• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Stalker

How does the Explorer and Stalker compare? Looking for a workhorse fairway with for a sub-350 thrower. How does Stalker beat in?

How does the Explorer and Stalker compare? Looking for a workhorse fairway with for a sub-350 thrower. How does Stalker beat in?

Stalker will be straighter than an Explorer/Teebird type disc. Z Stalkers take a long time to beat up.

Just got one of the limited color Glo Stalkers. The grip on this is really good. It feels a lot like ESP. There's a bunch on eBay right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20200210_122417.jpg
    IMG_20200210_122417.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 33
Just got one of the limited color Glo Stalkers. The grip on this is really good. It feels a lot like ESP. There's a bunch on eBay right now.

How flat are they? My Z Glo's are all pretty flat, and all of my newer Z's have some dome. Really prefer the grip on the flatter ones.

How flat are they? My Z Glo's are all pretty flat, and all of my newer Z's have some dome. Really prefer the grip on the flatter ones.

I just compared it to my 3 production Glo Z's & 2 recent Z's. I would say its not as flat as the Glo Z's & a touch less dome than the regular Z's.

Attachments

• IMG_20200210_130320.jpg
    IMG_20200210_130320.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 33
I'm tying to find that workable fairway driver and the Stalker caught my eye since I see it described so often as a longer Buzzz. Can anyone compare the Stalker to the likes of the Leo3, F5, FD, etc? I need something that can take some torque and from what I've seen of the Stalker it seems to have a little more stability than the F5 and Leo3, but I'm curious if anyone's compared a few of the molds in this category.

I'm tying to find that workable fairway driver and the Stalker caught my eye since I see it described so often as a longer Buzzz. Can anyone compare the Stalker to the likes of the Leo3, F5, FD, etc? I need something that can take some torque and from what I've seen of the Stalker it seems to have a little more stability than the F5 and Leo3, but I'm curious if anyone's compared a few of the molds in this category.

I have been throwing Discmania Fds for ~3 seasons. D-line fds for rollers and get out of trouble shots. Beat up S-Line fd for long anhyzers and hyzer flip to flat shots, and then swirls S-Line or Metal flake C-Line for straighter high power shots that flex a bit. I know have played several rounds with Stalkers in my bag instead of FDs. The stalkers have less glide, less high speed turn, and less fade. I'm at ~5k elevation and what these stalkers do up here is very similar to what teebirds did for me at sea level. They are awesome. The lack of glide and the lack of fade makes them an extremely accurate longer midrange. Anytime I can see a midrange line but I want an extra 40-60ft the stalker is killing it. I am a midrange thrower. I really like a P-Line Md4 or a color glow MD-3 or a Buzzz, buit in low ceiling or less than ideal traction situations it makes sense to throw a fairway at 70% power rather than trying to throw a midrange at 85% power. The stalker is simply the best disc I have ever found to do this. I plane to make a youtube video soon to help discribe just how good the Stalker is for me. For reference I am comfortable throwing midrange discs at 280 to 340 and the Stalker goes 330 to 360 on VERY STRAIGHT lines. It is the best disc I have never thrown and I have thrown a lot of discs.

The stalkers have less glide, less high speed turn, and less fade.

Somehow you managed to describe exactly what I was looking for.

Anytime I can see a midrange line but I want an extra 40-60ft the stalker is killing it.

I'm also a heavy midrange thrower. I bag 5-6 Rocs at any given time to get me anything up to 340ish but I need something to bridge the gap from Rocs to Thunderbirds. I had issues with the glide FDs have and I never did get comfortable with Leo3s. F5s were the closest thing I came to liking, but they were far too eager to turnover. I will definitely be giving Stalkers a shot at filling this slot. Thanks!

I've been throwing Stalkers for a long time & have always thought them to be glidey. Doth Savek is up in the mountains & that elevation gives it a different flight? I completely agree with the lack of lateral movement.

I've been throwing Stalkers for a long time & have always thought them to be glidey. Doth Savek is up in the mountains & that elevation gives it a different flight? I completely agree with the lack of lateral movement.

