• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Tracker... least popular disc ever?

Our Hastings rack has no place for: Spectra, Pulse, APX, Putt'r, Rattler, Ringer and Zone. Might not have Express and Impact either-can't remember.

No Zones? Well, that's unfortunate.

as stated earlier the players cup and first runs very very stable and workable think longer stalker the the production run came out more stable. this hurt there popularity right a way and when competeing against 2 of the most popular disc ever in the teebird and eagle this was strike 2 the final strike is the most of the pros like beat preds over the tracker. personal i love the tracker pairs great with xs's. flat is the key to a great tracker no matter what the plastic.

So Marshall Street says the Ledgestone Tracker is a 3 plus rated disc. They say, "Holy cow. Like a Flick combined with another Flick to make a super Flick". Would this be one of the most overstable discs ever?

Ridiculously over stable. Straight to the left on hard hyzer and because it is FLX plastic it stuck no skip. Beefcake city.

So Marshall Street says the Ledgestone Tracker is a 3 plus rated disc. They say, "Holy cow. Like a Flick combined with another Flick to make a super Flick". Would this be one of the most overstable discs ever?

I wrote that description on our site actually. I did a double take when I saw the 3+ on the disc, I didn't believe it when I opened up the box.

By rating alone I would say it's one of the most overstable discs I've seen come in the shop. I haven't seen anyone use it in person yet, but just holding it I know that thing is very stable!

Yesterday I went to my local shop that carries Discraft, DGA, and Innova. Most of the Discraft stuff was out of stock as they had not received their spring order yet. The Tracker row, however, was full. Every single slot was taken, about 10 to 12 discs in total.

I started picking through the selection and noticed that they were all completely covered in dust, like they hadn't been touched in years. I also noticed that they were all either ESP or Elite-X plastic. ESP has been OOP since 2010, and Elite-X has been OOP since 2007.

So, basically, no one had bought, or apparently even touched, any of the Trackers in 3+ years. Why on earth is this?

It may not be that the Tracker is an unpopular disc. As you said, those particular discs are of old plastic, and they've been sitting there. Others thinking of buying one might see the dust and say what you're saying "Oh, these must be unpopular." And so it becomes a repeating cycle.

P.S. since they don't make those plastics anymore, go pick up two more of those discs, and try to negotiate for a better price... chances are they'll work with you if those discs haven't been moving and they want that inventory cleared.

I had a Flat Z Tracker that might have well been a Firebird...crazy OS compared to ESP runs with more dome. I retired Trackers since then, as I like to have production discs of my current bag available to me if I should lose any. Didn't like/use the Z Tracker as it overlapped way too much with my FB, but those ESP's were money. Too bad they're OOP, i'd still be throwing them instead of switching to Rivals.

The production runs came our too overstable, like a slightly slower pred. It has a 1.8cm wing.

Last edited:
Question on the Tracker - specifically the 1.5ish model, not the crazy OS flat ones.

Are they OOP? Are they still on any order forms for retailers? DC.com seems to be the only place to find near max wt Z trackers in stock.

I ask because I have always been enamored with the flat lower wing combined with a stable flight at that speed. Seems like the Undie and Vulture have all but replaced some of these old school DC fairways.

Slightly off topic, but this thread is about the (lack of) popularity of the Tracker. I've never thrown one. I'd have to nominate another extremely unpopular disc: the Pulse. It never garnered any attention and no one seemed to throw them.

Sad thing is, I found the Pulse to actually be a decent performer.

If I ever run across a Tracker I'll give it a whirl just to see what its about.

Slightly off topic, but this thread is about the (lack of) popularity of the Tracker. I've never thrown one. I'd have to nominate another extremely unpopular disc: the Pulse. It never garnered any attention and no one seemed to throw them.

Sad thing is, I found the Pulse to actually be a decent performer.

Yeah the Stalker is OOP and that was a good seller so why are some more unpopular discs like a Putt'r still being made? I wounder why that is? I always thought the Xpress would end up OOP due to the odd rim, had a oop plastic X the -1.1 in my bag for a long time due to it being a left only disc until the more comfortable rim Archer replaced the uncomfortable rim X Xpress for most left shots and for rollers

Last edited:
I threw them a lot a few years ago. There seems to be at least two different versions. The regular and more common ones are faster T-Birds in a way. The less common and they usually have a special stamp are a slower Firebird. I still have one of those in storage. Basically useless for how I play.

I used to love the x with the sparkles, I thought they were a better t bird.
Semi related..almost all of the drivers I used to use are oop and it makes me a little sad. Tracker, flash, xs, avenger, crush

Latest posts