• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Does any one have McPro Roc3s and not asking stupid prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techn9cian4life

Double Eagle Member
Looking for max weight, or as close to it as possible. Not trying to pay $25-$30 like I'm seeing on the FB auctions right now when they'll be in regular production soon enough.

I doubt they will be in any retail store anytime soon, they will be back in the factory store though. They are just a kc roc with a mcpro stamp

Is this what you are asking about?

Used, or new? I have this new one and 6 I threw.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 113
Looking for max weight, or as close to it as possible. Not trying to pay $25-$30 like I'm seeing on the FB auctions right now when they'll be in regular production soon enough.

They won't be in regular production as they are tour series but there will be more run.

You're spot on here.

The Roc3 IS a different mold than the Rancho.

So no, it's not the same.

:popcorn::popcorn:
I've been unable to find any difference between the Roc3 and a Flat-Top Rancho Roc.

it's still a rancho roc top and all of the new 3 discs have the rancho roc top.

imo the roc3 is not a new mold just a new variation of the roc while the mako3 and shark3 are different from their non 3 counterparts.

Yeah I agree. If the Roc3 is a different mold, then Flat-Top Rocs are a different mold too.

From Dave Dunipace on the "Ask Dave D" thread on PDGA.com:
The new Champion Roc is a Roc. It just has a lower dome than any other Roc. I suppose it is somewhat like the Ching Rocs that the East Coast office does. Same size and weight, same rim, just lower profile flight plate. As far as flight, it is the same high speed, just not as overstable low speed, and it is a little faster as it is lower profile.
It's not by design. Molding and materials affects the ultimate rim and flight plate shape. I think the regular run of Roc3 actually feels a little concave when we are getting them just right.

Same here. The Roc3 was just a nice addition to my in the bag Rocs. I now carry a 175 Roc3, a 180 star/special blend (very over stable for a Roc) and a 175 flat top dx. Plus an original small diameter dx Roc from the late 1980s.
:popcorn::popcorn:

Not trying to argue with you aim for the chains but the quote from Dave dunipace is about the champion roc not a roc3? Am I wrong

It was from a roc3 thread whether it should be a "new mold" I would assume roc3 is what he's referring to being he commented there but just found it interesting.

Take a Kc pro Roc and a Pro / Mcpro Roc3 and put them side by side, there is a slight difference in the nose / shoulder and the Roc3 is slightly lower profile. Plus most of the Roc3's produced are flat

Dave can't say it's a new mold. If he did, he'd had to have had it approved. This way, it's a variation on a current mold and is allowed without a new approval process.

Dave can't say it's a new mold. If he did, he'd had to have had it approved. This way, it's a variation on a current mold and is allowed without a new approval process.

I have a hard time taking information as truth from the same person who said they did not put a Vulcan top on a Destroyer , and then several months later came out with a newly approved mold called the Teedevil.

I have a hard time taking information as truth from the same person who said they did not put a Vulcan top on a Destroyer , and then several months later came out with a newly approved mold called the Teedevil.

Also a fair point.

Either way, Roc3s are cool. They will make more. :)

Why can't he? There are three very distinctly different Roc molds that predate the Roc3. They are all approved under the one "Roc" name. Why not a fourth?

As long as the approval specs don't change, they don't need to be reapproved. It's why the plus molds didn't require approval even though they're very different than their non-plus counterparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts