• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you own a practice basket?

Do you own a practice basket?

• Yes

Votes: 230 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
Mini course? Sounds interesting....

Maybe someday. I have my 2 home mades from my videos, an Innova and now this Dynamic one coming. So 4 temp holes around the house. Selling the rest, most are spoken for already.

I'm hoping to add a mini course to my course design resume soon... So much fun... I think it plays more like ball golf, closer to mostly pars and putting is tougher. But that's another thread. But that will make 4 mini practice targets

Maybe someday. I have my 2 home mades from my videos, an Innova and now this Dynamic one coming. So 4 temp holes around the house. Selling the rest, most are spoken for already.

I'm hoping to add a mini course to my course design resume soon... So much fun... I think it plays more like ball golf, closer to mostly pars and putting is tougher. But that's another thread. But that will make 4 mini practice targets

I'm looking for some mini baskets. If you are a guy or you know a guy hit me up. My dream is a disc golf wonderland with a store, mini course and real course. Plus a disc golf themed restaurant. Ahh... someday.

Galvanized, I'll have to think back to where I got them, but almost identical to the basket's chains

6 strands that are 25" each, with stainless S hooks on the inner ring. Would have been preferable to have this row be the "middle" row, instead of even deeper inside, but still softens the otherwise open pole gaps and deflects stuff coming through the side a bit.

Not bad for $255 (Amazon Prime delivered) + 6 extra chains for a full out park quality practice basket.

I bring it out to events and it's super nice having temp holes with real baskets.

The Mach Lite is probably the bottom as far as my preference in a temp for an event for me, but I have it and it's ultra portable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 12
6 strands that are 25" each, with stainless S hooks on the inner ring. Would have been preferable to have this row be the "middle" row, instead of even deeper inside, but still softens the otherwise open pole gaps and deflects stuff coming through the side a bit.

Not bad for $255 (Amazon Prime delivered) + 6 extra chains for a full out park quality practice basket.

I bring it out to events and it's super nice having temp holes with real baskets.

The Mach Lite is probably the bottom as far as my preference in a temp for an event for me, but I have it and it's ultra portable.

To get the new sets of chains out further, you could string some thick coated cable through the eyelets of the 6 inner chain holders, and clamp together the cable with a cable clamp. Then attach the new chains to the cable. The cable should not interfere with the existing inner chains attached to the eyelets. You could even add small ss clamps to the center of the cable spaces to attach the s hooks in order to keep them centered so they don't slide side to side. I did a mod to my practice basket to keep the inner chains centered and it makes it catch more consistently.

To get the new sets of chains out further, you could string some thick coated cable through the eyelets of the 6 inner chain holders, and clamp together the cable with a cable clamp. Then attach the new chains to the cable. The cable should not interfere with the existing inner chains attached to the eyelets. You could even add small ss clamps to the center of the cable spaces to attach the s hooks in order to keep them centered so they don't slide side to side. I did a mod to my practice basket to keep the inner chains centered and it makes it catch more consistently.

I debated making a V shape, looping a wire around the outer ring and inner ring, giving the chain a valley to sit in, also providing a sliding chain action like the outer chains do. I'm an engineer at heart :) but also lazy so the SS S hooks work great and I don't have to worry much about the type of metal wire I attach to the basket that could potentially rust early from galvanic corrosion

So after reason this thread many times and contemplating the many basket options, I've decided to make an in ground basket for my yard.

The lady and I decided that a full metal installation wouldn't go well with our yards aesthetic, so we are going to do a wooden one with an outdoor poly coat on it.

We make a lot of small furniture pieces and art in our wood shop in the garage, so I think it's within our skill.

I got the specs from my favorite parts of other baskets online and am going to use the my favorites among the adjustable details. While keeping it within regulations of course.

Thanks for the inspiration guys, I'll post pics if it turns out well.

I debated making a V shape, looping a wire around the outer ring and inner ring, giving the chain a valley to sit in, also providing a sliding chain action like the outer chains do. I'm an engineer at heart :) but also lazy so the SS S hooks work great and I don't have to worry much about the type of metal wire I attach to the basket that could potentially rust early from galvanic corrosion

I modded an ebay basket, it's essentially the Hive / MVP basket. They are short so I added 3" to the bottom pole and to the center pole. Also did a few other things you can see in the pics. It now is within PDGA specs, about the same specs as a Discatcher except for the 7" basket depth. 24 chains and it catches amazingly well, better than chainstar course baskets

Attachments

• 1727D569-5686-48A4-AFE6-8DE5872AD07C.jpg
    1727D569-5686-48A4-AFE6-8DE5872AD07C.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 14
  • E0BA666E-8303-4C97-8850-BAFF187BA5A2.jpg
    E0BA666E-8303-4C97-8850-BAFF187BA5A2.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 10
I modded an ebay basket, it's essentially the Hive / MVP basket. They are short so I added 3" to the bottom pole and to the center pole. Also did a few other things you can see in the pics. It now is within PDGA specs, about the same specs as a Discatcher except for the 7" basket depth. 24 chains and it catches amazingly well, better than chainstar course baskets

Ooo I like the tubing idea to center the S hooks on the bars. Even if they slide to the side on me they mostly fill the gap, but that's an easy addition

Ooo I like the tubing idea to center the S hooks on the bars. Even if they slide to the side on me they mostly fill the gap, but that's an easy addition

Yes it works great, I slit the tubing and notched out a section of each one so the chain can't jump up and get off center, it's held down and held in place side to side. I also used clear duct tape on each side to prevent the tubing from coming off since I cut the slit (the pic is before I added the clear duct tape, great stuff).

Latest posts