• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs that fade to the left for a LHBH?

Johnny Depth

Double Eagle Member
Are there any discs that will do this? Or do I always have to throw a hyzer shot?

The disc that changed everything for me was the Roadrunner. It will turn left and hold that line if thrown on an anny line. There's also the Sidewinder, Leopard, Discmania TD, Avenger SS, Vision, Mamba and River. Those all can fade left for me to certain degrees, but I really love being able to power into an anny line and for me, a max weight Star RR is just plain reliable and most used out my under stable discs.

A lightweight DX leopard will do the job even if you have a noodle arm. I have to power down to about 25% for that thing not to turn on me.

It's a great disc.

the RR is a good choice and the others listed by AceRace

I would also add the L64 Vision
edit: I know you state LHBH but a LHFH will also accomplish a left "fade"

the RR is a good choice and the others listed by AceRace

I would also add the L64 Vision
edit: I know you state LHBH but a LHFH will also accomplish a left "fade"

I thought it would fade right just like a LHBH because the disc is still spinning the same way

RHBH with say a TB will fade to the left
RHBH with a TB will fade to the right

reverse for a lefty

LHBH with a TB will fade right
LHFH with a TB will fade left

above statement applies unless silly amounts of OAT are applied and the disc is torqued over

Quick nitpicking: What you're actually looking for are discs that "turn" left during the high-speed portion of the flight. "Fade" is what happens when the disc slows down. For LHBH players, all discs will tend to fade to the right.

Go with a sidewinder or roadrunner and get a lighter weight. If you don't have a sidearm shot, a turnover is essential to your game. Keep working at it and focus on your disc angle before you release.

I'd also recommend learning a sidearm for 200ft and in approach shots. . .

ANY disc that is thrown faster than its designed speed will turn over and g left for a lefty or right for a righty.

So any disc will turn over, but you have to get it past the "cruising" speed first. Some discs are intentionally designed to have a slower cruising speed and these are called roller discs or turnover discs or understable discs.
RR, Stratus, Vision, Leopard, Fuse, Wedge, Summit. Any of these will work (not an exhaustive list), and they are designed to turn over at the right speed.

Listen to me... If you want a Midrange that will go left, get a MVP Axis, if you want a Fairway Driver that will go left, get a Gold Line River, if you want a Distance Driver that will go left get a Westside Sword

I have thrown many discs and i find these to be the BEST under stable choices of all FOR ME.

Im a RHBH by the way, so these discs will go right for me.

I'm sorry, I had it wrong. I throw a LHBH and a RHFH. I'm weird I know. So they both fade to the right :/

Yeah, it's because I throw a regular frisbee left handed, but a football/baseball right handed. I guess i'll just start practicing throwing forehand shots with my left hand. Lol it's going to be ugly for a while.

Latest posts