• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Just got a 174g C-Line FD Jackal from discgolfcenter.com

It is almost flat.

Haven't gotten a chance to throw it yet with weather, but it has FAR less dome than my S-Line FD Jackals, and as far as I can tell, the same dome I got used to on my old C-Line before I lost it.

good to know. i emailed them a when they first restocked C-FDs, they said they weren't flat... time to resume my hoarding of flat C-FDs...

good to know. i emailed them a when they first restocked C-FDs, they said they weren't flat... time to resume my hoarding of flat C-FDs...

Just from reading this thread, it sounds like people are getting a mix of 2nd and 3rd runs with the F2's. I would at least add a note on the order specifying which.

I have lost a couple of the 2nd runs, but I have a good stock left. If they all disappear from the world, well, I might finally try a Rival.

Just from reading this thread, it sounds like people are getting a mix of 2nd and 3rd runs with the F2's. I would at least add a note on the order specifying which.

I have lost a couple of the 2nd runs, but I have a good stock left. If they all disappear from the world, well, I might finally try a Rival.

I've lost a total of three 2nd runs. I left the very first one I bought on the course, and two on practice throws near a creek (I know... dumb)... which I jumped into, in what felt like freezing weather, only to come back out with hypothermia. Everytime I lose a 2nd run I feel like I killed a unicorn...

Just got a 174g C-Line FD Jackal from discgolfcenter.com

It is almost flat.

Haven't gotten a chance to throw it yet with weather, but it has FAR less dome than my S-Line FD Jackals, and as far as I can tell, the same dome I got used to on my old C-Line before I lost it.

Just got a couple C-FD's in from discgolfcenter.com, can confirm both are 2nd runs for any of you out there also looking to stock up on these magnificent bastards.

I think of flat, 2nd run C-line FDs as the blue collar 11X CAL TeeBird. Straight, overstable with glide that an honest working man or woman can afford. I just snagged 2 more 167g from DGC to add to my stockpile.

Most stocks are getting down to yellow/green/wine color in max weight. I wonder if the third run will make it to retail, or if it just covers the Lizotte CFRs and some F2's..

Jackal

I just picked up a Jackel and only have thrown it twice. Feels great in the hands and i love it so far. Can't wait to throw it some more.

What is some opinions on this bad boy.

If there is a thread on this disc let me know could not find it.

75 pages of Jackal.

Just for future reference, I never use the actual search function on this site because it doesn't have the versatility that a google search does.

Go to google, type "site:dgcoursereview.com/forums/ jackal" and it will give you only results from the site after "site:" that match the text "jackal."

Just for future reference, I never use the actual search function on this site because it doesn't have the versatility that a google search does.
People have a hard time using it because the search only shows posts by default, and not thread titles. The three character limit is a problem of its own though.

All this time of watching that stupid show "Sabado Gigante," I never knew that chacal was jackal in Spanish. (BTW, Don Francisco should have retired years ago. It's embarassing watching him mouth the words from the teleprompter when someone else is speaking) It just goes to show you, when you don't grow up speaking a language, you'll always find words that are new to you, that were right under your nose.

Sorry for the little derail. I just get excited when I see Spanish around here. :D

I love my Jackals! It took some time for me to get used to them, but now I can throw them on just about any line.

I use my 2nd run C-line FD (175g) for straight shots with just enough fade to come out of an anhyzer. I never want to lose my 2nd run.. (until the FD2 comes out which I think is really similar to the 2nd run FD)

And then I use my original model C-line FD (169g) for straight shots when thrown at a slight hyzer and anhyzer shots when thrown straight or in an anny. Just got used to this disc, at first I really hated it (because I couldn't throw cleanly, not the discs fault :D).

When the FD2 comes out, I am sure that my fairways will only consist of FD's and FD2's. Beautiful disc.

I never want to lose my 2nd run.. (until the FD2 comes out which I think is really similar to the 2nd run FD)

Can you link to wherever you got this info? I've been anxiously awaiting more news on the fd2

Picked up a yellow and a orange second run from Community Discs, my pile of flat FD's is slowly growing. I missed out on the lower weight ones from disc golf center but found these in the high 160's.

Latest posts