Lack of movement is correct. I suspect the bead has something to do with the mold getting stuck on the flight path the disc is on when it comes out of players hand. Meaning the disc will fly at the exact angle until the dropping but still forward fade.

Somehow you managed to describe exactly what I was looking for.

I'm also a heavy midrange thrower. I bag 5-6 Rocs at any given time to get me anything up to 340ish but I need something to bridge the gap from Rocs to Thunderbirds. I had issues with the glide FDs have and I never did get comfortable with Leo3s. F5s were the closest thing I came to liking, but they were far too eager to turnover. I will definitely be giving Stalkers a shot at filling this slot. Thanks!

Stalkers have less glide than FDs for sure, but they aren't glideless. I can push my Ti out as far as my Undertakers as long as there isn't a ceiling. I've got a fresh Z and a swirly Ti that I haven't thrown yet (weather hasn't cooperated with my schedule) but I will let you know if they differ from what I'm used to (I doubt it but maybe).

On another note PP will have ESP Stalkers as a sig disc so finally stock ESP Stalkers. My wallet is going to hate me. Now if we could only get X Wasps.

I want the good weather to get here so I have an excuse to buy some new plastic.

for me to use some newer plastic from last year, some of the Stalkers I have. Got some of the last of the PFN Stalkers at 170-172 grams. I would like to use them or at least lone out a Stalker to friends frustrated with having a consistent Eagle to use during the round when I am playing.

Wonder why she took ESP for the Stalker? From what i can remember all of her fairways with DD was in Lucid plastic

So i was sure she would pick the Stalker in Z

Wonder why she took ESP for the Stalker? From what i can remember all of her fairways with DD was in Lucid plastic

So i was sure she would pick the Stalker in Z

We've needed another plastic option.

Stalkers have less glide than FDs for sure, but they aren't glideless. I can push my Ti out as far as my Undertakers as long as there isn't a ceiling. I've got a fresh Z and a swirly Ti that I haven't thrown yet (weather hasn't cooperated with my schedule) but I will let you know if they differ from what I'm used to (I doubt it but maybe).

On another note PP will have ESP Stalkers as a sig disc so finally stock ESP Stalkers. My wallet is going to hate me. Now if we could only get X Wasps.

My assumption and hope is that they wouldn't be glideless and fall out of the sky, just not have the 6 glide that FDs have. If they have the 5 glide as advertised and I can find them in a somewhat grippy plastic (the Z and ESP plastic I've had has been very slick) then I should be happy. How does the Cryztal compare?

I plan on picking up a swirly Ti and Z for starters, maybe a Cryztal or I can find one. I do like the PP stamps a lot more than all the McBeth claws I see everywhere.

Agreed - it is a slightly wider diameter driver (which I love). With the additional plastic options available right now I'll probably put them back in the bag. I'd prefer to pair cryztal and ESP.

My assumption and hope is that they wouldn't be glideless and fall out of the sky, just not have the 6 glide that FDs have. If they have the 5 glide as advertised and I can find them in a somewhat grippy plastic (the Z and ESP plastic I've had has been very slick) then I should be happy. How does the Cryztal compare?

I plan on picking up a swirly Ti and Z for starters, maybe a Cryztal or I can find one. I do like the PP stamps a lot more than all the McBeth claws I see everywhere.

I've never thought any of my Z Stalkers were slick. They've always had good grip. I would easily give them a glide of 5. Can't go wrong with a stock Z in the color you want.

I've never thought any of my Z Stalkers were slick. They've always had good grip. I would easily give them a glide of 5. Can't go wrong with a stock Z in the color you want.

The Z and ESP Zones I've tried have been super slick, which might be one of the reason I never liked the disc (blasphemy, I know). But I've had Forces and Vultures from a couple seasons ago in Z that felt great. Maybe that's more to do with more recent runs of Zones.

I'll start with Z and probably Cryztal and see what happens. And since I'm stuck inside waiting out the last bit of winter to go away, I'll probably end up with a swirly Ti or two...

Latest posts