• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Great Lakes Open - May 31st - June 2nd

SockiBomb beat the course record by 1 with two bogies on a gimpy leg? First thought that comes to my mind is, "That's obscene." Someone already said it, but yeah, course record's gonna be sub 50 if the leaders get a round in decent weather.

Not playing this weeekend? didnt see ya on there.

Anyone know Hudson Mills conditions? Mosquitos?

nope, i had plans i couldnt miss for tomorrow but its ok because im playing there next weekend and im looking forward to watching on sunday. you gonna be around? i figured you might be caddying for Paige or Catrina.

I spotted the drives on hole #6 today. Tough conditions for the later groups with wind and rain. All in all it was a fun time. The best part was meeting BOB Graham! Super cool guy!

In case you missed this from the 2013 Tourney Vids thread:

DGLO Day 1 Highlights

^ Nicer weather today: breezy and partly cloudy but no rain (at least yet). Another day like this and he'll break 50 if his leg holds up.

One group carded a *2 while I was spotting on #14 today. Saw a few sick putts from deep schule/bad lies to bag dueces :D, some great drives ----> missed putts. :( Saw one minor tizzie fit over a what looked like a good drive that ended up with a crappy lie... shoulda been no higher than a 3 (I genuinely think I could have finished it in 3), that lie really got into his head, he was bitchin' about how random it was and that should never have been a bad shot. :mad: IIRC, he carded one of the few 4's I witnessed on that hole.

Maybe I've just got more experience with escape shots . :\ :p

Why is McBeth not on the lead card? There is a three way tie for 3rd between McBeth, Owens, and Schusterick. McBeth had the lowest previous round of the three, has the highest rating of the three, and also beats out Schusterick for a lower PDGA number. Can someone explain to me how card mates are decided when there is a tie?

The PDGA online display does not automatically show the proper grouping sort for the next round as scores are posted. It is straightened out by the TD before the next round.

It has been corrected now. I'm heading out to Milford early tomorrow morning with the wife. It will be my first time seeing pro's play in person, so I'm pumped that the top three in the rankings will be on the same card.

^ I recommend wearing water resistant footwear - it was nice today, but supposed to rain again tonght. Walking through long grass is pretty much a guaranteed if you're gonna be walking around the course (I hate walking in damp socks). Wouldn't hurt to bring a couple of umbrella's - you can always leave'em in the car if it's nice, but yesterday the rain was off and on.

Also: bring water - and enjoy!

If you're looking for decent food while you're here with the Mrs., check out: Milford House (5.5 miles from the Toboggan course), or Baker's of Milford (literally right across the street from the north entrance of the park) for food + some classic cars (people show their cars every Sunday).

Last edited:
If you're looking for decent food while you're here with the Mrs., check out: Milford House (5.5 miles from the Toboggan course), or Baker's of Milford (literally right across the street from the north entrance of the park) for food + some classic cars (people show their cars every Sunday).[/QUOTE]

Bogey you are like Rand McNally. Great suggestions for out of towners and even those who don't get out toward Kensington. Baker's car show is one of the largest non sanctioned car get togethers in the state. Food at both these places is indeed good. :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

^ I recommend wearing water resistant footwear - it was nice today, but supposed to rain again tonght. Walking through long grass is pretty much a guaranteed if you're gonna be walking around the course (I hate walking in damp socks). Wouldn't hurt to bring a couple of umbrella's - you can always leave'em in the car if it's nice, but yesterday the rain was off and on.

Also: bring water - and enjoy!

If you're looking for decent food while you're here with the Mrs., check out: Milford House (5.5 miles from the Toboggan course), or Baker's of Milford (literally right across the street from the north entrance of the park) for food + some classic cars (people show their cars every Sunday).

I'd throw Palate on that list too....great food and a killer tap list....right downtown almost kitty cornered from the Milford House.....

I spotted 4 and my socks were soaked all day..It happens so much now I'm almost to the point I'm used to it...I need better shoes

seeing everyone throw from a spotters point of view is pretty cool..you basically can't get any closer to the action....only downfall is you cant follow anyone....

I'd throw Palate on that list too....great food and a killer tap list....right downtown almost kitty cornered from the Milford House.....

I spotted 4 and my socks were soaked all day..It happens so much now I'm almost to the point I'm used to it...I need better shoes

seeing everyone throw from a spotters point of view is pretty cool..you basically can't get any closer to the action....only downfall is you cant follow anyone....

^ true, but you get to see 'em all!

I had to leave just before the big names came to my hole :( but I still had a good time.

^ true, but you get to see 'em all!

I had to leave just before the big names came to my hole :( but I still had a good time.

I am sooo jealous. I think it is great you guys are stepping up and helping make this a great event. Did you score any swag for the volunteer work?

Got a few discs and one of those "brighter than orange" dri-fits... they're pretty good about that.
I'm pretty tied up this weekend, or I'd be out there more - daughter's HS commencement tomorrow and my mom's in from FL.

I might volunteer for significant hours/day for USADGC next weekend - would bring my cooler and a camp chair and make a comfy, fun day of it. Had a few waits between groups today where I wish I had a seat.

Latest posts