• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft version of XD?

As the title suggests I am wondering what you think is the Discraft equivalent to Innova's XD?
Thanks.

I'm not sure you're gonna find one. I assume that's why it's been around for somethin like 25 years.

Don't laugh, but I find a worn in Classic Roc fairly similar. Other than that, I would say the Aero, Anode, Dart, or Spike would be fairly similar but not really the same..

My XD's are quite a bit flatter than any Classic Roc I've thrown. But the low rim profile is similar. Never thrown a Spike or Anode, but the Aero and Dart was like throwin a salad bowl... especially compared to an XD.

I'm not sure you're gonna find one. I assume that's why it's been around for somethin like 25 years.

My XD's are quite a bit flatter than any Classic Roc I've thrown. But the low rim profile is similar. Never thrown a Spike or Anode, but the Aero and Dart was like throwin a salad bowl... especially compared to an XD.

True, The anode will be similar to the aero and dart. I wasn't sure if you wanted the similar flights or the similar feel.

I think your SOL if you want another option of a disc like the XD

Why do you want other options? If you love the XD just throw it. It's not like they are OOP or anything. I've never really understood why people want to find an alternative to a disc they already throw. If you throw the XD well, why would you want to swap?

Why do you want other options? If you love the XD just throw it. It's not like they are OOP or anything. I've never really understood why people want to find an alternative to a disc they already throw. If you throw the XD well, why would you want to swap?

Well, two good reasons are that Innova can't seem to control quality very well, and the latest few runs of dx plastic suck hard. The new ones fly ok, but they've got dome and it changes them a bit. For me, it was mostly about plastic quality. You can get glo champ XDs but they're not as neutral and have little glide.

Overall, the Spike is the best replacement if you can handle the deeper profile.

Well, two good reasons are that Innova can't seem to control quality very well, and the latest few runs of dx plastic suck hard. The new ones fly ok, but they've got dome and it changes them a bit. For me, it was mostly about plastic quality. You can get glo champ XDs but they're not as neutral and have little glide.

Overall, the Spike is the best replacement if you can handle the deeper profile.

I'm gonna stop short of calling it a problem with "quality control" and say that every disc and run has it's own individual characteristics, both in feel and flight. This is why I carry several of the same mold.

the rim really isn't much deeper on the spike. i don't know that i've held a disc that feels more similar to an XD, other than the classic roc

Innova's Wedge is the only disc that is so similar to the flight and feel of an XD that I have found. Been throwing XDs for years too. It only took a few throws of a friends Wedge to be sold. It actually bumped out my XD out of my bag pretty quick and have not looked back. It has a little bit more glide and is a hair faster than the XD.

If you don't like the latest run of XDs it's easy to find earlier runs for the same price. Even the old runs of XDs don't sell for a high price because they have never been OOP.

If you love the XD take the time, like you are with this thread, and find a few to buy. I'd help but I've sold all the throwing XDs I'm going to sell.

I'm surprised no one has said this, but a Breeze feels most like an XD, both in feel and flight.
As some will point out, they are OOP and getting more expensive to acquire, but...
In my experience, the Breeze will keep it's LSS (Z plastic), while the XD's LSS will decrease as it gets beat in.

I've been using the Breeze and just bought a gummy Champ XD.
Looking forward to checking out that Champ XD.

There is nothing like an XD. They ran some in the late 90's with the bullet stamp that are the best feeling plastic I have ever thrown. Feels like a mix of Pro and DX. I have three and I am always looking for more. Most of the time you can get them for under $20 but finding the right run is the hard part.

I LOVE XD's...

I have been throwing Spikes a bit because it is the most similar disc you are going to get in feel and flight. They are a bit more stable but not much.

Last edited:
a ringer does not fly like an XD not unless it is really really really beat in. The plastic the ringers come in doesn't feel too great. I am lucky that I have 3 or 4 proto ringers because that plastic is grippy and a little flexible. I have a non-proto ringer and the plastic is very stiff and slick/waxy.

The majority rules. :)
There are no other options.

this

nothing is an XD. don't bother looking for an equivalent, you won't find one.

the rim really isn't much deeper on the spike. i don't know that i've held a disc that feels more similar to an XD, other than the classic roc

There is nothing like an XD. They ran some in the late 90's with the bullet stamp that are the best feeling plastic I have ever thrown. Feels like a mix of Pro and DX. I have three and I am always looking for more. Most of the time you can get them for under $20 but finding the right run is the hard part.

I LOVE XD's...

I have been throwing Spikes a bit because it is the most similar disc you are going to get in feel and flight. They are a bit more stable but not much.

Are you guys still trying to figure out that there is no Discraft equivalent to the XD?

Are you guys still trying to figure out that there is no Discraft equivalent to the XD?

I really wanted last years ace race disc to be the one, sadly it was not even close. This is a hole in Discrafts line-up that should be filled IMO.

I really wanted last years ace race disc to be the one, sadly it was not even close. This is a hole in Discrafts line-up that should be filled IMO.
Eh, I don't care so long as Innova keeps making XD's. :p

Latest posts