• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - CD2

Anyone with experience throwing the swirly slines? How do they compare to other plastics/runs?

I was referring to swirly s-lines in general. About the Roaming Thundys I believe when Dana says they are domey i.e. more OS, but glidey. Should be getting a few soon myself.

I can confirm that these are quite overstable. I compared this to my about year old AJ Teebird and few months old p-line PD and it was more overstable than my PD and longer but as stable as my Teebird.

At my local store they said it is at least as stable as Thunderbird.

Just ordered one from DGC. Not sure I need a more stable one but we'll see. I don't think I've bought any plastic yet this year. My swirly wing stamp S line CD2 is currently my favorite disc.

Last edited:
I can confirm that these are quite overstable. I compared this to my about year old AJ Teebird and few months old p-line PD and it was more overstable than my PD and longer but as stable as my Teebird.

At my local store they said it is at least as stable as Thunderbird.

Thanks for the info. I was kinda hoping for something not quite as overstable as people are saying, but I guess they will probably beat in nicely. Anyone know if discmania plans on a stock S line run?

Thanks for the info. I was kinda hoping for something not quite as overstable as people are saying, but I guess they will probably beat in nicely. Anyone know if discmania plans on a stock S line run?

This s-line plastic is quite soft so I think that it will beat in quite fast. Only time will tell...

Is Flick Maniac confirming the stock run of S-Line CD2's this year, or just asking nicely?

I had one of the older run swirly S-lines with the shield & wings stamp. That thing was glorious for neutral control driver goodness. Was really sad when I lost it.

Got a few of the new Dana CD2's on order. If they start out a little more OS than the previous swirlies, that will be perfect. Can sit right between my FB and my seasoned 167g C-line.

Although if there is really a stock run of S-line, might just trade the Danas for some brighter solid colors w/ stock stamps.

I am 99% sure the Official Ask Discmania thread has Discmania Support saying there will be a stock run in 2018. Cant be bothered to browse through right now for that 1% :)

I just wish they will come out more US than the Danas. The Danas are fine for a variation, I can use them like a PD pretty much, but I hope there will be an affordable option for the straight glidey goodness of the flatter S-CD2s.

Yeah Dana Vicich S-CD2's are quite beefy. As beefy as my C-PD's. I hope that the stock run is much less stable.

What?! Mine is WAY less stable than an 8th Run C-PD. Way less stable than an S-Line PD as well.

In fact the Dana S-CD2 is less stable than both my new C-Line CD2 and my worn in 7/10 C-CD2. It's even less stable than a brand new Glow C-Line CD2 and I would put those behind my normal C-Line ones.

So either I got a weird understable one (which I actually love and was hoping for) or you guys are crazy.

How far do you all throw? I throw the CD2 up to about 375. PD about the same.

I really think you got a weird one. Mine is really soft and pop top. I cap around 340ft. I actually use mine as my main sidearm driver because I can really dig my grip in to the disc. Still really nice disc and I think it will season nicely.
What?! Mine is WAY less stable than an 8th Run C-PD. Way less stable than an S-Line PD as well.

In fact the Dana S-CD2 is less stable than both my new C-Line CD2 and my worn in 7/10 C-CD2. It's even less stable than a brand new Glow C-Line CD2 and I would put those behind my normal C-Line ones.

So either I got a weird understable one (which I actually love and was hoping for) or you guys are crazy.

Lähetetty minun Nexus 7 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Your Dana is exactly what I was hoping for. I throw around 360 ft BH and around 425 ft FH. I have two Dana CD2's and they are both beefy, my friend has three and he said they all are beefy. So you probably got a weird one.