• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Disc of the Decade (01-10)

Best Disc of the Decade

• Wizard

Votes: 41 14.0%
  • Buzzz

Votes: 108 36.9%
  • Sidewinder

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Wraith

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • OLF

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • PD

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Pure

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • River

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Zone

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It causes me physical anguish, as I really wanted to vote OLF since I now have it in the bag and realize now why it's so awesome, but the best disc just has to be the Buzzz. I don't bag one, but to this day if you asked me the perfect disc for a one-disc round, the answer just has to be the Buzzz.

No one throws a stingray? How about an aviar?

I was kidding. I just checked out the list of approved discs and was surprised by how few discs are still popular from the 80's.

Zam, how's that Vector handle for ya? :D

how is the most un-versatile disc going to end up winning disc of the decade?

just shows how popularity and respectability are different concepts.

Not picking, just interested in what your definition of what a versatile mold is?

I would say the Buzzz's ability to hold hyzer, anny, and straight lines very versatile. But that's just me.

We're on the same page kaiser, to me a buzz is more of a one trick pony. It's a good disc sure I just don't understand how it's so popular especially against pds, wraiths, and destroyers which are all excellent versatile molds IMO.

I can throw any line a buzz can handle with a roc and many more it can't!

Not picking, just interested in what your definition of what a versatile mold is?

I would say the Buzzz's ability to hold hyzer, anny, and straight lines very versatile. But that's just me.

having a disc hold a line to the ground is not versatility. having it be able to ride an anhyzer and land flat without loosing too much height, or fighting a headwind and still being workable, or being able to hyzer-flip to dead straight without requiring too much lateral space, or basically being able to shape any line other than go straight. that's all the buzzz does. it does it well, but there are tones of discs that can do that, whereas the buzzz can do nothing that a lot of other discs can do.

having a disc hold a line to the ground is not versatility. having it be able to ride an anhyzer and land flat without loosing too much height, or fighting a headwind and still being workable, or being able to hyzer-flip to dead straight without requiring too much lateral space, or basically being able to shape any line other than go straight. that's all the buzzz does. it does it well, but there are tones of discs that can do that, whereas the buzzz can do nothing that a lot of other discs can do.

Bingo!!

Roc for life.

I don't think there would be much of a point to have a roc in one of these threads unless you negate the poll all together and post" these are the discs made the same year as the roc none have a chance roc wins!"

You can vote the Roc in when New makes his best of the 80's poll, featuring hits by Wham-o and Lightning.

Doesn't make the Roc any less special, just highlights how good it is going against those. Plus I'm told some Lightning discs aren't too bad.

How can a thread completely with no mention of the roc in the subject matter become a roc vs. buzzz thread. Are all threads destined to become roc vs. buzzz threads...

Roc by the way

I figured that the Buzzz would win in a landslide anyway so I voted for the OLF. The OLF is my favorite driver, but the Buzzz is only my 2nd to favorite mid.

And I was right about the Buzzz, so it was nice to give the OLF a little love!

Edit: Just read some more of the posts and had to mention that the Buzzz stole the place in my bag formerly occupied by the Roc. No Roc hate here at all btw. The Buzzz just works better for me. :)

Last edited:
Doesn't make the Roc any less special, just highlights how good it is going against those. Plus I'm told some Lightning discs aren't too bad.

I'm not dissing the Roc, just saying it has no place in this thread.

I'm glad Buzzz is winning. It's the only one from the other polls that I voted for.

Latest posts