• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Prototype January 2016 (DDX)

I wish I could find a King that would stay in the air.

What! My VIPs stay in the air forever and ever. They definitely don't glide as much as my havocs but they definitely get the job done. What kind did you throw?

What! My VIPs stay in the air forever and ever. They definitely don't glide as much as my havocs but they definitely get the job done. What kind did you throw?

I chose poor words. Yeah, mine glide, but they turn over too easily. I have a VIP, a Tourney and two airs. I'd probably need to find a place with a stack of them and compare PLH. I am not going to order one again.

Got me paws on an S-line DDX. Great disc. Not quite as long as a Tern, or Bolt, but into a breeze, this has the job. Love the shallow feel.

From my experience the Swirly DDX flew exactly like a Heather Leatherman Tern, I haven't visited the DDX in a long time since I accidentally lost mine :( :( any news on plastics and how they are flying now? I know the DDX was to be a more stable Tern, but I found it very similar with a little more fade earlier in the end flight stage, this still true? I wanna get some more DDX's this spring

From my experience the Swirly DDX flew exactly like a Heather Leatherman Tern, I haven't visited the DDX in a long time since I accidentally lost mine :( :( any news on plastics and how they are flying now? I know the DDX was to be a more stable Tern, but I found it very similar with a little more fade earlier in the end flight stage, this still true? I wanna get some more DDX's this spring

HL Terns are more stable than regular Star Terns, so I'm not surprised to hear you say the Swirly Star DDx is similar to the HL Tern. I would imagine there is not much change with either mold...

HL Terns are more stable than regular Star Terns, so I'm not surprised to hear you say the Swirly Star DDx is similar to the HL Tern. I would imagine there is not much change with either mold...

yeah I tried to Hoard some 2015 HL Terns, then I got a Swirly S DDX and it was the same if not a little better, so I stopped worrying about the HL Terns, Very glad the DDX became a thing, such a cool distance driver. I'm guessing the C-lines are more Stable -

yeah I tried to Hoard some 2015 HL Terns, then I got a Swirly S DDX and it was the same if not a little better, so I stopped worrying about the HL Terns, Very glad the DDX became a thing, such a cool distance driver. I'm guessing the C-lines are more Stable -

My one C-line DDx is a little more stable than my one S-line DDx, but not by very much at all.

I take it there isn't much DDX love out there with all of the other high speed driver molds on the market?

I take it there isn't much DDX love out there with all of the other high speed driver molds on the market?

It's a good disc, but it was hyped as a Tern-like disc with a bit of stability to it. But it didn't live up to the hype. Add to it that Discmania discs can be hard to get here in the USA (people who have waited for P2s and FDs know what I mean), and the DDx never really took off. All JMHO, of course.

i think this is a bad take. it actually is a more overstable tern, something players have yearned for.

its a weird combo though: with a PD2 top (which is massively overstable) and tern bottom that results in an initial tern flight (s curve) to a dumpy fade which needs a dedicated full throw (a little more height and space) and requires a LOT of trust in the disc to do its thing.

so for a lot of players with a little less armspeed that loved that needed that overstable tern to handle a little more wind and torque during all out throws it was a god send. but for players with already big arms throwing destroyers and pd2's 400ft not so much.

its just not that popular with touring pros because of that. just like how you don't see paul mcbeth throwing terns for distance. but for regular players with less armspeed it actually can be their overstable terns, because it its.

its a weird combo though: with a PD2 top (which is massively overstable) and tern bottom that results in an initial tern flight (s curve) to a dumpy fade which needs a dedicated full throw (a little more height and space) and requires a LOT of trust in the disc to do its thing.

I agree. I haven't thrown beat ones, but new-ish ones have way more dumpy fade than there should be of a disc in that HSS range. Even if they just pop up for me the fade dumps like crazy. Too much LSS for a max distance disc to me...no way I could throw them max D. And in that same distance range I can throw other discs that are straighter.