• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained - VIDEO GAME!

I've been shooting -4/5s on Merman Cay and Sudden Valley. (only two courses I have both blues on so far) Birdie money for pars and $5 for those birds adds up quick!

Update to "Third party ads"

As a tester for the game I know that Adam and Tyler should have fixed the "No third party ads" problem by now...check out the 0.3.1 version is not already installed...

I really like the camera angle feature. You can switch to basket view IN FLIGHT to watch ace runs from behind the pin.

Now I gotta record an ace somehow.....

I really like the camera angle feature. You can switch to basket view IN FLIGHT to watch ace runs from behind the pin.

Now I gotta record an ace somehow.....

Haha, I finally got to see one from behind the basket, I was switching every time to see one. I wonder how difficult it is to program an Instant Replay option button above the "Next" button... Hey LRL :thmbup:

Player Survey

Version 0.3.1
Handedness Right
Pref Throw Backhand

Level 33
Cash 21

Power 9
Accuracy 7
My Discs (#) 16

Favorite Driver Wing
Favorite Fairway Tornado
Favorite Mid Gauntlet
Favorite Putter Wight

Records (N/A) if not owned
Sudden Valley -19 -
- E
Furnace Rock -29 -8
-1 3
Summer's Pass -15 (N/A)
(N/A) (N/A)
Merman Cay -13 -10
- -
Pine Forest -12 (N/A)
(N/A) (N/A)

Version 0.3.1
Handedness Right
Pref Throw Backhand

Level 33
Cash 21

Power 9
Accuracy 7
My Discs (#) 16

Favorite Driver Wing
Favorite Fairway Tornado
Favorite Mid Gauntlet
Favorite Putter Wight

Records (N/A) if not owned
Sudden Valley -19 -
- E
Furnace Rock -29 -8
-1 3
Summer's Pass -15 (N/A)
(N/A) (N/A)
Merman Cay -13 -10
- -
Pine Forest -12 (N/A)
(N/A) (N/A)

That -29 doesn't count, Jenga! Ya butthead! :D

I didn't realize the new map was out. I've gotta update!!! :D

How did you get 0.3.1? It looks like 0.3.0 is still the latest version in the Play store.

I'm an early adopter on the testing front - I get version updates through Apple's tester program TestFlight. Seems like due to approvals and such, everyone on different devices are going to be on different schedules. That's why i included it on the survey.

That -29 doesn't count, Jenga! Ya butthead! :D

I didn't realize the new map was out. I've gotta update!!! :D

I just wrote down everything as is. It's meant to share updates from y'all testers accomplishments etc. in the game.

Just thought of this - maybe a rolling counter of Aces, Birdies, Discs Bought, Trashed, Rounds played, Holes Played... etc. :)

Only 2 days left for the Furnace Rock Open event over on our Facebook page! Get your scores submitted as soon as possible. I will take a random drawing of all participants regardless of score/standing, and the winner will get a Local Route Labs t-shirt shipped to their door! Good luck!

Finally got my first ace!

Nice changes with the latest update! The lean "slider" on the bottom is much better, and being able to select your primary disc is a huge help too.

New Pines course is perfect! Blues are very challenging and don't get boring after playing -18 repeatedly as some of the original course whites. I'm still amazed at the Cay on blues. Love it every day! Only issue with Pines is that some seeds plant a massive tree dead in front of the teepad with huge foliage covering every angle on 600' holes. Only way to shoot leaves you well over 400' to the basket with more woods in front... Made for some frustrating double bogeys. But hey, that's the name of the game! Come back and try for better seeds next round! :D

Absolutely loving this addicting game!

Cheers, LRL!

New Pines course is perfect! Blues are very challenging and don't get boring after playing -18 repeatedly as some of the original course whites. I'm still amazed at the Cay on blues. Love it every day! Only issue with Pines is that some seeds plant a massive tree dead in front of the teepad with huge foliage covering every angle on 600' holes. Only way to shoot leaves you well over 400' to the basket with more woods in front... Made for some frustrating double bogeys. But hey, that's the name of the game! Come back and try for better seeds next round! :D

Absolutely loving this addicting game!

Cheers, LRL!

