• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Titanium (now with pics)

CatPredator said:
Teebirds and Eagles work at a pretty wide range of speeds.

JHern said:
The Teebird (or Eagle) is another story entirely, I can't use it for shots under 330' or so, it is simply a very long very fast-flying driver

Try throwing with hyzer? Teebirds are hard to range on flat shots, but beefy Eagles are easier. I agree there is a pretty substantial gap between the TB and Roc.

I've found that statement only to be true for champ and star teebirds. DX teebirds fill that void very nicely.

But hey, more Ti pics? Any news on what models might be coming in the next run?

CatPredator said:
Teebirds and Eagles work at a pretty wide range of speeds.

JHern said:
The Teebird (or Eagle) is another story entirely, I can't use it for shots under 330' or so, it is simply a very long very fast-flying driver

Try throwing with hyzer? Teebirds are hard to range on flat shots, but beefy Eagles are easier. I agree there is a pretty substantial gap between the TB and Roc.

Yeah, I think TB-Eagle-Banshee probably covers a lot of slots, and the Eagle is an extremely versatile disc.

Ah, too many great discs, too little time or space in the bag!

I visited the factory today to pick up some Ti's. Evidently the Buzzzes and Stalkers are set to be released this Friday. I tested a max weight Buzzz in silver and found it to be overstable and superb.

Last night I tested the Ti Nukes, Forces and Stalkers which my sponsor was kind enough to send me. The most notable difference from Z plastic is that the Nukes are very overstable. Not nearly as overstable as an OS but more overstable than Z Nukes, which I view as excellent.

Booter said:
if theyre not as stable or not more stable than heavy glo buzzzs,ill pass

True. I'll probably still get 1 because I'm an addict, but I'm really hoping for them to be nice and stable.

Every glo buzzz I have tried hasn't flew any differently than any regular z buzzz I have thrown. Am I just getting weird ones or am I missing something? My beefiest buzzz has a little shoulder on it.

I have two Glo Z Buzzzes that are more OS than the good Zs that are more OS than the worse more domey ones. I'll at least fondle a Ti Buzzz and Stalker for grip tackyness. If the flight is that of a Z and there is a better grip and good enough durability i'm happy to buy.

GGGT has them listed at $17.95. If that is going to be the going rate, I will stick with my z's since I can replace one of those for $12.95.

Mark Ellis said:
Last night I tested the Ti Nukes, Forces and Stalkers which my sponsor was kind enough to send me. The most notable difference from Z plastic is that the Nukes are very overstable. Not nearly as overstable as an OS but more overstable than Z Nukes, which I view as excellent.

Do the Nukes still have good glide though?

Timko said:
Mark Ellis said:

Do the Nukes still have good glide though?

Yes. It is still a Nuke. It is just a Nuke a notch up in stability. So it will fight wind better and handle the power of the big arm throwers better.

The general rule remains the same: Starting from a disc which is purely stable (flies flat and straight when thrown flat and straight) the more overstable a disc is relative to the strength of the thrower, the less glide it will have, no matter what the disc is. A more overstable disc is more predictable at the expense of potential distance. The rule breaks down when a disc gets too flippy to control, then greater understability only gives you a paper plate.

Mark Ellis said:
The general rule remains the same: Starting from a disc which is purely stable (flies flat and straight when thrown flat and straight) the more overstable a disc is relative to the strength of the thrower, the less glide it will have, no matter what the disc is.

Well said. There is a good physical reason for this, which is that a disc which flies dead straight is being lifted by the air right through its center, so all that lift power goes into lifting the disc up and maintaining altitude. A disc that is over-stable is lifted off-center toward the nose, and that lift power is partitioned between actually lifting the disc and torquing it (lifting the nose relative to the tail), so the ability to maintain altitude must decrease. The same is true for an under-stable disc, however, these can be thrown so that the disc turns over higher in the air, and when it slows down enough to fly straight it has more initial altitude than the thrower (so it is like throwing downhill).

TLapham said:
Booter said:
if theyre not as stable or not more stable than heavy glo buzzzs,ill pass
True. I'll probably still get 1 because I'm an addict, but I'm really hoping for them to be nice and stable.

The Z Buzzzes with the flattest tops are the most stable (at least for me). I've found that the Glo Z Buzzz can actually be a tad over-stable. I'm betting that the Ti-Buzzz is going to be very stable, so probably more like the Z Buzzz than the Glo Z Buzzz. I'm also hearing very similar rumors through the grapevine. That is why I absolutely MUST get my hands on one. 8) Although my disc budget is highly depleted this month. :cry:

I heard that the ti force is less stable than the z force but that is only what I heard. Anyone here throw them yet to confirm?

donnyv said:
I heard that the ti force is less stable than the z force but that is only what I heard. Anyone here throw them yet to confirm?

Doss was saying the opposite...that the Ti Force is straighter than the Z Force (he uses the Force a great deal).

I think the more interesting question about Ti plastic is how it breaks in with time and use. Unfortunately, we'll be waiting a while for a robust answer....and of course, the longer we wait, the more we'll know.

I had a chance to check out the Ti Force and Buzzz this past weekend. The Force was definitely less stable than a normal Z or ESP. But, the nose seems a touch sharper in shape than a normal Z or ESP. Seemed very fast. The Buzzz, seemeed to be similar to a good stable glo z or 2nd FR. Pretty stable for a buzzz.

Frank Delicious said:
isn't less stable = more straighter or do you mean something else?
In JHern talk (i.e. scientific) straight would mean neutral would mean as stable as it gets.

jubuttib said:
Frank Delicious said:
isn't less stable = more straighter or do you mean something else?
In JHern talk (i.e. scientific) straight would mean neutral would mean as stable as it gets.

Um, I think stablest=straightest is universally accepted. Think about the word "stable" for a second.