• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Disc of the Decade (01-10)

Best Disc of the Decade

• Wizard

Votes: 41 14.0%
  • Buzzz

Votes: 108 36.9%
  • Sidewinder

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Wraith

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • OLF

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • PD

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Pure

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • River

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Zone

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a really hard time picking between the Buzzz and Wizard. Both are staples, both are go-to favorites, and all around workhorse discs.
What ultimately made me choose Buzzz was that I've hit an ace with one this year, but I could easily have gone Wizard.

I picked Buzzz. The main reason I did is because it is the MOST FUN DISC I've ever had in my arsenal. I've only used it in Z plastic. It is so useful. I'm sure I could replace it with a clone from another brand but I've got no reason to do that. It was a close decision between the Buzzz & the Destroyer for me. They both are vital to my game.

I'm guessing this will be Buzzz vs. Destroyer, with the Wizard a distant third. Heading off to vote Buzzz now and see how I did...

I love both PDs and Zones. Absolutely love them and have carried both for years. The PD kicked the TeeBird out of my bag, which I carried for six years. I've tried to replace the Zone, and I just can't do it.

That said, I voted with the disc that gave me more confidence where it really counts from throw number one...I've flirted with other putters, but they just don't hold a candle to the Wizard.

Very tough choice. Thanks for the polls, New. This has been fun.

I went sidewinder because although I've tried almost all of them, the sw is the most useful for me at this point. 6 months ago I would have said buzzz, as I have a stack of probably ten different ones. But between kc rocs and roc3s, the buzzz just collects dust.

Never liked pds or destroyers, and I putt with anodes bc wizards dont go 300' for me.

Only 2 OLF votes. You people don't know good
for me it came down to OLF or Zone. I would have voted for both if i could, but i chose Zone because a Zone is a Zone, no matter the run.

This poll might be better and more accurate if we could choose up to 3 from the list. Buzzz would still win (rightfully so) but the numbers between other choices would be closer.

I putt with anodes bc wizards dont go 300' for me.

You putt with one mold because you can't drive another mold far enough? That's like saying I wear shoes on my feet because they just aren't comfortable on my hands.

I can throw an Anode further than my Wizard, but I still putt in the circle with the Anode and drive with a Wizard. The Wizard's fade keeps things more accurate than the glide on the Anode allows for on touchy putter drives, imo. If I have to go further than I can reach with my Wizard, I reach for a Buzzz. I can throw a controlled anhyzer with my Anode more easily than the Wizard though, so I go with the MVP on putter throws that must go right. Mostly, the Anode just comes out inside of 25'.

Wow. This is the problem with being so far removed from the end of that decade; there are so many newer, better choices that fill my bag. With those newer and better choices, at least by my estimation based upon my skill set, my evaluation of the discs on this list is much lower than what they were likely like back when they were new.

So, based upon the necessity to vote on how big of an impact they were when they were released, of how great they seemed when they were new in comparison to what was out at that time, my vote will have to be the Wraith.

The Wraith is a very controllable long distance driver that easily could net you more distance if your form was not clean enough to throw the XS, TeeBird, or Valkyrie a million miles like the top pros. For better or worse, the Wraith is the disc that started the whole wide rim craze that now has more discs released in that category than any other disc. It is also the disc that now has many people preaching the necessity to disc down or throw slower if you want to improve your game. By today's standards, the Wraith is one of the discs you should disc down to.

You putt with one mold because you can't drive another mold far enough? That's like saying I wear shoes on my feet because they just aren't comfortable on my hands.

obviously he meant that everything inside of 300 feet is a putt for him.

for me it came down to OLF or Zone. I would have voted for both if i could, but i chose Zone because a Zone is a Zone, no matter the run.

This poll might be better and more accurate if we could choose up to 3 from the list. Buzzz would still win (rightfully so) but the numbers between other choices would be closer.

Yeah Buzzz will win. It is the most popular disc from the 2nd biggest manufacturer. Everyone has access to a buzzz. If only Millennium knew how to name discs back then...

Yeah Buzzz will win. It is the most popular disc from the 2nd biggest manufacturer. Everyone has access to a buzzz. If only Millennium knew how to name discs back then...

You mean playing frolf with a qolf isn't appealing?

I feel like I could definitely be set with these ten molds in a bag for a round. I've bagged six of these at one point or another. In the end, I had to choose between Buzzz and Wizard for the poll. Wizard got my vote in the end, for its versatility (plus there must be some reason I have a dozen or so in various plastics hanging out in my house)

I like the Buzzz, but for me it's biggest shortcoming is that it doesn't seem to break in well. Therefore, I went with the Destroyer, as it is great throughout its entire life span.

Wizard won for me simply because next to my Rocs I am most confident with them. I have had quite a few long birdey throw ins with Wizards in all plastic and gummy HPP is my favorite plastic ever.