• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

thanks, that makes sense about the 1-5 thing

do you know how closely the wind physics mirror real life?
ie - does a hard throw with US disc turn over more into headwind- and vice versa for tailwind?
Do putts drop more with tailwind and rise with headwind?
I have noticed some side to side action and assumed that was the main variable impacted by wind but am curious about headwind/tailwind impacts

thanks, that makes sense about the 1-5 thing

ie - does a hard throw with US disc turn over more into headwind- and vice versa for tailwind?
Do putts drop more with tailwind and rise with headwind?
I have noticed some side to side action and assumed that was the main variable impacted by wind but am curious about headwind/tailwind impacts

Definitely aim lower with the shorter throw-ins in a head wind. Tailwind affects them less at shorter distances

I installed this game sometime last year, played a bit, got 2 or 3 stars on all mpas (Except that damn grizzly map which i can't even get one star on). Played some multiplayer with friends and online competitions. Realised that you dont even have to start multiplayer matches even in the beginner category if you dont play at least -10 on 9 holes.

Anyway, recently reinstalled the game after i saw the videos by Simon.

Read here that you need to be level 20 to get the drivers.

After months of playing, my old account is level 2. Yeah, so much for grinding.

I had fun with this game at first, but playing a few hundred multiplayer games just to be able to compete is not appealing to me. I don't like it that much to grind it out to that extent. It gets really repetitive and the ground play and spit outs can be pretty painful. If they were smart they would just open up a disc shop where I can give them $5 to get a driver.

Yeah I'm at the point I'm losing interest where the only way to get more stars is to play pretty much perfect, birdie every hole. Games of perfection aren't that fun to me. I play perfect for 7 holes and then make a minor mistake on 8 and have to start over. Meh.

In my experience headwinds/tailwinds have minimal effects on a disc's stability, but a headwind definitely slows a disc down, and a tailwind will speed it up.

Regarding the difficulty getting distance drivers, I find that I can birdie every hole with nothing faster than the Musket. When I fail to birdie it's because I got the angle wrong on the drive and/or I messed up the approach/putt. I'm still looking for my first distance driver (I'm at level 19), but I suspect that all a DD's going to do is give me more eagle looks (which my mediocre short game will usually turn into birdies or pars anyway).

Note that in all things DGV I defer to the clearly superior knowledge and skill of etdefender19, so ignore all this if he says something different.

I got my first Ballista last night. Extra turn and extra skip. And it BARELY (and I mean barely) outdrives my extra glide Musket. Maybe if I find an extra glide distance driver it will be useful, but until then I'll stick with my:

Accurate Extra Glide Pure
Heavy Accurate Dagger
Extra Glide Accurate Fuse
Extra Glide Anchor
Extra Glide Musket
Extra Glide Big Skip Musket

I haven't played DG Valley and probably won't anytime soon. But I remember dabbling in Yahoo! pool long ago. It was awesome to be able to pick exact lines, exact power, and put exact spin on the ball. Boy was I good. In real life I would have the toughest time with a simple table length shot, even without worrying about setting up my next shot.

In DG Valley, I could see this being fun. Pick exact hyzer angle, nose angle, release velocity, and spin rate, and then it could be pretty awesome depending on the accuracy of the in-game physics. Based on watching the Jerm vs. Lizotte YouTube video, I'm guessing the physics still leave a bit to be desired.

I think the physics of the game are great. My only complaint is the amount of time it takes to get a Ballista. They really should have the option to buy discs or earn them.

In my experience headwinds/tailwinds have minimal effects on a disc's stability, but a headwind definitely slows a disc down, and a tailwind will speed it up.

Regarding the difficulty getting distance drivers, I find that I can birdie every hole with nothing faster than the Musket. When I fail to birdie it's because I got the angle wrong on the drive and/or I messed up the approach/putt. I'm still looking for my first distance driver (I'm at level 19), but I suspect that all a DD's going to do is give me more eagle looks (which my mediocre short game will usually turn into birdies or pars anyway).

Note that in all things DGV I defer to the clearly superior knowledge and skill of etdefender19, so ignore all this if he says something different.

You're actually spot on, in my opinion, particularly that middle paragraph. The 4 and 5 winds definitely require significant adjustments on everything but the shortest of putts.

I can deal with the funky ground physics, but what irks me is the variance in release angle (shaky disc). That should be toned down a little, and have a few more degrees in between, as exact shots often repeat themselves (and some seem cheated/predetermined, arcade "physics").

So this thread got me intrigued. After one day, I really like the game. I think it is pretty fun and designed well overall, especially for free.

Once I figured out that you could change meters to feet, I got much better with distance control.

Did i read this right in the facebook group? THe game will get an update where they fix most of the exploits?

Not that i ever tried those exploits. But good to hear that they are still working on the app.

I tried 2 down load this game on my computer for windows 10 and they wanted to upgrade my drivers for $25 to complete the download?

I tried 2 down load this game on my computer for windows 10 and they wanted to upgrade my drivers for $25 to complete the download?

I thought it was only a mobile game.

I've been playing since August - never an ad, paywall, or anything asking for or requiring money

A google play / android app would never be that "they" getting the money to upgrade your computer drivers......even if that was a legitimate request it'd be Microsoft or your computer manufacturer getting the money for that.

But it actually sounds like you hit a bit of spam ware / adware or at worst, malicious something or other. I'd run (or download and run, it is free for manual scans) Malware bytes. https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Latest posts