• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distance Goals for 2014

I'd like to bring my terrible BH up to the level of my 380-400 foot FH. Need a heck of a lot better form if I'm going to achieve that goal.

I'd also like to extend my putting range. That's probably the worst part of my game.

Last year I was consistently 280 ish, with a few drives at 320. This year already I'm much better with 300 happening consistently, with a 350 in the mix. My goal is 400 with 350 to be the accurate norm. However I'm working diligently on fairway and longer mid approach shots at 200 for accuracy as part of that evolution.

Relaxation is key, I find.

distance doesn't matter, learn to putt, learn to hit fairways, learn to... etc. before thinking about distance!

Well, maybe I'd like to get past 250 feet with some consistency and accuracy.

Anything past the first tree on the fairway. :p I'm a noodle armed geezer who has been playing for less than a year so I would be happy to consistently break 250' in 2014.

Last edited:
distance doesn't matter, learn to putt, learn to hit fairways, learn to... etc. before thinking about distance!

Well, maybe I'd like to get past 250 feet with some consistency and accuracy.

I disagree. Increasing one's range not only allows for more birdie opportunities, but it also allows one to reach holes using a slower, more accurate disc (using a putter on a 300' hole instead of a driver, for instance).

Granted, accuracy and putting tend to shave more points off of one's score than distance, but to say distance doesn't matter is just wrong. Also, there's no reason one can't practice both.

Currently:
300 golf lines FH
350 max D FH

350 golf lines BH
400 max D BH

2014 Goals:
FH - don't care to increase distance honestly, just consistency.
BH - 375 on golf lines and 425 max D would be a realistic improvement.

Current: 400 Golf Lines, 500+ Max Distance occasional shots approaching 600

Goals: More consistent golf lines around 450.

I disagree. Increasing one's range not only allows for more birdie opportunities, but it also allows one to reach holes using a slower, more accurate disc (using a putter on a 300' hole instead of a driver, for instance).

Granted, accuracy and putting tend to shave more points off of one's score than distance, but to say distance doesn't matter is just wrong. Also, there's no reason one can't practice both.

Sorry, I copied and pasted part of the original post as a joke.

Currently:
Backhand- 250-275' accurately on golf lines, Max:~325
Forehand- 225-250' accurately on golf lines, Max:~275

Goal:
Backhand- 300' accurately and consistently
Forehand- 275-300' accurately and consistenly

I am not that concerned with max distance right now. I need to work on controlled distance and putting, I think that is what will best help my scoring right now. Once I am consistently deucing holes 350' and in, that's when I'll want to start stretching my distance to improve scoring.

Latest posts