• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Reaper

I found that already lol, I am doing my happy dance. These better come into regular production again. They were idiots for axe-ing them in the first place. The descriptions crack me up. The Reaper was never too much disc. It was just enough disc, I loved it for forehand placement shots that needed to finish hard right. Think short, angry Firebird. And the Talon's description just pissed me off. People are not just now realizing the benefits of small rimmed overstable discs. They have been a staple of my game since I started playing, and I know many other like-minded throwers. Discraft just bought into the big rim hype that the Wraith's speed 11-ness caused, and let their tried and true molds fall off to the wayside. Hopefully they have learned the error of their ways.

For those who have never thrown either of these, using the Innova scale, I would put the Reaper in a Z type plastic at 8, 4, 0, 4. As for the Talon in Z, it would be an 8, 4, 0, 3.

Last edited:
Reaper/Talon days of Discraft was my favorite.

O.O oh my goodness yes! Thank you discraft! Frickin Talons and Reapers, in Z, with new stamps? This is exactly what I was hoping the factory store would be about.

You guys convinced me. I remember seeing Reapers in stores back when I started in 2006, but I never actually bought one. I ordered one today and I have high hopes for a "shorter, angrier Firebird" which is a slot I have been trying to fill for years. Banshee's, XXXs, Tridents, Whippets, Raptors (RDG), Predators, X1, FD2/3 and others have all come and gone. Hopefully this is the one that will finally do the job.

The reaper fits right between a good 11x eagle X and a Preadator. Amazing control driver.

I am hoping they bring back the X wasp and X Pred. I don't think the X Pred will replace my PDs though. I almost replaced all my Preds with PDs back when the only C PDs you could find were still 1st runs.

They also have to do a run of Z MRVs. Maybe we need to start a discraft speculation thread for these new limited releases.

You guys convinced me. I remember seeing Reapers in stores back when I started in 2006, but I never actually bought one. I ordered one today and I have high hopes for a "shorter, angrier Firebird" which is a slot I have been trying to fill for years. Banshee's, XXXs, Tridents, Whippets, Raptors (RDG), Predators, X1, FD2/3 and others have all come and gone. Hopefully this is the one that will finally do the job.

That's an h1. Never thrown a reaper or talon, might have to try one now!

Reaper is not that beastly. If you are looking for that shot from discraft the Z Extreme may be your best bet.
The disc that I think will fit that shot best, although feels a little odd due to size is a Recon Moab.

I ordered a Reaper, 174g, orange. It does not feel real. I will have a Reaper in the bag again. I am dangerous with this mold. I should drop a stroke or two per round if these Big Zs fly like the Elite Zs that I remember. I usually do not spend this much on a thrower, but I can't miss the opportunity to have a Reaper again. Just in case they never make it back to full production.

Last edited:

Innova used to make a disc called a ram (now all the old heads may chime with over aggressive capitalization fetish when it comes to this disc) that I threw occasionally in the 90s -- it could easily be described a "shorter, angrier Firebird", find a ram and I bet you'd see what I mean.

oops -- I see that Innova is making the ram again. Shoulda googled that before I opened my mouth.

It's an odd disc -- but definitely slower than a firebird and certainly more overstable . . . . just saying.

There's a couple up for sale on Ebay right now in the 20 to 30 dollar range. Plus 1 that's around 200 bucks.....ouch on that.

To be fair, that 200 dollar first run is a beaut.
$_3.JPG

Still not worth 200 tho hahahaha.

Last edited:
My cousin just got his haul, 2 Reapers and a Talon. I have been talking up both of these molds since I got him into the game, so he ordered both just to try to make me jealous. He sent me pics.
2e4kfia.jpg

287q2hz.jpg

334q07s.jpg

He says that all three are nice and flat. The third one is particularly pretty to me. If mine doesn't have a cooler stamp, I might be jealous. Can't wait until mine arrives.

Last edited:

Latest posts