• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc With Phone # On It. Do you...?

How hard do you pat yourself on the back after returning a disc with a number on it?

• You pat yourself on the back but because you found a new disc that is now yours!!

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • You don't pat yourself on the back and return it angrily.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Standard pat on the back and feel decent/pretty good about returning it.

Votes: 77 65.3%
  • Pat firmly after returning the disc! You feel great about giving it back!

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Give it back and show the world how amazing you are! Hospitalize yourself by patting so hard!!

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
Here is a great story: Today I left my bag, all my favorite discs and my wallet in my bag on the back of my truck. Came back to the course, found my water bottle and bugspray where the bag fell off my truck. No one has contacted me yet. :( :( :(
That is definitely misplaced property and not abandoned so whomever took it is a thief no doubt. Maybe it happened because of bad karma from inking up your discs?

That is definitely misplaced property and not abandoned so whomever took it is a thief no doubt. Maybe it happened because of bad karma from inking up your discs?

I found two discs the other day and returned them both. So I think Karma got this one wrong.

Last few times I found discs at the park the guy was still there. Quick text and here you go, have a good day.

Most ppl say c, but act like e. I just leave them since I know if it has ink then 100% of time the person is still actively looking for their property. I know they will be back out soon and often until they find their disc. I'm not going to interfere with that.

I don't follow your logic here. Wouldn't someone be happier to get a call from you that their disc is found than to have to go back out to the course over and over again looking for it in the hope that some moron didn't already find and keep it? And honestly, who does that anyway? If I lose a disc I'll take at least a casual look every time I play that course for a couple of weeks, but one kind of has to assume that it's been found and kept after that. So a call is appreciated. Or what if the person is just visiting and can't come back soon and often? Why not take the two seconds out of your day to call them?

Most ppl say c, but act like e.
No, most people just return the disc and get on with life.

Believe it or not folks, there are people who do good deeds and don't need to adulate themselves for doing so.

And while they may believe in setting a good example, they also don't chalk their reasoning for doing those things up to some mythical hokum called "karma".

Lost an OK disc in our Holly Bush From Hell. Found a better disc with ink. Got that disc back to the owner. Immediately found an even BETTER disc with no ink.

I text the number first and then call if I get no response (cuz it might be a land line). I offer to mail it to them at my expense, let them come by and get it or give it to the next person I see that needs a disc - their choice. No back patting takes place.

This, but with heavy patting.

Believe it or not folks, there are people who do good deeds and don't need to adulate themselves for doing so.

And while they may believe in setting a good example, they also don't chalk their reasoning for doing those things up to some mythical hokum called "karma".

Thank you! :clap:

Return it if possible. Feel good about doing the right thing. The karma is psychological. Doing good helps you see the good that is done by others. Doing bad makes you expect the bad from others. Therefore good karma and bad karma are personal perspectives.

Return it if possible. Feel good about doing the right thing. The karma is psychological. Doing good helps you see the good that is done by others. Doing bad makes you expect the bad from others. Therefore good karma and bad karma are personal perspectives.

I like this perspective :thmbup:

And honestly, who does that anyway? If I lose a disc I'll take at least a casual look every time I play that course for a couple of weeks, but one kind of has to assume that it's been found and kept after that. Or what if the person is just visiting and can't come back soon and often? Why not take the two seconds out of your day to call them?
Now that abandonment is established the finder legally and guilt freely owns the disc.

This. I was surprised there was no such option in the poll.

what to do with a disc with ink on it is easy
the hard one for me, is what to do with a disc that has no ink
most times i will post a couple places about finding it, giving people a chance to describe it to claim it.

another what to do when I find a disc thread Geez......

If your not sure what to do, example disc has a number on it... call it once, leave a meassge. Your Done. bag it after that
NO name on Disc bag it or leave it. Simple....

:thmbup: #3

Here is a great story: Today I left my bag, all my favorite discs and my wallet in my bag on the back of my truck. Came back to the course, found my water bottle and bugspray where the bag fell off my truck. No one has contacted me yet. :( :( :(

That is not my definition of a great story. :mad: Hopefully you didn't have too much cash in the wallet. I hope you get your discs and bag back. You should call and/or visit the local PIAS. They can keep an eye out for the discs.

That is not my definition of a great story. :mad: Hopefully you didn't have too much cash in the wallet. I hope you get your discs and bag back. You should call and/or visit the local PIAS. They can keep an eye out for the discs.

Thanks for the kind words. The person never called. $300 in cash in the wallet, over $300 in checks, and about $400 worth of disc golf stuff. Plus all of my cards and identification now has to be replaced. :wall::wall::wall:

Just wanted to make sure nobody missed the correct answer :thmbup:
One needn't look any further than "do unto others"

Thanks for the kind words. The person never called. $300 in cash in the wallet, over $300 in checks, and about $400 worth of disc golf stuff. Plus all of my cards and identification now has to be replaced. :wall::wall::wall:

That sucks, man. I've lost my wallet one time in adulthood and replacing all the ID and various cards was worse than losing a bunch of cash money. Keep an eye on that credit report!