• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Disc of the Decade (01-10)

Best Disc of the Decade

• Wizard

Votes: 41 14.0%
  • Buzzz

Votes: 108 36.9%
  • Sidewinder

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Wraith

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • OLF

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • PD

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Pure

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • River

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Zone

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm surprised the race between the Buzzz, Destroyer and Wizard isn't closer.

If you consider the fact that gateway isn't a big name, you lose a pretty big % of golfers voting for wizard. Then consider that a % of people here don't throw drivers, then you lose a pretty big % of golfers voting destroyer.

Discraft has 1) Big name. 2) a slot in everyones bag.

Immediate winner!

It was a hard decision between the Buzzz, Zone, and Wizard. My bag would be nothing without these 3 molds. I went with the Buzzz since it's been my go-to mid since day 1, and in Z plastic is arguably one of the most consistently molded discs ever.

^^^Yea, but Wizard love is strong around here. I see your point about the Destroyer though. I bet many forum members have never thrown it. I never have either.

Most people don't have the arm to throw a Destroyer. Anyone can throw a Buzzz. Therefore......

Most people don't have the arm to throw a Destroyer. Anyone can throw a Buzzz. Therefore......

Bingo.

I actually carry two Destroyers, but only for FH shots, or if I'm looking to see if my form improvements have made it a throwable BH disc (it never is, for me).

I love the Wizard...I'm currently carrying 4 (2 RFF and 2 SSS), but as much love as you see around here for them, I would think the average discer barely knows what it is. I was throwing 3 of them at our Aces Revenge this weekend, and everyone thought I was crazy. I probably would have never been turned onto it if not for this forum.

I only carry one Buzzz (2 more that sit in my trunk), but I throw it a ton. I see a lot of other people throwing it a ton. It's the disc I always tell noobs to get (along with a Comet and Leopard). My kids can throw it, as well. It's just a great disc, and that's why I voted for it.

Could it be argued that the Buzzz's impact is similar this decade to the Roc's in the last few as THE mid all are judged by?

I picked the zone because I throw a zone, if the zone wasn't on I would of gone buzzz.

All great discs.

I voted Buzz because it would be my choice from the list if I had to play a one-disc round. Pure would be second. Guess I'm just a neutral kind of guy ...

Destroyer gets my vote but the PD is a close second. I cycle Star Destroyers & carry six in my bag at all times. My favorite driver by far, my farthest backhand drives ever have been with them. Not knocking Buzzz throwers but I think the Buzzz is overrated.

I think that the style of disc golf courses (open and long vs short and wooded) that you play definitely helps define what your favorite disc would be. I only have the need to yank a Destroyer out a few times at a few courses that I play around here in Charlotte (and most of those are more line shaping shots than max D). However, a nice driving midrange (like a Buzzz) or putter (like a Pure) are thrown on more than half of the holes.

I love me some CFLX Zones and put a lot of stock in the Wizard to get in the basket on putts, but if you can put the buzzz under the basket there's no need to putt... Those are my top 3, but I have to go with the crowd and vote Buzzz. Is there any point to these polls aside from proving the buzzz is unstoppable time and time again?

Easily the Zone! You can replace any disc up there with another disc...except the Zone! Have I mentioned I love Zones?!

Wizard looks like it is going to take down Destroyer and PD, I expected Buzz, Destro and PD as top 3. Interesting.