• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

discmania.net said:
C-line FD's are reserved for fundraising, so if there's a tournament you want to promote, give us a shout!

Who knows. I'd like to try them, but I'm pretty happy with my S Lines.

I'm looking forward to trying the C-lines. CDGS got in kind of a crappy selection of SFDs (including a good number that should have been X-outs due to sinks in the wing) and haven't yet sold enough to order more, so I haven't found any new ones I like.

what'shisname said:
Timko said:
Frank Delicious said:
Where are my production run C-FDs?

Attempting to get DGR stamped for this fall's Discmania release.
:thumbup:

Se if they'll throw in a few D Lines too! Pretty please?
They make great out of the box turning drivers. It's hard to keep them from ending up far right.

I have thrown the C-FD's...wasn't really any different than throwing the S-FD. It might have a small touch more stability...but not worth the premium they are bringing($20 last I checked). I would like to check out a D-FD for rollers. Sounds like it might be pretty easy to roll.

BLURR said:
I have thrown the C-FD's...wasn't really any different than throwing the S-FD. It might have a small touch more stability...but not worth the premium they are bringing($20 last I checked). I would like to check out a D-FD for rollers. Sounds like it might be pretty easy to roll.
Definitely easy to make it turn enough, but I don't think they'll stand up for very long. Personally I'd rather throw something more stable with a bigger anhyzer.

Would anybody be able to make a comparison between an S-FD and an X-XL? Descriptions make the FD seem similar with a bit more turn?

Edit- i'm realizing comparisons to beat Roc make it sound like a longer Cyclone, which would be AWESOME.

I know I'm too old with my 90's discs....

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Just barely less than a mm taller plh and a smudge more dome than my s fd. Both 175. Throwing it monday.

The higher PLH sure sounds great for my tastes. I don't know the dome height influences this disc so it's difficult to even guess into the direction and amount of changes it makes. But the higher PLH can't hurt. I'm cautiously optimistic about this direction and am eagerly waiting for comparisons to S-Lines.

soo yeah,i picked up a few of the new run cfd's and they are so nice,well atleast the flat ones are. i have yet to throw the domey ones and probably wont because it doesnt feel right in the hand. the ones i have arent fb flat but are pretty flat for an fd. still has the high shoulder but after that the dome flattens out. mine are all the same and pretty hss with no turn. these fly like a fresh candy qjls. i have thrown these flatties in headwinds and they soar super straight like my ce qjs do in a calm wind.

so far i like them as a stable compliment to my qjs instead of breaking out fresh ce qjs for that spot. i love the feel and grip on them as well. whatever new blend innova has atm,its nice and stiff with a slight pearl. these cfd feel just like my 3r cpd's and the new run of md2.

i think i might need to hoard :)

The new run MD2 flat like the tasty ones? Domey? Varying? Was looking to try them out but disnt like the feel of the gummier domey ones.

Loving the new C-Line FDs. I like a flatter S-line too, but the Cs feel great in hand and I'm not getting any high speed turn at my power level, and I'm throwing them FH. I might have finally found a suitable replacement for my 11X Gazelles. And at $13, I'll be hoarding too :)

I've been loving my beat SFD's lately. Nice left to right action and sneeeeaky long. Had a few beautiful shots with them during league night last night that got me some birds on holes that I usually have trouble getting to.

I'm looking for Jaguars. I don't care about weight as long as it's over 175 grams and I certainly don't care about color. I would prefer the quality to be of a level on par with nothing more than a few abrasions or nicks. I'm not interested in broken, cracked or notched disks I will pay well for whatever is available as I use these as rollers and can't seem to find any other disc that performs or works as well for me. I would also appreciate any word-of-mouth dispersion of my need for these. I am not a collector! I AM a disc golfer in need of an old friend and as many of them as I can find!

Latest posts