• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Stalker

Tried Stalkers in Glow, Z and ESP (white bar stamp) and none of them flew like any Leopard I have thrown. Thats actually an insult to the Leopards if you ask me.

To me it flew like a longer, faster Buzz but with the glide of a turd. Or maybe a short TL (with the glide of a turd).

Pretty much nailed it with this description. :thmbup:

Not Innova, but my Buzzz SS throws very similar to my (lost) Stalker. So close that I just never replaced the Stalker. I put a Cyclone in it's place. Between the SS and the Cyclone I have 90% of the Stalker and a bunch of other shots the Stalker can't do.

Recently, the Buzzz SS turned understable like the flick of a switch so I picked up a nice pink Z Stalker. Man, did I miss this Disc! Laser straight, low, controlled. I'm in love again.

A Stalker and a Drone. Others may come and go but those two are forever.

I feel like it compares to a Leopard

I bought a Stalker because two DGers at the table were saying that. I still do better with the Leopard. That's probably more me than the disc.

Why do you care what else is like a stalker? Can't you just play with a stalker if you want a disc like a stalker?

The stalker did not fit my game like it does for some people. I power up on a buzzz or power down another fairway driver. I fee like the stalker is a gap disc between mid and fairway. I don't want all that clutter in mg bag with limited usage.

I have a few for sale in my stalker thread if anyone wants them. They are pretty and cheap!

I think it's a tweener for a 400 ft thrower, but for a 300 ft thrower I think it fits a much needed hole as a straight driver.

longer buzzz, glide isnt very good. Mine are flat though

i have an esp stalker that i got with my PDGA membership. it's got the PDGA stamp on it and everything. is it worth busting out and working into my bag or should i just keep it in my closet collecting dust?

i've already got a z buzzz, an eagle and a teebird and from what i've gathered, the stalker behaves somewhat similar. what do you guys think?

ESP's have been reported as less stable than a regular Z Stalker. The Z fills a perfect nitch, a less stable ESP I think would be comparable to a TL/XL which are better discs anyways.

From what you have it may work for an understable option, but it's not the best disc out there for that job.

And for some reason, my ESP's always threw high where my Z throws low and flat.

If anyone has team stamped stalkers like these send me a PM!
TeamStampedStalkers.jpg

Im a BH lefty. I LOVE the Stalker as I've already exclaimed. The disc feels very natural, easy to grip, no funky rim, not too deep, and control like Janet(Ms Jackson, if you're nasty).
No, it doesn't have the River's endless glide; what does?
Slightly longer than a Buzzz but with a fairway driver feel. Worth trying if you haven't.

Here's video of a hyzer drive and an anhyzer drive.

In the first vid, a straight shot over trouble about 355'. Put it on a slight hyzer and it holds the whole way. Im at the 30 second mark:

Second vid, Flyboy, a.k.a. God's Course. Hole is "Damnit;" nearly 1,000' along a big pond to the right. My drive off the tee pad with the Z Stalker -- watch at the 1:51 mark for the hole pic, then mine is the second drive(2:05 mark).

One last video.

This one is from atop a hill overlooking a soccer field, hole 10 at Foothills/ Easley. Aiming for the soccer goal.

The disc feels very natural, easy to grip, no funky rim, not too deep, and control like Janet(Ms Jackson, if you're nasty).
No, it doesn't have the River's endless glide; what does?
Slightly longer than a Buzzz but with a fairway driver feel. Worth trying if you haven't.

This is exactly why I love stalkers as well :hfive:

I just found a 170-172, flat, pink, Z Stalker. My first impressions are that it is a Leopard with a bead. I can see the comparisons to a longer Buzzz, and to a broken in Champ TeeBird. Seems like a good disc, not sure if it really fits into my bag though, but I'm gonna try it some more just because I have it, and had previously never tried one.

REVIVE!?!~

Is the Stalker still being made? I went on the Discraft Website and its nowhere to be found

It's still out there for sure. Unless online/brick stores are only getting backstock? I hope it's still in production at least - I put them back in my bag recently and they fit perfectly in my lineup.

It's still out there for sure. Unless online/brick stores are only getting backstock? I hope it's still in production at least - I put them back in my bag recently and they fit perfectly in my lineup.

yeah I mean, they are online everywhere but I hope to see some new runs and some special runs etc. I haven't used a Stalker in a LONG time but recently decided to bust one out and now I wanna know I can get what I want - they should keep making stalkers and made another disc just like it maybe without a bead. but discraft is weird sometimes, they make certain discs OOP when they are like, ....great discs....its weird

REVIVE!?!~

Is the Stalker still being made? I went on the Discraft Website and its nowhere to be found

It's still on their flight chart. They've got just like the Wasp where it's one of their best molds & only is made in one plastic. I've got enough Z Stalkers to last me the next 5+ years of heavy use so I'm not worried about it going OOP. I was very sad to see they stopped making them in Glo-Z.

Stalker is my most used disc other than my driver. FH or BH it just helps me carve up the woods.

Latest posts