• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc washing...

RayGeFilled

What is the best way to wash up a disc? I bought my daughter a used disc for Christmas and I wanted to get it as clean as possible. Luckily there isn't any Sharpie on it to scrub off, but it does have a little ground in dirt...

Thanx in advance...

i use goo gone and a scotch brite scrub sponge..gets stickers off well..as well as sharpie and other stuff..as far as dirt goes some dish soap and the same scoth brite sponge works just fine.

i would be afraid to use the dishwasher for fear the the heat would warp the plastic

Bathing with your discs is the quickest and most sensual way to get to know your discs better. Just remember to wear protection or your going to end up with a bunch of mini's.

If you have a lot of discs and a dishwasher that has temp settings then that is a great way to wash them all at once. With just one though a regular wash cloth and soap will do the trick.

No to dishwasher unless you want some warped discs. Don't do it. Good ol soap and warm water works the best for dirt.

magic-eraser.jpg

Microfiber cloth using soap and warm water. Goo gone or acetone work well but will remove the stamp, and in the case of softer plastic such as R-Pro, SE, etc., may damage the plastic. A little elbow grease and a wet towel are really all you need!

Plug up the sink, fill with hot soapy water, let the discs soak for a bit, then wipe them down with a wash cloth.

Okay, I have pulled out at least 1000 discs from swamps and I can tell you the magic formula. Fill a large bucket with a solution of 90% water and 10% bleach. Let it soak for maybe an hour or two then everything will come right off! It will smell delicious and the bleach smell will fade almost instantly.

boom roasted smelly discs.

If you have a lot of discs and a dishwasher that has temp settings then that is a great way to wash them all at once. With just one though a regular wash cloth and soap will do the trick.

More minis! Good!

I just toss some in the shower and that cleans em as good as anything.

Okay, I have pulled out at least 1000 discs from swamps and I can tell you the magic formula. Fill a large bucket with a solution of 90% water and 10% bleach. Let it soak for maybe an hour or two then everything will come right off! It will smell delicious and the bleach smell will fade almost instantly.

boom roasted smelly discs.

big difference between what i do to a found water disc and how i clean the discs in my bag. I'm just getting dirt and dust off, not barnacles.

Latest posts