• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Thread (Part II)

so is gannon the new crush boy?

I hope so but I wouldn't be surprised if Innova snagged him when they dropped AB. I think Discmania makes more sense. The Babcock acquirement was lack luster, so I'm hungry for some DM hype!

I hope so but I wouldn't be surprised if Innova snagged him when they dropped AB. I think Discmania makes more sense. The Babcock acquirement was lack luster, so I'm hungry for some DM hype!

I don't think it's gonna be Innova. It doesn't seem like their thing to throw a lot of money at a young player. And the Buhr to Discmania rumor was heard together with the Simon to MVP rumor, plus that both Babcock and Buhrs USDGC caddie Matt also went to Discmania for 2023.

I was thinking that Buhr would go to Discmania, but not until next year since the rumors were that Prodigy was determined to have Buhr honor his contract. Especially since Prodigy announced their top team for 2023.

But my guess is Discmania added some more buyout cash than they wanted to do in when the rumors went around the first time in addition to Prodigy understanding that it would probably be in their interest also to let Buhr go if he wanted to leave. Otherwise they might have had a grumpy teenager on the team who didn't want to play for them and then at the end of the year not get a cent for him if he decided to move to Discmania in 2024.

Or the deal has been done for a while, but that they wanted to wait for the annuncement until the hype around Simons deal had settled. But my bet is that it took until recently for the last detailes to be ironed out.

Sweet - have your DB4 shipped? Mine haven't.

not yet, just got the email that shipping has begun. looks like some folks in Europe have got shipping notifications though - from reddit. I'm in the US so I'm expecting a bit more of a wait.

Last edited:
The new MD5

attachment.php

Attachments

• 45697B5B-EA64-40CF-B927-F16B12A6D3A4.jpg
    45697B5B-EA64-40CF-B927-F16B12A6D3A4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 372
Between the Method and Mutant?

In all honesty, that is really the only spot I am missing. I am waffling between an A2 and a Hornet. Both I have two of each right where I want them, so technically not an open spot in my bag. However, in the A2 case, their spectrum of their available overstability is from the workable I want to glideless immediate dump. As for the Hornet, I only liked the old, gummy, opaque Z - but now they are impossible to find. I have a '21 Ledgestone Big Z coming in the mail that looks opaque, but I really want to stick with Discmania as much as I can.

I do not find the Method overstable at all. It has barely a touch more HSS and LSS than my MD3, but not enough to differentiate to the point where I feel I need to be carrying both in the bag. I do not use this spot much in the winter, instead discing up to a FD3, but I know that once the snow/ice clear and the weather gets warmer that I will be stretching my distance back out to norms. I know plenty of shots locally where an overstable mid will put me under the basket after a very tight and precise line.

The new MD5

attachment.php

From top to bottom: New MD5, old MD5, MD4, old MD3.

Attachments

• IMG_20230220_165851.jpg
    IMG_20230220_165851.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 90
$23 for stock s-line, sheesh

Yeah, they might be expecting all the 20% codes to come rolling in? I'm holding off for now. My c-line FDs are beat about where the s-line flight starts. Have three DB4 coming, have DD1s, have Paradigms, have Nordic phenoms… I can wait. Might use my 20% code on the last day, who knows.

Definitely want MD5 when it comes out!

Interesting OTB also adds:

Discmania says this about the mold: "The DD3 is the distance driver that has been optimized to bring massive glide and distance to those who have the power. Pro tip: This particular first version of the S-Line DD3 is more understable than they are likely to be in the future. Not a massive amount, but enough to notice a difference and enough for you to fall in love with it. Compare to: very similar version to the Echo DD3 of the past.

So… will the S-line DD3 be Re-tooled?

Latest posts