• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golfers worst enemy?

DGers worst enemy?

• Total voters
Yourself, poison ivy, lost discs.

Yourself has a bad throw which leads to a lost disc and while looking for the disc you get poison ivy. (please excuse the poor grammar of the previous sentence)

I haven't lost a disc yet, but I have gotten poison ivy looking for them.

Yeah, I found my Leopard in the Poison Ivy... and the Poison Ivy found my legs... big time!

I was leaning towards mrstiggy's 'puss infected cum twinkies' until I saw the snake post. I've had two MF'ing copperheads on my patio this year, one that was going right for my three year old. He died a painful death, and then was ceremonially posted in front of the house for all other reptilian bastards to see. And yesterday while I was sloshing through a damp, but well played round at UNC a huge f'ing copperhead slithered out in front of me and showed his teeth. Since I didn't have any weapons other than plastic with me he still lives. But he ruined that hole for me and I shot a 5 on a long par 4. Slimey f'ing bastard!!!

Snakes are the bane of my existence. As has been said before..."Kill them all and let God sort them out"

What? no thorns?
got some courses round here where thorns will stop you from getting your disc back... theres a machete in the truck for these situations

guess i gotta vote for lost discs, even though they are few and far between

I am glad to see that Yourself is pulling away from the field. It really is the worst enemy if you think about it. Other than that, the things that still psych me out are big water carries or water near the hole and lost discs. Tunnel shots don't bother me much, I have killed my fair share of ants and have yet to come down with poison ivy or oak for that matter. Rain is not something that bothers me until it creates a flood that carries away my go to driver that I was looking for in the bushes near the stream.

My biggest problem is always myself! For example I played in a tournament a week ago and placed 3rd or 4th last in rec. I went back to the same course and played the exact same 2 rounds and improved my final score by 17 strokes which would have cashed in the tournament.

But aside from the obvious, my worst enemy are ticks :(

How did "trees" not make this list?

Left trees out because they give shade to us sweaty DGers. You rookies hate them when we hit them and love them when they make a hot day a cool day on a long round.

But I did include slim tunnel shots. Same thing kinda...

We need trees and lots of them.

Im allergic to poison ivy and I'd be as bold to say that about 90% of courses in Texas have poison ivy somewhere on the course. Main reason I HATE arcadia park's course which is like 5 minutes from my house.

Rainy days don't bother me too much b/c I'll usually go play by myself and the course is empty.

I have to be my own worst enemy. I voted for that, water shots, and lost discs, but ultimately the last two are just psychological factors that make me play worse, so they're all inter-related (assuming I even give up looking for the disc and finish the round).

...And yesterday while I was sloshing through a damp, but well played round at UNC a huge f'ing copperhead slithered out in front of me and showed his teeth. Since I didn't have any weapons other than plastic with me he still lives. But he ruined that hole for me and I shot a 5 on a long par 4. Slimey f'ing bastard!!!

Snakes are the bane of my existence. As has been said before..."Kill them all and let God sort them out"

Plastic can be a weapon!!! Have you looked at some of those bevel-edged drivers? C'mon! They don't call them "Destroyers" for nothing. :D

Im allergic to poison ivy and I'd be as bold to say that about 90% of courses in Texas have poison ivy somewhere on the course. Main reason I HATE arcadia park's course which is like 5 minutes from my house.

Rainy days don't bother me too much b/c I'll usually go play by myself and the course is empty.

i hate to hear this. i've already gotten it 4 times this year and now i just moved to Texas.

yeah, i voted poison ivy

goddamn stoners who are out there just to **** around.

no disrespect to those of you who partake, but the TDD's (and their group of 17 friends) who clog up the course need to get kicked in the nads for disrespect, then arrested.

smoke and play, fine. :p as long as i'm upwind.

smoke and hold up my game, **** you. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Baskets surrounded all by water scare me sometimes. Fire ants are close though. I set my bag down on top of one, didn't realize it, picked up my bag, put the strap on my shoulder and a few seconds later, Bite! Got bit all over my neck and arms, got little welts and had to buy some hydrocortisone cream.

Ground bees at certain times of year.
Only came across stinging nettles once but once was enough.

Tunnel shots give me fits!, depending on how tight the gap is, they always require extreme accuracy and some times an insane amount of luck, of which I have neither.

Latest posts