• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Discs you used to bag and love, but then you switched and found a new love ;)

Two changes this past year come to mind.

1. Banger GT to the PA4. I made this change because the PA4 has a lower profile and is produced in a much better putting plastic. Pro-D plastic is terrible and dings up to a ridiculous state. I haven't fully decided between 300 and 350g to putt with but they are both much better than Pro-D. I never thought I could get away from the groove top but after using the PA4 the Banger seems goofy to hold. The PA4 also is a little bit faster and less stable making it easier for me to putt on a smooth hyzer line.

2. Wasp to a Resistor. This was a no brainer. I was very accurate with the Wasp for a couple years and had become a 'Go-To' disc. I wanted something a little bit faster that didn't have a bead, a lower profile and a little more OS. The Resistor fit all these requirements and has become a total workhorse in my bag. One of the best changes I've ever made.

I have a pretty huge collection of Eagles but I am almost ashamed to say I am throwing FD's in that slot. I still love all my Eagles but find that I don't really need that hard(er) fade in my main fairway. When I need that I can throw a Banshee or the like.

Two recent ones come to mind. Champ Eagle replaced my Proton Clash. They're similar in flight but I find that the Eagle is more consistent for me, probably because the rim feels just like a Teebird (my favorite rim feel EVER).

Also, I used to love my Stalker, but then I lost it to a creek. I was really sad at first, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I started throwing a hardly used Zombee in the same slot and found it to be much more controllable/easy to net the distance I want. Basically, I don't have to throw it as hard as I threw my Stalker, but it just glides right to the point I want it to go. Sweet disc!

I really loved OLFs for a long time, until I tried the PD.

Some molds I swapped out for others that I loved for a while, but until eventually I went back to the original:

Valk -> Pro Stafire/SL -> Assassin -> OLS -> Valk

Teebird -> Gazelle -> Cyclone -> Teebird

There was a time when GL Rivers were my JAM :D and I never thought I would ever replace them. I bagged at last three at a time in different weights, and several other weights that would rotate in and out.

Well today there is a lone GL River in my bag, my most understable, light one that is used for right turning shots off the tee.

I got better, got a little more power, and started throwing further and needed more stability in my life.

My drivers now consist of mostly fairways ( Rival, Tee-bird, FD ) with a Striker ( speed 9 Control driver ) and an Avenger ( my only "distance" driver ) thrown in the mix as well.

OMG...where to start....I dropped almost everything in my old bag and went to Legacy.

Aviars--->Clutch (2x)/Prowler(1x)
Z Zone------>NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE ZONE
Rocs----> Ghosts
Ontario Rocs---->Gauges
Champ Stingray-----> NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE STINGRAY
Banshee-------> S/A
Teebird----->Rival
Sidewinders----->Nemesis
Valks------>NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE VALK
Added the Outlaw (3x) and they all do different things (flippy, wind fighter, and overstable bomber)
Bolt----->NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE BOLT (super flippy hyzerflip bomber and roller)

Also, I used to love my Stalker, but then I lost it to a creek. I was really sad at first, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I started throwing a hardly used Zombee in the same slot and found it to be much more controllable/easy to net the distance I want. Basically, I don't have to throw it as hard as I threw my Stalker, but it just glides right to the point I want it to go. Sweet disc!

Zombee's are a GREAT mold! Not the greatest flight, (bit short for a fairway, IMO) but amazing feel in the hand. I find them a bit more overstable and slower than I like compared to my TI Stalkers for that slot, but my Discraft backup bag (read "I need a change") holds 2 Zombees for that perfect mold feel. The feel of the disc is enough for me to compensate for lack of stability. Great glide, easily parked where you aim, and it can take some power and not flip over. I'm more used to Discraft not accepting much power for their U.S. discs. (Avenger SS is a roller, Wildcat is a roller, Spectra holds an Anny line to the ground, and Stratus flips) Zombee is a great mold!''

And all this is from a guy who used to exclusively carry Discraft...

Zombie for the greatest A.R. disc they've released.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Zombee's are a GREAT mold! Not the greatest flight, (bit short for a fairway, IMO) but amazing feel in the hand. I find them a bit more overstable and slower than I like compared to my TI Stalkers for that slot, but my Discraft backup bag (read "I need a change") holds 2 Zombees for that perfect mold feel. The feel of the disc is enough for me to compensate for lack of stability. Great glide, easily parked where you aim, and it can take some power and not flip over. I'm more used to Discraft not accepting much power for their U.S. discs. (Avenger SS is a roller, Wildcat is a roller, Spectra holds an Anny line to the ground, and Stratus flips) Zombee is a great mold!''

