• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discraft mid set up

pzacch05

Par Member
i throw a 170 elite z buzzz currently as my only midrange. i throw all forehand except for approaches and i like elite z plastic. in short im looking for a complete midrange set up that will cover all my slots. im looking at the following

comet (understable/ form correcting mid)

wasp (overstable, but i dont know if this is too close to the buzzz?)

hornet (overstable slot)

I can only speak for the comet but its a great disc i have a beat X Comet I got the first day I started playing and it has helped my form x10. I throw a Fuse now I like the extra glide, but still go to the park and practice with my comet and let my dog go get it

I didn't care for the different feel of the comet vs the buzzz. I know you wanted to stay with discraft but I'm going with a Stingray for an understable mid - feels very similar to a buzzz.

Try other manufacturers and learn a backhand. Versatility will serve you well.

I personally like the Meteor better than the comet.

my current mid set up is

173 esp meteor

173 esp buzzz

175 esp Zone

covers all my mid shots

If you want an understable Mid I think an Elite X Buzzz that is beat in fills this roll very well. I have been looking at trying a Meteor but I really like the X Buzzz and the fact that I don't need a new mold to fill the understable role.

The Comet is a good choice. But its a finicky animal and if your form isn't right the Comet can be a nightmare. The Meteor is a better choice I think. But it doesn't come in Z plastic. The Glide might be another choice.

Wasp, no need. Only slightly more stable than your Buzzz.

Hornet is the way to go. A great compliment to your Buzzz.

flx drone, new z buzzz and an old z buzzz, and an esp meteor. i have a pro pig which is basically a zone + a few wizards

My mid set-up is a ESP Meteor, ESP Buzzz, and a ESP Wasp. I personally don't need anything more stable than a Wasp.

i love the comet but it is not a true understable until it gets very beat. get one to work on your form, but i'm going to jump on the meteor bandwagon and tell you to try one of those. they are closer in speed to your buzz. i would also go hornet/drone on the OS mid because the newer wasps i've thrown have not been reliably overstable.

^^^^^this.. also if you like the feel of the buzzz i too would say try the Meteor.. im all bout the comet tho so i cant say much :p

Latest posts