• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Stalker

I agree with tech on this. I've never thrown a stalker that I liked. I can push a Buzzz out to around 330' on flat ground and could never push the stalker more than 10' further making it an unnecessary mold to me. Just another flash in the pan DGCR flame of the week as far as I'm concerned. I'd much rather throw a leopard. BUT to answer your question: maybe a GM?

The answer is in every single one of these threads - it's a CFR Champ TL, flies just like a stalker.

I threw a Champ TL for a long time and to me it flies nothing like a stalker. (I now throw a stalker). The TL does have more glide but in my opinion is a good bit more stable. I think the Champ TL is very similar to a TeeBird as far as stability goes. Could just be the couple that I have and threw. But they were almost identical to the TeeBirds that I have.

The Stalker is much straighter and for me is much more accurate. I can throw the TL about 15-20 feet further but I feel like I know exactly were my stalker is going to go.

The TL just seemed a lot more temperamental to me.

I do agree with what someone else said that it's not the disc for everyone. I've got a friend that hates stalkers but he loves his buzzz (as far as the longer buzzz comparison goes). I've talked to several others that throw buzzzs that can't stand Stalkers either. I do feel like it's a longer buzzz. I reach for it when it's just a little out of range for my buzzz and am usually pretty pleased with the results.

As for the OP's question. I'm not sure that innova makes anything that throws like a Stalker. The stalker just has kind of a weird flight.

I can only assume that you like the stalker's flight and want something comparable from innova (just a guess). If that's the case I would just continue to throw the stalker. I think it will be hard to find something like it from Innova.

Last edited:
I will just say that if you like the Stalker, and already carry a Buzzz or straight midrange, try a Cyclone or an XL and then see what you think about that Stalker.

(I would say try a Pro Leopard but that wouldn't even be fair. Easier to throw and travels further. Pfft Who wants that!?!)

Lots of great info here, thanks to all who have contributed so far :thmbup:

I'll throw a few rounds w/ it and see how it goes...

The Stalker is unique because of it's shape; big diameter, bead, low profile, not it's flight path. If you like the way it fits in your hand, it's a reasonable choice for a laser straight driver that can work swooping hyzers and long smooth anhyzers.

yeah i just started throwing these to replace strikers. basically i wanted more accurate shots for that slot. somethign that was going to be in the fairway and the strikers are great just hard to throw if you need them to stay in the fairway. the slower stalker fits this nicely and has less fade. i just wish it was a bit more stable, like the glow stalkers. but i don't throw it much since i have a roadrunner for full turnover shots and straight shots. i was thinking that these could be a longer roc shot.

i guess it is better for under 400 distance.

I had a glow stalker in the bag for a few weeks back in the summer but couldn't seem to get it. I traded it to a buddy if mine( for a 9/10 opto vision. I think I came out in top) and he throws it for every hole under 350. It just wasn't the the right fit for me

Took it out on a round yesterday. I liked the predictable fade...was longer in D than the Buzzz (like some of you folks said), and was nicely suprised by the way it came out of my hand. It did not do as well as I had hoped for spike hyzer shots, just kinda fell outta the sky w/ no glide, but, I will continue to use it on an as needed basis for now.

Thanks again for the advice!

Surprisingly (to myself) I havnt yet tried the Stalker. I wanted to get one in Z/Glow plastic just to see if it fits me well. I absolutely love my Z-XPress and dont plan on taking that one out of the bag. It's probably my straightest driver as of this moment.

Alright: Who's gonna convince me to get a Z-Stalker? Let's hear it peoples.

Surprisingly (to myself) I havnt yet tried the Stalker. I wanted to get one in Z/Glow plastic just to see if it fits me well. I absolutely love my Z-XPress and dont plan on taking that one out of the bag. It's probably my straightest driver as of this moment.

Alright: Who's gonna convince me to get a Z-Stalker? Let's hear it peoples.

I've got one in ESP you can try out. I'd compare it to a TL. We need to play a round anyway.

The ESP doesn't compare well to a Z or Glo Stalker. The Esp will be less stable and should have better glide. However, the ESP Stalker should be a more like the Z-Xpress.

I would like to try an Elite-Z Stalker. I might give that ESP a whirl though. Yes, we do need to get up again. I have a TL but took it out of the bag when I fell in love with my Z-XPress.

The ESP doesn't compare well to a Z or Glo Stalker. The Esp will be less stable and should have better glide. However, the ESP Stalker should be a more like the Z-Xpress.

What's up Underdog!?! Havnt heard from you in awhile. How's it crackin' over on the east coast?:D

I LOVE the Stalker. I throw Z's and Glows. I threw the ESP and gave it to my brother, who, in turn, loves it.

Feels like a natural disc --- if you didn't know disc golf and someone put a Stalker in your hand, it would feel comfortable. I would suggest it's a great disc for beginners: not too fast, not big rimmed, and flies on Buzzz-like lines.

They can get flippy once beat in, but so do most discs as they wear. My go-to Z Stalker still holds a great flight, but flips a bit with over-snap.

The Stalker is kind of a fairway driver-midrange hybrid. I've never seen a disc from another company quite like it.

^^^ What they said.

I don't have a huge arm so I use it as a placement Driver that just beyond a buzzz's reach but not a long distance drive (400+ ft). The thing is...I can throw it like a midrange (grip, power, footing, etc) and still get more D than a buzzz. Anyway, I've actually thought about what Innova disc it compares to and the best I can figure, it's like a shorter, more consistent TL with less turn...but I throw exclusively at 174g and I know that they are more flippy at lighter weight. I had a 170g Stalker that went further than my 174's...did a really great hyzer-flip. Anyway....(I get carried away with my Stalker love)...I haven't thown anything I think it compares to.

Okay, still on the fence. Saw a Glo Z stalker on Marshall St for a good price (Nov special on Glo's). Thought it might be good to throw now that the days are shorter. It's not a max D disc so chances are good I'd be able to track it down after a toss. I don't have any glo discs currently. Hmmm...

Latest posts