• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Discs you came back around on?

Went from Buzzz to rocs and back to the Buzzz. Only real reason was that the Buzzz seems to feel better in my hand.

I started with a teebird and hated it. Now I love them, granted I started side arm and now do it back hand.

I remember kicking the Eagle out and bringing it back in. I lost it and decided not to replace it.

Was just posting about my Squall, that I found unmarked in the woods, and continually have tried to kick out of bag. Occasionally I throw is too hard/poorly and it flips right over to the right. But when I throw it well, it keeps performing so well, and gets me birdies and saving upshots, that I've come back to it again and again. So it stays now until it finds Disc nirvana again - lost in the woods.

Im starting to come back around to my Teebird as well.

For my bag at the moment (in order of importance):

JLS, Drone, Cobra, OLF, Banshee

You'll constantly repeat the process, I'm assuming even through a sponsorship.

Comet.

Would cut roll too often, wanted something easier to control so I tried the glide, meteor, super-beat-in-roc but none can really hold that amazing anny line like the comet. Such easy distance with it as well, I have gone back and forth on the comet but it will never leave my bag now.

One by one i took out PDs for Teebirds (was going back to teebirds), then Wizards for Ions and Anodes, then Rocs for a big mess of chaos (could never settle with anything), then all in one snap put them back in. I feel much better now, but still get wanderlust from time to time.

This summer I have been throwing my Leo that I got when I started out though I never threw it. Very reliable.

I also sold a pd a year ago that I threw I couple times. I loved it then... And still sold it... I'm crazy. Hahaha

Bought a new pro leopard a couple days ago, used it on my local course, some of my best drives with it. Never should've gotten rid of them!! :wall:

MVP Amp, I used to throw rivers then I picked up a first run amp and hated it.. Bought a new run of the Amp and played around with it for a while along side my river. Eventually dropped the amp from my bag because I never threw it, always used my river instead. But then I decided to give the amp an honest try for a couple weeks and dropped the river from the bag for a while, well.. its been in the bag ever since. See ya river, you served me well but nothing beats the accuracy and control on turnovers that I get with the amp.

The new amp is a completely different animal from my first run, way better :)

Last edited:
For me it's eagles. I like my rivals but they haven't been able to cover the beefier champ eagle X position or the beat DX position. They cover a lot of the middle, but the eagle are irreplaceable.

I've been having an Eagle vs PD battle. PD can hit a lower line, Eagles can cover the same distance with enough height. Both I've come back around on.

I'm currently sticking with the PD. I threw Avengers and Eagles for a bit, but it seems that the PD fits me well. I find the PD is the best of an Eagle and Tbird.

the fuse. two circles, actually.

had two; gave one to my buddy because i said it was too flippy.

bought an opto and liked it a bit more, but it was still drifting too far to the right for me..

stayed away for a bit. bought a beautiful white 178 GL and . . . i wonder if this was how it was supposed to fly the whole time? i actually have to throw it level to turn it right. i can bomb this sucker on a hyzer; it's amazing.

i did the same thing with the core, but now i realize i'm never going to like those flippy POS's.

came back to the pure after an affair with the summit.

Mercy.

I lost my Summit, and was going to try an Anode, so I just tossed my old Mercy back in the bag til I got around to buying one. And now I can't figure out why I stopped using it.

Although I'm still waiting for it in other plastics.

I've been having an Eagle vs PD battle. PD can hit a lower line, Eagles can cover the same distance with enough height. Both I've come back around on.

I'm currently sticking with the PD. I threw Avengers and Eagles for a bit, but it seems that the PD fits me well. I find the PD is the best of an Eagle and Tbird.

I have the eagles and PD's coexisting. One thing that I love the PD for is a low ceiling powered down shot that the PD does so well. It always fades forward instead of dumping out, and that makes it great for certain low, controlled skipping shots. Whatever the case, not like you could really go wrong with any of the above mentioned discs.

Discs that I have dumped but always seem to go back to often

Predator
Wizard
Buzzz
River

I have tried rocs but the buzzz doesnt have the bead rocs do, like it better. River glides alot farther than a leopard. Wizard is mainly because they beatin and dont fly the same as new after a year. Predator is so stable and versitile.

Discs that I am dumb and go back to and realize why I drifted them to begin with and need to stop reading forums

Teebird
Destroyer
Leopard

Teebird=overrated, many discs with the same action or better like EAGLES
Destroyer=A bit stable and fast for my arm speed new
Leopard=Have to force the action I want, with the river its more natural

I've taken Rocs in and out of my bag 3 or 4 times now. I still think about buying a few KC Rocs anytime I see one in someone's bag.

Also I dropped the Ion for Anodes as my putter for a year...back to Ions. Anodes make better putters but Ions feel a little better in my hand.

Put the Meteor back in my bag after an extended absence. It'll be going up against an M4 at some point, but right now it's the trusty hyzer-flip/huge turnovers machine that I remembered and still love :)