• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Disc of the Decade (01-10)

Best Disc of the Decade

• Wizard

Votes: 41 14.0%
  • Buzzz

Votes: 108 36.9%
  • Sidewinder

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Wraith

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • OLF

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • PD

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Pure

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • River

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Zone

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

New013

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
It all comes down to this folks, you've voted and argued and fanboy'd it up and now we're down to 10. Soon the disc of the decade will be decided out of the finalists that make up the bag of the decade. Once again there was a wild card round to fight for the 2001 years slot because the discs in that year were so bad you the people voted it out. The poll will run for 3 days. Your options and the bag of the decade is as follows.

2002 - Wizard
2003 - Buzzz
2004 - Sidewinder
2005 - Wraith
2006 - OLF
2007 - Destroyer
2008 - PD
2009 - Pure
2010 - River
WC - Zone

... holy crap that bag is redundant. it's clear DGCR doesn't value it's mids enough. Anyway go about your usual bickering and voting... Go.

It's going to be hard to beat the Buzzz. I'd be interested to know what percentage of players carry one (or multiple).

I could certainly field a nice bag just with those discs. The Buzzz would be THE disc if I were to choose one.

Putt - Zero Pures
Driving Putter - Opto Pure
Forehand, Spikes, Upshots - ESP Zone
Midrange Duties - X, ESP and Z Buzzz
Understable - GL River
Straight, Forehand, Beefy, Control Drives - P & S PD
Distance Drives - Pro and Star Destroyer

I probably miss my Teebirds, TLs and Firebirds the most.

Last edited:
I don't currently carry a buzzz, but I chose it as well. I think its had more of an impact and is more popular than all the other options on there.

I bag pd's and pures. I'm on my phone.... Meant to vote for pures, they are the one mold I do whole rounds with. But I voted pd. Either way I'm ok.

hmmm for me it really comes down to Zone or PD... going with Zone .. most unique and predictable disc i have ever thrown

I voted PD because its fast enough for those with strong arms, yet slow enough for noodle arms to be their workhorse driver. S-PD followed by the Buzz, then Wizard would be my top 3.

Buzzz or Wizard. Both are flagships. Two of the best discs in their respective categories. It's tough, but I have to with the Buzzz.

Voted Destroyer its a Freaking work horse that most Pro's would choose! Next would be the Buzzz then Wizard. Ive had 6 of the 10 bagged at some point. So yeah not a bad list I wish somethings I voted for and against could have made the Wild Card round but HEY the MVP Klan didnt make it in. Well done! Thanks NEW013 cool idea.

have had 8/10 bagged at some point. i could play a tourny with only a flx buzz. i went with buzz. great for any level of players.

Thrown them all, will have to go Destroyer. Wraith and PD were close behind. Destroyer has the Distance, Control, Predictability and wide range of plastics and weights (stabilities) for a wide range of players.

I'm a roc thrower myself and on occasion have thrown a buzz in the bag to give it a try. I putt with wizards. I think both the Buzz and the wizards are two discs that can not be overlooked. The Sidewinder is a great disc and I have one in the bag. But I voted for the Buzz as it seems that if you don't throwm rocs you throw a Buzz (that is if you're not throwing MVP or some other brand).

Looks like Buzz is going to take it, has a strong lead.

The more competitive race will be Discraft VS Innova. As of right now it's 25 - 24 with Discraft in the lead. Yes I'm counting the PD as Innova since they make it.

buzzz seems to be one disc that no matter how hard i try... doesn't leave the bag. i love testing/throwing mids of all flavour, but the buzzz just seems to always earn its spot.

wizard is definitely a staple disc for so many players and probably keeps gateway in the black on its own. even though i don't throw them i still respect how important that mold was.

tough vote for me.