• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Loyalty Pledges

discspeed

* Ace Member *
Sleepy's commitment in his sig gave me an idea...Many of us change molds a lot, probably to the detriment of our game. Here's the thread to lay it on the line and commit for the next year to keep something in your bag.

I'll start by saying that at the very least, the Voodoo, Buzzz, and Stalker will be in my bag for the next year.

I saaw sleepy's sig as well and I like this idea, now just give me a couple weeks to try out some different molds I'll be commiting to...

Heh, I know it's a bit attention-whorish, but public declaration is an effective deterrent against me quietly taking the Comet out of my bag at some point during the year. :p

sleepy

My sig is already a commitment to the discs that will never leave my bag (except when I feel like experimenting or trying a new disc (plus I guess I could update it to include the force and the comet, both of which have been in the bag for a while now (man this is a lot of parentheses))).

Over the last year or so I've learned a lot about my capability and discs. I know these will be in the bag for awhile since they've served me well when I was throwing 300' or 400':

Star Wraith
Pro Destroyer
ESP XL
Star Teebird 150g (worn) I took this out and found my game suffered.
Star Valkyrie
Champ Leopard/Pro Leopard
SOLS
Z Predator
Pro Leopard
ESP Comet
X Buzz
Voodoo
Magic

Stuff I might be playing with over the year:
Star Boss
PD
Firebird
Striker
TL

I haven't found a short game situation yet that the Buzz/Comet/Voodoo doesn't handle for me. I guess really short, wide open holes with extreme headwinds would prove an issue, but I'd go to the predator then instead of a more overstable mid.

The fairway drivers/distance drivers have proven themselves over and over. Since I'm not throwing 400' with any consistency, the more understable/neutral fairway drivers work on a lot of levels for me. Should I all of a sudden in the next year develop 400' throws on demand, then I might have to move up to some more overstable discs.

Right now I'm thinking about a driver I can throw on a hyzer and it will hold it with a strong throw (for me). The striker & PD fill this role. I just haven't decided on one yet.

I use my predator for rollers, thumbers, tomahawks and overstable fairway distance, but feel I need to start breaking something else in. My choices were the Boss or Firebird. While the firebird is probably all around better, I'd thought that when the boss beat in, I could use it for distance driving. So far, the boss is too much disc for me, but it has also been the disc that granted me a birdie on a hole I never dreamed of getting a deuce on. It's in the bag now until I'm not worshipping it for those two lucky throws.

The TL and Pro leopard are pretty much in the bag for the same thing. The TL is worn and the leopard is new, so things might change over the year. Just want something I can throw with a touch of hyzer and it'll go straight and not hyzer out 700' off the fairway when it slows down.

Jeronimo said:
Riot, Striker, stable Vision, Core, and a Pure WILL NOT LEAVE MY BAG.

mmm lat. 64 addict, I like your style.

My bag hasn't really changed in about 3 years:

Z or ESP Predators
1 DX Banshee for a dependable expendable disc
Various OLFs
Various Teebirds
Various Rocs
Various Wizards

I've tried a few other molds for weeks or months at a time, but always come back to these.

Everything is in the air except the Eagle. The biggest thing is trying to find discs that fit into my game, not experimenting with the newest, hyped up disc.

discspeed said:
Sleepy's commitment in his sig gave me an idea...Many of us change molds a lot, probably to the detriment of our game. Here's the thread to lay it on the line and commit for the next year to keep something in your bag.

I'll start by saying that at the very least, the Voodoo, Buzzz, and Stalker will be in my bag for the next year.

I'll even up the ante. If I change any of these out, I will send the first 3 people to call me on it a disc for free!

I am committed to keeping the following discs in my bag...

Z Predator
Champion Starfire
TeeBird
Buzzz
Voodoo
Wizard

The only disc I am willing to take out in case something better is released is my Apache. It's my main D Driver, but I'm always willing to try something new for distance.

Eagles
PD's

Sitting here, I cannot commit to anything else... lol. It's sad. Love Warlocks but throwing a putter with a bead lately has me on the prowl. The Focus is nice but the D plastic shreds quick. I love my Rocs, too. But I enjoy throwing Comets now and again for a week or two to break up the monotony. And I love my Predator... but I'd really like to find that one disc that beats the wind, is sneaky long, skips big and tommy/thumbs like a charm. I've had a 12x Firebird in the bag for 2 weeks... it's ok... it's a lot like my Pred... just a bit shorter. Probably try a xXx. I cannot commit to a high speed driver. Valk, Surge SS, Orc... so many discs to throw... so little time in the day!

discspeed said:
discspeed said:

I'll even up the ante. If I change any of these out, I will send the first 3 people to call me on it a disc for free!

oh great another way to spread your buzz addiction to others. :roll:

The following will be in the bag at all times during the upcoming year....when there isn't snow on the ground.

Assassin, Voodoo and Wizard

Frank Delicious said:
discspeed said:
discspeed said:

oh great another way to spread your buzz addiction to others. :roll:

I won't be giving away any of my Buzzzes... :p

The only disc I can commit to is the TL. The Star Orcs are 98 percent likely to stay though.

I've had PDs in my bag for a year now. Rocs have been there for the past 2 (and were there before my obsession with Elements), and Wizards have been part of my game since 2005.

The Champ Gator has never and will never leave my bag. In fact, the entire two years I've been throwing Champ Gators I have used the same one, so I might be so bold as to say that I'll throw the same Champ Gator forever, unless I lose it (knock on wood).