• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Loyalty Pledges

Frank Delicious said:
Jesse B 707 said:
ferretdance03 said:
LumberJack said:
...And I love my Predator... but I'd really like to find that one disc that beats the wind, is sneaky long, skips big and tommy/thumbs like a charm. I've had a 12x Firebird in the bag for 2 weeks... it's ok... it's a lot like my Pred... just a bit shorter. Probably try a xXx...
XXX is going to be shorter than either the Pred or FB. You try a Force. It's surprisingly stable in the wind.

I imagine the Rocs and PDs will be in the bag for another year, as they've been there at least that long now. I've squeezed them around to try some other stuff, but I always seem to gravitate back to them.
id venture to say that i can get my XXX out past a FB or Pred

my flat XXX is super stable. My Pred is longer by a fair amount. It's about the same distance as a FB for me.
maybe you're not getting it up to speed :p
i could probly toss a pred farther BH but when i really lay on my XXX FH the extra speed = extra D over either a pred or FB

dgdave said:
PD, Xtreme, VP

Any prizes if we catch you changeing your bag dave?

I pledge comets so far, will choose my complete bag and pledge it on the 1st. Ions soon (hopefully)

Jesse B 707 said:
i could probly toss a pred farther BH but when i really lay on my XXX FH the extra speed = extra D over either a pred or FB

That could be true. That's one of the reasons I stopped throwing spirits. I felt like it took too much for me to get them up to speed.

Frank Delicious said:
Jesse B 707 said:

That could be true. That's one of the reasons I stopped throwing spirits. I felt like it took too much for me to get them up to speed.
yeah a beefy Spirit is just a plain old chore to throw.....not as bad as the damn Z Xtreme though, it took 100% of my FH power to stretch em out o like 340 or so :? bad for my poor arm

discspeed said:
Sleepy's commitment in his sig gave me an idea...Many of us change molds a lot, probably to the detriment of our game. Here's the thread to lay it on the line and commit for the next year to keep something in your bag.

I'll start by saying that at the very least, the Voodoo, Buzzz, and Stalker will be in my bag for the next year.

Me too, and the exact same discs!

OK, I'll keep my 175 Star Valkyrie too. Hard to see changing a great deal else in my bag either, but you never know!

Discs that I imagine will be in my bag for some time are: An old Proline Firebird that has been there for years. A circle stamp Champ Gator that I got when they came out and is still a stable pig. An 11X opaque Champ Teebird that bombs and a few DX Rocs. I have had the same buttery soft 4X JK putter in the bag for more than 4 years as my main putter. I have enough 4X back ups that I should never have to switch but lately I have been considering trying something a bit stiffer............like a 5X

I compete with dgdave for the title of the worst DGR minimalism offender/bag change disc whore. I went on a mission this year with Rocs that are the only discs so far I may keep on throwing more than a year from now. I tried to find a nice mix and the best suited ones for me. So I have DX in several weights from light to max weight, KC 175 and 180, two 180 Star Sanny 20th anniversaries, two European Open 2009 Ontarios that are beefier than those Sannies, Star Rancho USDGC 09, 180 DX bottom stamp and a RW Pro 180.

I'm not really committed too strongly to anything right now since I'm (in theory) growing and improving as a player and have a long ways to go. Right now I can't imagine now having a Rhyno in my bag as I've really come to love everything about it in the short time since I bought one. I'll go ahead and pledge to keep using a Cheetah (bitches) for at least six months.

My bag has been pretty well set for several years. I added the Eagle-X in for some wind and hyzer shots but for the most part, no changes.

1 Star Firebird <never use it>
2 Star Starfires <rarely use it>
5 Star SLs <go to distance driver>
3 Star TLs <main fairway driver>
1 Star Eagle <fairway wind/hyzers>
3 Star Sharks <so much a go to that they call me Star Shark at the course>
2 Zeroline Spikes <been putting with these since they came out>

These discs will remain in my bag through the next year:

Wraith
Valkyrie
Predator
Assassin
Buzzz
Aviar P&A

I'll sign up.

I pledge to keep the following in my bag for at least a year:

Predator
Striker
Comet
Magic

Not like this is a stretch since it's the core of my bag (just changed to strikers after about 3 years of teebirds, won't be going out anytime soon)

Not committing to a distance driver since I'm never happy with one for long, like right now I'm seriously contemplating switching to the Pro Starfire.

cmlasley said:
My bag hasn't really changed in about 3 years:

Z or ESP Predators
1 DX Banshee for a dependable expendable disc
Various OLFs
Various Teebirds
Various Rocs
Various Wizards

I've tried a few other molds for weeks or months at a time, but always come back to these.
I have almost the same story. Since January of this year I have not changed a single mold.

Pred
Orc
RR
Eagle X
Roc
Wizard

I use DX EXs for my dependable expendables. Generally I prefer the SEXs though.

I could see the Roadrunner getting phased out at some point though. Visions look pretty tasty, and I have a couple Star Orcs really starting to get flippy.

Predator (Z summer, ESP winter)- decent in wind, so workable for lines

Timberwolf- sorta E-X/Gazelle/Cyclone flight that never wears out and does not get too floppy in my northern cloudy climate, just not a safe shade of orange in fall

Wasp (Z summer, ESP winter)- decent range, great predictability

PD- playing with a mix of weights/plastics, but the combination of reliable & long D is very intoxicating (and may boot the Striker all the way out)

By 2010 I may have a verdict on my VP, keeping the Wizard stack in play. That leaves the understable driver and neutral putter slots for experiments (probably Valk/Pure).

I hereby pledge to keep the 170-172 soft challenger with the cool Surly Brewing Company stamp on it that I bought from GGGT.

I also pledge to find which plastic I prefer the buzzz in by the time Spring arrives...

Buzzes, Challengers, and Eagles are pretty much staples in my bag. I am liking the QOLF and the Firebird so far. I think I will keep these molds for the time being throughout 2010.

discspeed said:
Sleepy's commitment in his sig gave me an idea...Many of us change molds a lot, probably to the detriment of our game. Here's the thread to lay it on the line and commit for the next year to keep something in your bag.

I'll start by saying that at the very least, the Voodoo, Buzzz, and Stalker will be in my bag for the next year.

I'm going to add additional commitments to the Meteor, XXX, and the Boss. I like these discs and honestly with a kid on the way I'm not going to have the $$ to be messing around with a bunch of different stuff.

discspeed said:
I like these discs and honestly with a kid on the way I'm not going to have the $$ to be messing around with a bunch of different stuff.

Congratulations on the baby. Is it bad that when we had ours I was trying to figure out how early is to early to put a disc in his hand. Hes now Three and learning to throw a putter around the yard. I am looking forward to taking him with me.

Latest posts