And all this is from a guy who used to exclusively carry Discraft...

Zombie for the greatest A.R. disc they've released.

Cheers.

I getcha there, it doesn't fly as fast or as far as my old Stalker did (mine was a glow Z), but I was SO willing to not care when I realized how easy to throw and controllable it was compared to my Stalker. It seems like, for me, I'm able to get much better results out of stable to slightly US discs when they are slower. Had a Polaris LS find the drink, Stalker found the drink, now had the Zombee for quite a long while and has been a model of consistency for me! :thmbup:

KC Aviars to Challengers .. Been using them for years now and they are the Only putters for me.

Hurricanes travel really far, but Nukes bomb.

The XL indeed glides extra long, but the Mantis quickly became my go-to in the woods.

Wasps fly well, but the BuzzzOS has the same sting and feels even better.

Meteors are money in the woods, but the Comets slow flight hit me surprisingly hard.

Challengers putt pure, but when it's time to hit metal I gravitate towards a Magnet.

I love all of the discs I used to bag, until I rediscovered that Discraft are the best! I bagged too many discs from every single brand but the ones I remember most fondly are the Destroyer, King, Havoc, FB, PD, TB, Patriots, KC Roc, Mako, P2, Wiz, and Pure. Funny that it's the popularity of Innova around my area that shines through in my memory. I don't miss any of them lol!

Primary driver was the Valkyrie for a long time. The Viking replaced it, but I waxs never 100% satisfied. Finally the OLF settled in as my go to driver. It's been in place for over four years now.

The Roc was my first go go mid. Once I tried the Buzzz, though, the Roc got moved to the bench.

FL was my first meathook driver option. It got replaced by the Predator.

And I originally putted with DX Aviar P & As, but the JK Aviar took that spotuears ago.

My bags been pretty "stable" for a while now, with mainly the additon of a max distance Tern.

Wait.........what?????

The Banshee is a good disc but I can get so much more out of the buzzz. The Banshee makes a rare appearance here and there but if I need it I'll usually go up a bit and throw the leopard instead which covers a huge arc above the buzzz.

I'm a weird player, I'm not that big on champion plastic, too slick for my taste. I really like star and even ecostar for its grip and durability. If they made the banshee is star plastic I'd take another look at her but until then an ecostart leopard and a z-line buzzz fill the majority of my needs.

The longtime Buzzz got bumped for the Roc3. Powers down and shapes lines much better.

The Teebird is a great disc, glides great and has a small predictable fade. But I was having a hard time getting ones I liked, many molded up too stable or too domey.

I found the VIP Stag and it's a perfect TB every time so far.

I also tried almost everything in the approach slot and nothing stuck until I tried the Harp.

Banshee, Predator and Vein all held the OS control driver slot, and I like all three but nothing does better than a good old champ Firebird. I now own 5 Champ and a G*, have had 7 FBs and they were all great.

Agreed I started with a destroyer and replaced it with a boss I absolutely loved and played it for a year then went back to the destroyer. With my arm I can get way more out of the destroyer then the boss I underplay.

I also loved the banshee for a mid range and played it like crazy till I finally broke down and joined the buzzz craze. Now I'm huge on the buzzz and the Banshee is gathering dust in the trunk.
Wait.........what?????

The Banshee is a good disc but I can get so much more out of the buzzz. The Banshee makes a rare appearance here and there but if I need it I'll usually go up a bit and throw the leopard instead which covers a huge arc above the buzzz.

I'm a weird player, I'm not that big on champion plastic, too slick for my taste. I really like star and even ecostar for its grip and durability. If they made the banshee is star plastic I'd take another look at her but until then an ecostart leopard and a z-line buzzz fill the majority of my needs.
*BnM tries to compare flight of a bansheee to a buzz and then to a leopard... head explodes*

The Teebird is a great disc, glides great and has a small predictable fade. But I was having a hard time getting ones I liked, many molded up too stable or too domey.

I found the VIP Stag and it's a perfect TB every time so far.

To each his own and all but.. this made me cringe a little :eek: