• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Stalker

MrFixIt

* Ace Member *
Awright, I did the search and after @ 30 minutes of reading thru numerous threads, I still want to know...what disc that Innova produces is most like a Stalker?
BTW, it's in Z plastic, weighs in at 167 g (digitally scaled), and initial field testing is very promising. I feel like it compares to a Leopard, but wanted to know from you Discraft throwers what you think.
Thanks in advance!

Tried Stalkers in Glow, Z and ESP (white bar stamp) and none of them flew like any Leopard I have thrown. Thats actually an insult to the Leopards if you ask me.

To me it flew like a longer, faster Buzz but with the glide of a turd. Or maybe a short TL (with the glide of a turd)

EDIT: I am clearly biased and I will only be more pissed off when the lovers post all their love and I try one yet again only for disastrous disappointment, making me hate it more.

Last edited:
Tried Stalkers in Glow, Z and ESP (white bar stamp) and none of them flew like any Leopard I have thrown. Thats actually an insult to the Leopards if you ask me.

To me it flew like a longer, faster Buzz but with the glide of a turd. Or maybe a short TL (with the glide of a turd)

I have a Buzzz in Z plastic and it's okay...the MVP Axis has pretty much taken over most of my mid shots.

Oh, and as far as turds, you must be getting too much fiber, folks tell me I can sling s&%t for a mile...

I agree w/ the TL statement.

I did not mean to insult the Leopard, when I go home, I'll take it out of the bag and gently reassure it;)

Innova produces the Millennium JLS which is very similar except its faster and it has glide.

lol I am just a hater when it comes to the Stalker. There are a ton of people who love them, or at least there used to be. Used to be that a thread on the Stalker like this would quickly fill up with all the love that would make me try it 3 times. 2 of which after I already didn't like it.

I love the stalker, and get a ton of glide out of it. I only throw Cryztal ones that are dome, so that might have something to do with it. DOn't know what to compare it to. Something that goes straight!

I recently carried the Stalker again for a little while. The shots that I used it for it was overlapped variously and replaced by a PPD, QJLS and DX TeeBird. All of them superior to the Stalker.

The one thing I found the Stalker good at was as a ranging disc on lines slightly longer and maybe a bit lower than a Buzzz.

Other than what Mike C said, I don't know of anything from Innova that flies like the Stalker. It's exactly as it's been described so far, a long, straight Buzzz with limited glide.

The Stalker is kind of a fairway driver-midrange hybrid. I've never seen a disc from another company quite like it.

When I got my River the first thing I noticed that made it so different from all my other drivers was its large diameter at 21.5 cm (most are 21.1 or 21.2). I would imagine that a Stalker would feel even more different at 21.6 cm.

It is somewhat of a hybrid with a mid like diameter and a driver like rim. Looking at the PDGA specs sheet, Innova doesn't have anything that fits that description except for the Viper (I know - nothing like a Stalker), and some of their oop molds that I know nothing about.

I'd say that the Stalker feels(in the hand) most like a River, but without the super awesome plastic. The flight is somewhat similar, except the Stalker doesn't bring the glide like a river, or hold the lines as well, or have the soft fade a river does.
I've heard the River compared to a Valkyrie, but I don't see it; nor would I then interpolate a Stalker to be anything like a Valk. I could maybe understand comparing a Stalker to a "faster cheetah," but the only cheetah I've thrown was a 150 DX when I was a nub. This really ties into the thread about Innova's lack of speed 8 discs.

Well, considering this is my favorite disc, I'll share my delight. The Stalker is a faster Buzzz with slight fade at the end with little skip. Compared to Innova it would be similiar to a slower beat in Teebird with less fade but with a beefier rim. The disc is very forgiving as I am typically a strong-armed thrower. Thrown on an hyzer with max velocity it will hold the hyzer line and slowly fade skipping 5-15ft (depending on surface) from its landing point. On a flat release it will stay straight and come to a gentle rest. I use it mainly for 300-325ft drives or approach shots 150-300ft. My favorite shot with this disc is low flat shots 250-300ft aiming just about 5-10ft to the outside of the basket. Last week I just aced it on my home course on a hole that I've been trying to ace for four years.

Thrown into a headwind flat it can turn with little glide. On a hyzer into a headwind it will hold the hyzer line and carry straight out further. My interchangable disc would be an Elite Z-Buzzz. On a low ceiling tunnel shot the Buzzz will fly straight but I need to soften up my arm speed so I don't torque it over, however sometimes a Buzzz has a tendency to rise. If I throw the Stalker, I do have to put additional arm speed behind it to keep on a straight line, but it seldomly rises in no condition winds. Too much torque, again it will slightly turn. Too less arm speed it will fade out quicker. At the end of the flight where a buzz will hit and stay flat, the Stalker will have a little more fade and end about 5-15ft from its landing. I don't throw this disc for anhyzers so I have no input there, that's where I use my Buzzz or even a Squall. Hope that all helps.

My Discraft Fairway/Midrange disc selection
Drone - overstable short-midrange shots
Wasp - stable short-midrange shots
Stalker - stable long range drives/approach shots
Buzzz - straight drives/approach shots
Squall - understable drives/approach shots

Last edited:
I have tried the Stalker again the last few weeks and I am undecided whether it will stay in the bag. I use it as a long fairway approach disc for those shoots I would otherwise throw the Buzzz a little harder.

It feels like a "beefee" midrange.

My relationship with a Stalker goes like this... I will read a thread that praises the Stalker and I reminisce about the handful of awesome throws I had with the disc. I pull the disc out of my stash of unused molds. I love the way it feels in hand. I put it back in bag. I have one or two awesome throws with it, only to be followed by subsequent throws that result in epic failures. I really want to like the disc, it is just not for me.

It's a tweener that will really work with a small % of people. I can throw a mid farther and a FW driver is better in the wind. Didn't work for me. But I've seen Lopan12 throw freaking BBs with it. Try it out. If you don't bond quickly, move on.

Not Innova, but my Buzzz SS throws very similar to my (lost) Stalker. So close that I just never replaced the Stalker. I put a Cyclone in it's place. Between the SS and the Cyclone I have 90% of the Stalker and a bunch of other shots the Stalker can't do.

The answer is in every single one of these threads - it's a CFR Champ TL, flies just like a stalker.

Latest posts