• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

Trying to watch from my phone and it's just not happening. Probably a mix of phone age (4 years+), broadcast, and conditions.

Can someone help me here? Was it last year's GBO where they had commentary from a production booth and would kick it to a sideline reporter? I could have sworn it was there...Anyone remember?

Can someone help me here? Was it last year's GBO where they had commentary from a production booth and would kick it to a sideline reporter? I could have sworn it was there...Anyone remember?

That was it. Simultaneous live coverage from smashboxxtv in the field, and DD had live coverage as well with booth commentary on livestream if I remember right

That was it. Simultaneous live coverage from smashboxxtv in the field, and DD had live coverage as well with booth commentary on livestream if I remember right

Thanks. That's kinda what I was hoping for from this event with the added emphasis on production. No knock on Smashboxx at all, but this is Smashboxx coverage. Excellent stuff, but there was a lot more hype behind this IMO.

And avery and Jamie explain that the "benefit of the doubt goes to the player" means that you give the guy the best possible spot you can.

In a group call where two outcomes are equally as likely that is generally the case that the player receives benefit of the doubt when it was a genuine likelihood..

Thanks. That's kinda what I was hoping for from this event with the added emphasis on production. No knock on Smashboxx at all, but this is Smashboxx coverage. Excellent stuff, but there was a lot more hype behind this IMO.

Yeah, it's great stuff but I certainly was expecting a better production. I would say this is below CCDG and Smashboxx productions at this point.

Yeah, it's great stuff but I certainly was expecting a better production. I would say this is below CCDG and Smashboxx productions at this point.

The SpinTV guys are quick learners though, so I have high hopes for them to make improvements tomorrow. They certainly had some obstacles they didnt expect today.

And it still is not bad coverage either.

The SpinTV guys are quick learners though, so I have high hopes for them to make improvements tomorrow. They certainly had some obstacles they didnt expect today.

And it still is not bad coverage either.

No, I didn't mean to come off as it being bad, it's not, I'm fortunate to have it to watch. Jamie Thomas is kind of an idiot that's full of himself, but other than that it's good stuff.

For all the hype, I guess I was expecting more than this.

Its disc golf....hype is the norm

...but seriously, people need to learn the concept of 'underpromise overdeliver'. Especially when you first start out. I am enjoying the fact that we have live coverage to watch, but at the same time I feel a bit duped.

Its disc golf....hype is the norm

...but seriously, people need to learn the concept of 'underpromise overdeliver'. Especially when you first start out. I am enjoying the fact that we have live coverage to watch, but at the same time I feel a bit duped.

Word. Not sure 'duped' is how I feel, but they threw a lot of money and a lot of promotion behind this. I thought the production quality would be higher. The payout is smaller than all the NTs, so I expected some of that to be put into a bigger media product.

That said, I still appreciate being able to watch it. But you are dead on with the 'underpromise overdeliver' sentiment.

No, I didn't mean to come off as it being bad, it's not, I'm fortunate to have it to watch. Jamie Thomas is kind of an idiot that's full of himself, but other than that it's good stuff.

I don't know why Jamie has become such a punching bag around here these days. I think he does great work and has a fantastic commentating voice.

I like the Avery/Jamie combo. Avery actually adds some context to the shots. Much better then the Terry Miller signature discribe exactly what are watching. "Paul throws a high hyzer. Lands in the circle for a birdie putt"

Love the combo of chromecast for the coverage and the stats up on the laptop! Very pleased with today's coverage!

This is worse than the Memorial coverage by a quite a bit. Following one card is just not going to cut it. Too many shots of people standing around playing pocket pool. I can't say that I remember seeing much of that in AZ.

Latest posts