that if you overshoot that shot, it just goes on forever. I've easily seen 800ft there without actually trying to go max distance. That would be a pretty interesting hole to hold a distance contest on for sure.

A distance comp could be fun. I just put my beat up swift 734 on that hole with a power level of 8.
Is there a way to play specific holes? Could be a pain to have to pay through 7 holes just to try for a distance shot on 8

I've been noticing recently that if you land very close to the small dead looking bushes, even if you lean to try to shoot around them, after leaning it shows you have nothing in your way, but the disc still hits something after about a foot. Am I physically on top of the bush graphic so it instantly wants to hit something no matter where I am?

I actually find the Swallow to be my longest disc. Speed 14, Glide 3, 165g. The glide seems a lot more effective than a Speed 15, Glide 2, 172g Wing. Could be a weight factor as well, but the Swallow tends to be about 5-10% longer.

Reference, Power 11, Accuracy 11.

A distance comp could be fun. I just put my beat up swift 734 on that hole with a power level of 8.
Is there a way to play specific holes? Could be a pain to have to pay through 7 holes just to try for a distance shot on 8

The cheat (for now) is once you drive the hole, you can take a mulligan by hitting
Quit -> Suspend Round -> PLAY -> Accept -> Continue

One could throw an ace on every hole this way.....

Or you could get to Hole 8 and try many times recording your best shots

Last night i finally bought into the Blues on the island course........

241641_g.jpg

Level 55
Power 13
Accuracy 12

165g Swallow (thanks for the tip Reniger) :thmbup:

Just ran into this hole and decided to go for it. 911ft out the back of the map. I had to end my round because it wouldn't let me back in

Grats! I effing LOVE Merman Cay on Blues!!! By far my favorite course.

My current favorite too, because there are some real Par 4 holes on the course - Even at power 12 no way to drive some of the water carries, so look to make that perfect drive, upshot, putt for a sweet 3.

or 700'

It has to do again with the randomly generated maps. It probably has a range - for Blue - Blue it's probably not generating a hole less than a certain number, and the next closest available location is the next island over, making it nice and long :)

Cay Blues Hole 10 (shooting straight uphill, having to force it right for a look at basket or try to land on a small island) and Hole 12 (500'+ to a backslope which bounces you back to water then the basket is over a hill, going downhill back to water) are my current bains! I've gotten 10 down so that I can par it every time, but I'm still usually taking 4s on hole 12.

I'm loving the challenge of this course being from distance and OBs instead of ridiculous random tree placement.

Latest posts