• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Do you bag a Firebird?!

Do you bag a Firebird?

• Total voters

@iDiscGolf

* Ace Member *
DO YOU BAG A FIREBIRD?! (any plastic or run) no comparative models from other companies please.

I will admit, I Discguy42, am afraid of the Firebird :eek:. I have never tried to throw one, I owned a DX once and sold it unthrown.

I tried to throw a Star Starfire once, and that thing was a Meat Hook!

The most over-stable disc I have in my bag is a Z-Avenger and I use it mostly as a utility disc.

Last edited:
I have a Star Firebird (X-Out, actually). It's not in my core bag, but comes out on windy days and days I want to practice forehand shots.

Tried one for a while, don't have the arm or need for one. Prefer the Predator but I don't bag one of them either.

I'm happy with the Banshee

I bag a flat kc 12x champ super os and a mildier dome but still pretty beefy star. Star has a nice notch and still flys basically the same. I messed with a dx firebird for awhile, made me want to beat a more OS option so throwing mostly the star and champ on skips

Max weight Champions are my preference. Don't think they get enough attention for being an incredible FH approach option.

I have a slight domed 12x Firebird, but I do not bag it. I got it in a trade and it smells like cigarette smoke (can't seem to get rid if that smell). I have thrown it and it is beefy though. I bag another brands version, so the Firebird will sit in a box.

Nope. I bag a monster and an FD3. The FD3 is very close to a beat firebird. I've always wanted a beat firebird but never had the patients to work one in. I like the FD3 a lot for that

I bag overstable 3rd run C-PD's, all PD's have the firebird bottom, for firebird duties (its about 75% as overstable as a true overstable firebird) and can actually do a lot of firebird things (along with being a straight flier).

I used to bag firebirds but dropped them to minimize my molds (I'm down to 8 molds 16-17 discs total). I do understand why everyone should bag a firebird/Super OS short range driver though.

The one thing I can't get rid of is the super overstable midrange/putter slot so I bag a gator (it could be anything similar though like a zone/drone/ect).

I don't really miss the firebird now, I just put a little more hyzer on my overstable run C-PD.

I also just sidearm any disc too (putters, mids, understable drivers, ect) so I don't need a massively overstable disc for sidearms.

I bag a felon, but it is pretty understable for a felon right now. I might be looking to get an H1 which I hear is just crazy stable.

I like how the FD3 feels compared to a firebird. Feels better in my hand and can throw it for more shots than I could use the firebird for. I have had a star firebird, champion firebird, ce firebird, and a sexton firebird. The two I liked the best were the ce and sexton, but I still like the FD3 better. The s-line and c-line are both great.

Always. One Seasoned Champ, One FAF Champ. Sometimes a DX too

I bag 2. Flat and domed, 167g. The flat one is for rollers, severe flex shots, vertical spikes and thumbers. The domed one gets thrown for more normal backhand/forehand.

I really don't throw them all that much. I used the flat one twice today, over 30 holes. It gets windy this time of year, so I'm sure I'll be breaking them out more. Sounds like I might be replacing the domed one with an FD-3, should I ever lose it.

No, it's a little to much disc for me. I bag a 11x CAL tooled 175g Teebird in that slot.

I usually carry a flat glow, metal flake with a bit of dome, and a gstar. All get used for different purposes. For a while I'd carry a few pds and would have a c line or 2 for firebird duties but they just aren't the same in the wind. I tried the fd3 a bit too and just didn't click...I couldn't get it to skip like a firebird. I do like the fd2 though, I use it more as a powered down mid...very comfy forehand grip and overstable at low power. You really have to nut up on it to straighten it out with minimal fade.

I really want to pick up a couple of sexton firebirds, they sound right in my wheelhouse as far as how I like my firebirds.

I never thought I needed one, until I actually put one in my bag. I end up using it a lot more than I expected.

Latest posts