• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc you like but didn't make the cut

As I beat in my new P-PD, I find myself not touching my Star Valkaries anymore. Time will tell, but for now the Valks are still in my bag as a safety net. It just seems that the PD in different plastics and in different stages of wear are so incredibly versatile.

Eagle l (discmania s craze they just work for me)
Pd or td ( see above)
Ss voodoo or soft x challenger( though nothing like the other two swan2)
Opto king( tourney,vip sword)
Esp surge,star wraith,pro destro,dga hurricane(see above)

It feels Wierd writing this, but I'm going to have to say my 3star wraiths. When I bought my nice gummy flat star destroyer, the wraiths all got hung on the wall. My destroyer fills thier spot beautifully.
I keep wanting to put them back in but i feel that they just overlap.

I also want to mention my avenger ss ESP. To me they fly too much like my beloved star sidewinder. Does anyone else find thier flights to be similar? Maybe it's just me. It's almost as if the ss is a bit more stable, which I don't like(in that slot) because I use that slot for big hyzer flips

If I play a quick three disc round an avenger would be one of my choices

Quasar- (X-Caliber, I just like it better)
Champion Archangel- (still testing, but not an archangel)
Sparkle Squall- (QMS/DX Whippet, it overlaps these two and the beat dx whippet travels nice, straight and far)
DX Wolf- (R-Pro XD, thing goes dead straight or nice touch anny)

squall, roc, axis, vector, hornet, warrior (buzzzes and drones do it for me)
stalker, apache (teebird kicked it out)

Some more may get switched once i get another decent weather day to really test stuff out

i loved my old ESP Buzzz but i'm glad I lost it cause i most likely would never have got the axis.

Axis. (I like it, had high hopes for it, but found the Core and Lycan to be much better discs. Lycan seems to be the winner for me although a bit shorter distance compared to the other two.)

Dart. (Enjoyed it for a long time but improved with my putters, and other mids leave this disc without much use for me.)

Viper. (great disc but the tweener distance doesn't help me if I've got a Gator and a Firebird with me, which I almost always do.)

FL. (For the life of me, I can't tell any difference in the FLs I've thrown and the Firebird. Look different, fly the same for me.)

Katana. (Actually like this one very much but my courses don't give me the chance to use it often where a Valk or Wraith won't give me the drive I need.)

All the Westside stuff

I am the other way around with Latitude. As a whole I like Lat better than most manufacturers, but I found of the discs I would use between Latitude and Westside I always picked the Westside. I would give serious consideration to a Westside River.

I loved the Core, but it just couldn't coexist with, or beat out my buzzzes.... I could put them out a little further with less effort and could hold a straighter line on powered down shots in the woods with them... I just couldn't put them to use enough to justify another mold in the bag.

I also loved 11x eagle x's... They fit just right in between my firebirds (when I didn't need a big skip) and my teebirds (when I could use a little more fade) and great for forehand control... but some of my star firebirds are beat up enough to pull off the same lines without having to carry another mold.

I sometimes miss the Drone, but I just throw them too far... zone kicked them out without much hesitation and althogh I can't throw them as far, I don't really need the distance.

Boss (more controllable shaping with the Destroyer)
Beast / Orc - Side arm became too strong for these discs
Cro / Shark / Gator - Drone better overstable out of the box.
Nuke / Katana - Why gain 30' of unprodictable distance
Champion Rhyno - I'll just throw the Drone
Optimizer - LOL no seriously. The shot I used this for just doesn't happen often.

Only thing I've really tried that hasn't made the bag is probably the Wolf. Flies just like my Element most of the time, and like my Shark the rest of the time, and feels a little odd in my hand. I'll probably keep it around, and try it out every so often, but as of now it's not a disc I use.

I also want to mention my avenger ss ESP. To me they fly too much like my beloved star sidewinder. Does anyone else find thier flights to be similar? Maybe it's just me. It's almost as if the ss is a bit more stable, which I don't like(in that slot) because I use that slot for big hyzer flips

If I play a quick three disc round an avenger would be one of my choices

I carry an Avenger SS ESP and a Champion Sidewinder. I use the Sidewinder most, but will switch to the Avenger when I absolutely, positively have to have an anhyzer shot no matter what. In an open field, I can throw the Avenger SS farther, but on the course, I use the Sidewinder more. I carry both.

I love my beat up DX Destroyer, but just recently stopped carry it because of unpredictability.

My Wahoo goes in and out of the bag depending on the course.

I hate my Blunt Gumbputt. I love my Blunt Gumbputt. I hate my Blunt Gumbputt. I love my Blunt Gumbputt. .......

Axis. Not sure if it is me or the disc, but my Fuse's are better for me. Much more versatile, but I'll try a lighter Axis when they are available. Maybe that will be better.

Latest posts