• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

This is worse than the Memorial coverage by a quite a bit. Following one card is just not going to cut it. Too many shots of people standing around playing pocket pool. I can't say that I remember seeing much of that in AZ.

So you liked the live scoring page being left up for 20 to 30 minutes at a time and the same 4 commercials repeated endlessly better?

I don't know why Jamie has become such a punching bag around here these days. I think he does great work and has a fantastic commentating voice.

I like the Avery/Jamie combo. Avery actually adds some context to the shots. Much better then the Terry Miller signature discribe exactly what are watching. "Paul throws a high hyzer. Lands in the circle for a birdie putt"

I like Averys commentary. Having a proffesionl be able to communicate more in depth knowledge of the game is cool.

Jamie, is a great video editor. Just don't care for his commentary or interviews at all.

So you liked the live scoring page being left up for 20 to 30 minutes at a time and the same 4 commercials repeated endlessly better?

Yup, this. Hard to believe one was better than the other...both still 2 camera/single card coverage, with 'bonus' coverage of other cards happening only by chance.

It comes down to whether you love/hate Terry or Jamie/Avery more. For me, both still boring, still low rez. I usually tune in, watch a few minutes, then walk away but leave it playing to up the view count for them...

I did, yes. It's obvious that there are a lot of kinks to be worked out versus a team that's familiar with each other and "game day", but you can't tell me that you actually think this coverage was better.

I did, yes. It's obvious that there are a lot of kinks to be worked out versus a team that's familiar with each other and "game day", but you can't tell me that you actually think this coverage was better.

No I don't think it was better. I think it was BASICALLY The exact same. Terry and Co get a couple of bonus points for being a more well oiled machine, but that's just experience. Smashboxx's first live stream last year was brutally bad.

They also weren't pushing to impress a non-discing crowd like Spin. You can compare their first streams all you want, but the stakes are a lot higher for the Spin crew (brought on by themselves). They should be held to a higher standard, and in that regard they've failed much worse.

I thought it was fine. I liked the commercials. I thought the commentary was good. I like the stats. I had a few audio and other hiccups in transmission. Idk if it was me or them, its whatever, only lost a min or two.

I thought it was weird that they layed the turf pads and temp baskets right next to permanent teepads and baskets. The baskets would have looked more aesthetic inside the mower guard circle. They could have just swapped tops and put the sleeve covers on.

Under-promise, Over-deliver is great if you have an established product/service.

When reaching out to potential viewers/sponsors it's a bit difficult to come in with low expectations and promises.

You have to hype the offering.

Which does make it that much more difficult to ultimately have a polished and quality end result.

Luckily we will have edited coverage which helps in the marketing process.

You can say all you want that this is their first broadcast but they hired disc golf planet to be their backend.

It's raining today at the tournament right? Geesh, hasn't rained on Cali for ever and now it does. Bummer

Didn't see or hear anything new or groundbreaking. But on my 110in screen I felt like I was walking with them on the course and had no problems at all streaming via Roku/Youtube. ;)

Did not live up to the hype.

Needed a better selection of ads and at least not as many repetitions.
The metrics graphics were not really readable.
Slightly more commentary than needed especially on the plugging products sponsors
The switching from different cameras, ads, radar, and pre hole looks could have been better.
And how they have the most experienced live coverage team in disc golf with an all star team. Just expected a little bit more.
Hopefully they make adjustments for tomorrow's broadcast.

Did not live up to the hype.

Needed a better selection of ads and at least not as many repetitions.
The metrics graphics were not really readable.
Slightly more commentary than needed especially on the plugging products sponsors
The switching from different cameras, ads, radar, and pre hole looks could have been better.
And how they have the most experienced live coverage team in disc golf with an all star team. Just expected a little bit more.
Hopefully they make adjustments for tomorrow's broadcast.

Given that the commentators are employees of the main set of sponsors, I wasn't surprised. Didn't like it, but not surprised.

Word. Not sure 'duped' is how I feel, but they threw a lot of money and a lot of promotion behind this. I thought the production quality would be higher. The payout is smaller than all the NTs, so I expected some of that to be put into a bigger media product.

That said, I still appreciate being able to watch it. But you are dead on with the 'underpromise overdeliver' sentiment.

It costs them about 3000 dollars to resverve the park. So, that's where a chunk of the cash went.

Latest posts