• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Loyalty Pledges

165 - 170 12x Star Wraiths
KC 11x Rocs
JK Aviars
My lineup of champ/star Teebirds
11x Firebirds

Everything else is fair game

tigel said:
Jeronimo said:
Riot, Striker, stable Vision, Core, and a Pure WILL NOT LEAVE MY BAG.

mmm lat. 64 addict, I like your style.

You can do A LOT with the five discs I just mentioned. I'm not so blind as to see their shortcomings but I'm very comfortable with each of those discs for the majority of my shots. I like Latitude and for example: I don't need a teebird/eagle if I have my striker/vision. I'm not saying they are better discs than innova's, I'd just rather throw the latitudes for the same results.

For the next year, these discs will remain in my bag.

Rocs, QOLF, *Firebird, Leopard

When I receive my Summits this week, I am going to try my darndest to keep it in the bag.

I'm quite happy with all the discs in my bag, but that isn't to say that I won't throw something else in there if it fills the same role but does it better.

I love them all, but I don't have any loyalty to speak of :D

The only switch that I'm considering right now would be using either Teebirds instead of Eagle-Xs, or PDs instead of SOLFs. I find that using the SOLF/Eagle-X combo has a small bit of overlap.

Voodoos and my Firebird are staying for sure. I'm thinking I'll commit to the Comets in the bag for at least a year as well.

Parks said:
I'm quite happy with all the discs in my bag, but that isn't to say that I won't throw something else in there if it fills the same role but does it better.

I love them all, but I don't have any loyalty to speak of :D

The only switch that I'm considering right now would be using either Teebirds instead of Eagle-Xs, or PDs instead of SOLFs. I find that using the SOLF/Eagle-X combo has a small bit of overlap.

I've found that a little also but the overlap is not enough to warrant a change on my part.

LumberJack said:
...And I love my Predator... but I'd really like to find that one disc that beats the wind, is sneaky long, skips big and tommy/thumbs like a charm. I've had a 12x Firebird in the bag for 2 weeks... it's ok... it's a lot like my Pred... just a bit shorter. Probably try a xXx...
XXX is going to be shorter than either the Pred or FB. You try a Force. It's surprisingly stable in the wind.

I imagine the Rocs and PDs will be in the bag for another year, as they've been there at least that long now. I've squeezed them around to try some other stuff, but I always seem to gravitate back to them.

ferretdance03 said:
LumberJack said:
...And I love my Predator... but I'd really like to find that one disc that beats the wind, is sneaky long, skips big and tommy/thumbs like a charm. I've had a 12x Firebird in the bag for 2 weeks... it's ok... it's a lot like my Pred... just a bit shorter. Probably try a xXx...

XXX is going to be shorter than either the Pred or FB. You try a Force. It's surprisingly stable in the wind.

The XXX reminds me of a spirit in it's flight. Don't know if it is as stable or not though.

The force is one of the best headwind distance drivers out there. It's ridiculously good at that.*

*discspeed will lie and say he flipped one over. He is a liar and should not be believed. His throw is all OAT. He hates all things good in life.

Well I know I just started throwing it but: Star Eagle and it is only getting sweeter with age. I won a playoff CTP hole for second place yesterday. 330ft(uphill plays like 360) soft hyzer. Flip flat and parked man was my heart beating because it was a $25 dollar shot.

Frank Delicious said:
The force is one of the best headwind distance drivers out there. It's ridiculously good at that.*

*discspeed will lie and say he flipped one over. He is a liar and should not be believed. His throw is all OAT. He hates all things good in life.

I am the infidel! I should be stoned, lynched, or both! I defy the DGR gods by adopting speed stable discs and those without beads! And I spread my evil with my heretical tongue!

i really like the pledge idea...but I've always seemed to go back to my standard setup.

Staples...wizard, dx roc, CE TL

i've been really given a legit audition between the following: CE EX, Star Orc, and Sparkle Z Rogue

Those three all have a different flight for me...the ce ex is a hyzer flip bomb....that finishes left...the rogue and orc, while quite similar...i get different turns from each...orc turns quicker and the rogue turns later..

....i will be auditioning Summits....as i just secured some...but i cant give any dated commitment for them..

discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:

I am the infidel! I should be stoned, lynched, or both! I defy the DGR gods by adopting speed stable discs and those without beads! And I spread my evil with my heretical tongue!

Accept your fate heretic. That is the first step to embracing the true path.

This is easy...disc loyalty pledges, family-guy style.

I pledge to keep Comets in my bag because I bought a bunch last year when the Z's came out and my Wife would skin me alive if I stopped throwing them after I spent all that money.

I pledge to keep Cyclones in the bag because I got a bunch this fall in ESP and my Wife would skin me alive if I stopped throwing them after I spent all that money.

I've had Banshees in my bag for the last 11 years. I'm not real happy with them and would like to experiment with something else, but after spending money on Z Comets and ESP Cyclones my Wife would throw all my shit out on the curb if I bought more discs. I'm pretty safe saying Banshees will be there for the next year.

I could keep going, but you get the picture. :p

bag feels pretty solid lately, my pledges are as follows

MAGNET (this will be my main putter FOREVER!!)
ROC (NEVER LEAVING)
STALKER (this could be the weakest link but with as good as i have been throwing this thing i'll pledge a year)
XXX (this disc is the cornerstone of my bag, I cant imagine liking a disc more for my overstable slot....2 aces with these this year also, as long as i can keep finding the flat ones i'll throw this FOREVER!)

.....and thats all i can do, my max D and mod overstable slots like to change alot

11x firebirds, 11x and dx teebirds, ce and champ leopards, kc pro rocs, dx and star valkyries,these will never leave the bag.

my kc pro putters might leave.....and my katanas might make the bag.

ferretdance03 said:
LumberJack said:

I imagine the Rocs and PDs will be in the bag for another year, as they've been there at least that long now. I've squeezed them around to try some other stuff, but I always seem to gravitate back to them.
id venture to say that i can get my XXX out past a FB or Pred

Jesse B 707 said:
ferretdance03 said:
LumberJack said:

id venture to say that i can get my XXX out past a FB or Pred

my flat XXX is super stable. My Pred is longer by a fair amount. It's about the same distance as a FB for me.

Latest posts