I also like the Pines course, but the pine trees are way too grabby. Tons of times I have clearly not hit the tree, but my disc all of a sudden gets knocked down. They kind of remind me of those little scraggily bush trees that are like brick walls if you touch a tip of a branch.

I also like the Pines course, but the pine trees are way too grabby. Tons of times I have clearly not hit the tree, but my disc all of a sudden gets knocked down. They kind of remind me of those little scraggily bush trees that are like brick walls if you touch a tip of a branch.

I expect it more on Pines. What kills me is the Palms on Cay. You catch the very tip of a palm branch and it's as if you hit rocks!

I have been enjoying testing this game out quite a bit, but there are definitely some parts of it that I find it hard to deal with.

1. The insane 600ft starting on an uphill holes that make no sense to me. Going to either side never seems to make much sense, and going over the top seems to be a chip shot that usually stalls out something fierce. How much power do you need in order to nail these holes, or am I just dense?
2. The zoom in function seems to have been slightly altered in this last update. Now, when I zoom in on a long shot, I often can't get close enough to see where my shot is going to land, and if I do get to zoom in pretty far, I usually find that I'm looking over the top of my line and not at it. Maybe a bulls-eye view could be implemented where you see the end target? Unfortunately, adding in too many features could make the game more complicated than you want it to be.

3. I find myself wishing there were some proper fairways on some of the holes. As much as I enjoyed taking the "Simon line" a few times, I would rather test my accuracy on some well sculpted fairways and feel more like I'm actually playing a round of disc golf.

I like the newer lean feature, but on most of my approach shots, I find them to come up way short of where I'm aiming for, even if I seem to get the shot spot on. I've been compensating for this, but maybe I just need to increase my accuracy a little more?

Can't wait to see what the next update brings!

1. The insane 600ft starting on an uphill holes that make no sense to me. Going to either side never seems to make much sense, and going over the top seems to be a chip shot that usually stalls out something fierce. How much power do you need in order to nail these holes, or am I just dense?
2. The zoom in function seems to have been slightly altered in this last update. Now, when I zoom in on a long shot, I often can't get close enough to see where my shot is going to land, and if I do get to zoom in pretty far, I usually find that I'm looking over the top of my line and not at it. Maybe a bulls-eye view could be implemented where you see the end target? Unfortunately, adding in too many features could make the game more complicated than you want it to be.

1: Very true. Especially when you consider that half of these are not only uphill, but wooded out as well. I'm currently Power: 10, Accuracy: 11, and many of these are still tough to par.

2: I actually really like this zoom feature better. If you just zoom straight to where you're going to land, it's a bit too easy. Hell, I'd actually rather have a "Pro" setting with higher rewards, but no zoom at all. Hell, maybe no indicator line for more than 10' to indicate initial direction. Then you just have to rely on your disc's flight ratings, power, and release angle. I would love that. THAT would give some immersion to the game, making it feel like we were actually out playing.

When we were early testing, we were saving seed #s that were fun to play white-white and we strung 18 fun holes together so we could play a proper round of 18 instead of endlessly playing random seeds 1 at a time. I think here in Alpha testing we're still looking at game controls and mechanics, and we're still playing seeds that were randomly generated. I think it takes a lot more effort and time to make a single hole than just play random seeds and save good ones. I think the white-white may not all be awesome when the blue-blue generate on the same piece of land, you can tell the tee boxes randomly generated on the backside of a mountain :(

In beta testing, I'm hoping that we can have some actual designed holes, because I think there is a part of testing that will have to take place when you're throwing down a 425' dogleg in the woods. I've found a few seeds playing randomly that have an awesome lane through the pine trees all the way to the pin. That's fun.

Also LRL, if you add any more discs, I'd like an OS mid... like a Gator! even a Roc3 would do... The Camel just isn't enough beef for me :)

And keep up the good work!! :hfive:

Also LRL, if you add any more discs, I'd like an OS mid... like a Gator! even a Roc3 would do... The Camel just isn't enough beef for me :)

And keep up the good work!! :hfive:

I have been enjoying the Hustler as a more overstable mid

What are people using for max distance? I am power 11 right now, and I am not sure if my speed 15 disc goes any farther than the speed 13.