• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Stalker

Stalker v. Undertaker?

What are you guys seeing who throw them? Say 170-172g, Z plastic ones.

Stalker v. Undertaker?

I was throwing both at one point. The turning point was after GMC last year after I watched Hailey King do some serious work with her green Z. I decided to do a field test of both molds, and found that Stalkers went almost as far as my Undertakers (unless I got a perfect Undertaker throw, then it was about 40' further, normally was less than 20'), but with much better consistency and control. Very similar flight but the Undertakers were more OS and less forgiving.

I tossed stalkers back in the bag this weekend. 1 cryztal and 1 PP ESP, both are pretty fresh. I tend to forget how nice these are to throw. The cryztal is like a new champ teebird. The ESP is a little straighter overall but still stable with some fade.

Kind of in the same boat as ILUVSMGS18, would love a stalker that turns more (that doesn't come in D plastic). I feel like a lighter Z would do the trick. I'd have to work out some overlap with the PL squall at that point though. Right now I'm using a flippy pipeline for that slot.

I've been throwing undertakers very poorly lately. Since I use them under 350', moving to a stalker would probably be helpful.

I've got a lighter ESP that I probably should test against my beat Z. The hole I noticed the problem on was 10 on Brewster Ridge. Turned nicely, but faded really harshly when it came out of the turn.

I'm looking for something that is like -2,1 while my Z is like -1.5, 1.5. For reference I throw my Stalkers from 290'-350'+.

Stalker v. Undertaker?

I bag both. For shots that I can put some air under, I like the Undertaker. For lower shots I prefer the Stalker. They both have very similar stability for me, nice reliable fade at the end. In an open field Undertaker is probably 25' longer than a Stalker for me. Much easier for me to hit a tight fairway with a Stalker however. Hope this helps.

All of my Z Stalkers are PFN's. How are the newer ones flying? Same as the older ones?

I do have one Glo-Z (feels like ESP) with the crazy eyes stamp that was made in the past year. It is an oddball & OS. Flies like a new Star Teebird.

I have a first-run Z on the way right now from eBay & have many more that have that familiar flight. Always willing to add more Stalkers to my collection as long as they fly how I want them to.

I have a newer run z stalker and it flys like every stalker I've thrown. Nice control fairway driver when thrown hard and flat it won't have much turn and a small finish at the end. Love it for tee shots where I can't reach with my mids or nice placement shots on par 4s or 5s.

I find that my older Z Stalkers tend to be slightly flatter and therefore subjectively better to grip. The newer ones have a little more dome and a slightly different texture to the plastic. Like they used to be smooth, and then they added some sandblast finish to the mold at some point. But the actual flight is basically the same.

I find that my older Z Stalkers tend to be slightly flatter and therefore subjectively better to grip. The newer ones have a little more dome and a slightly different texture to the plastic. Like they used to be smooth, and then they added some sandblast finish to the mold at some point. But the actual flight is basically the same.

I have a near the end of production for the no flight number that is slick and has the sandblasting feel making the disc almost look like Big Z but not in feel. It looks like Frost Gatorade color and in tests one time the mold flies the same. Nice to see that the consistency of Discraft discs has not changed.