• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone ever return discs?

Still waiting....

Found 2 in the water yesterday in Ga. called both left msg. One is the guys ace disc....I know I'd be calling back.

I've lost about 30 discs in 3 years with my name and number on them never had one phone call to get them back. I've returned about 40 to owners called the number or played league with the person and returned it to them. I'm waiting for one day that the disc golf karma will kick in.

I've lost about 30 discs in 3 years with my name and number on them never had one phone call to get them back. I've returned about 40 to owners called the number or played league with the person and returned it to them. I'm waiting for one day that the disc golf karma will kick in.

wow that is not a good ratio...i hope your results on getting your discs back turns around soon...

that sound slike my friend, although he quit calling people back after he had one stolen from 6' in the lake.

I have a pair of DX Eagles that replace my CE Eagle-X and 10xKC Eagle-L when on a couple water prone courses. Also, my Z-Drone sites on the sidelines while the D-Drone gets called up.

OK, I'm only curious. Did you not tell Midnight a week or so ago that getting a Lightning #2 Driver was not being positive on water holes?:confused:

OK, I'm only curious. Did you not tell Midnight a week or so ago that getting a Lightning #2 Driver was not being positive on water holes?:confused:
Similar, but different.

Personally, I'm switching out an Eagle for an Eagle (and Drone for Drone), just cheaper plastic. The stuff that can't be cheaply/easily replaced stays in the trunk of the car on those courses.

The cheap Eagles actually fly pretty similar to their more expensive counterparts. The D-Drone isn't as stable as the Z, but I also don't use it as much.

And none of those float. I don't want to lose them. I wouldn't like it if I lost them. I'm not expecting to lose them like I would with a floatie.

Plus the understable Dragons that many people throw on water holes fly like exaggerated paper plates... and they won't throw a Dragon unless they're on a water hole, which isn't often, so they're not that familiar with how that disc flies.

Always call if there's a number!

I've found a few with only a first name or nickname on them...those get stuffed in my bag or given to my son. I ALWAYS call, regardless of the area code, because the discs I've lost I would LOVE to have someone call. The ol' Golden Rule, ya know? I've had a few returned. I've had a few blatantly stolen when I wasn't paying attention...those are the worst kind of people (even a step under the arrogant jocks that are now flooding the sport and laugh at the beginners or taunt people, just like they probably do with all other sports at their school), and if you're one of them, please stop playing the sport altogether.

If you lose a really valuable disc, call the contact person for the course and announce a small reward (like $10, which was all I needed to put up to get one of my favorite midrange discs back), or post something on the info board. For some reason, people love cash rewards. Just make sure you make good on your promise.

If there's no phone number, but a PDGA number, you could do some research on the PDGA website and try to track them down, but really if you want a chance of getting your disc back, put as much identifying information as possible on there (just short of making yourself vulnerable to identity theft :D).

I think this sport is known for the overabundance of good and kind people involved, just cool folks who realize when something isn't truly theirs to keep. If this attitude continues to carry throughout the sport instead of going the opposite direction, perhaps in the future those of you who barely hear back from your lost discs will see a greater percentage returned to you.

Rev. Qlicious #36518

Somebody mentioned on a similar thread, a while back, to just put a girl's name on your disc. You'll get a callback.

Similar, but different.

Personally, I'm switching out an Eagle for an Eagle (and Drone for Drone), just cheaper plastic. The stuff that can't be cheaply/easily replaced stays in the trunk of the car on those courses.

The cheap Eagles actually fly pretty similar to their more expensive counterparts. The D-Drone isn't as stable as the Z, but I also don't use it as much.

And none of those float. I don't want to lose them. I wouldn't like it if I lost them. I'm not expecting to lose them like I would with a floatie.

Plus the understable Dragons that many people throw on water holes fly like exaggerated paper plates... and they won't throw a Dragon unless they're on a water hole, which isn't often, so they're not that familiar with how that disc flies.

OK. I got it!

OK. I got it!
Another point of clarification... I'm only throwing the replacements because they're flights are similar enough to the ones I normally use. Exactly the same, no. But hopefully close enough as to not cost me a stroke of difference. I don't think it has yet. If it were a big/important tournament I'd still consider leaving the usual stuff in my bag.

TeeRexes and Sidewinders are a different story. The DX versions are really inconsistent for me so the Star and Champ ones stay in my bag on the water courses, i.e. all the time. I've sunk a lot of Star TeeRexes...

In north carolina we have a 'found disc' mini.
you have to come a certain course and enter and play in the top percentage to get to claim your disc
i've never been to one since i haven't lost any discs YET! i like to keep an eye on where my discs land if they go astray! i don't know if everyone gets their discs back or not but by the way the fliers are worded it doesn't seem like they do :/

I feel like so many people are not calling now days. They have this mentality that since they found it, they claim it.

More people should call.

If you search these forums you find there are numerous threads on this topic already.

Amen! I seriously have seen these same threads - with the same responses - like 100 times. Noobs don't know to search for threads, so they keep starting new ones. Aaarg!

Can we create a new forum category for people new to the site where all the threads are about lost discs, marijuana on the course, stretching, Roc vs. Buzz, disc golf terms ("what is an anhyzer?").

I don't mind people new to the game looking for advice, but if you're looking, search the forums. And it drives me crazy that people are posting on several threads at that same time on the same topic (I think this happens a lot with the "marijuana on the course threads" - both pro and con). Look for the thread that's relevant to your topic, and post there.

Sorry, got a bit preachy tonight.

On all the other forums I've been active on the same issue pops up with new members not searching and reposting already hashed out topics. Adding a "newbie" section to the forum was the only way to control it on the other boards, short of only allowing moderators to post topics which nobody ever likes.

So, after losing three discs in five holes yesterday (blind shots while solo, my bad, I know), I just had a question. I'm still a relative beginner, so I still lose a decent amount of discs. Every disc I've ever lost had my name and my phone number, including area code, on it. My phone number has not changed since I started playing. I have never gotten a disc back that I lost.

Does anyone (aside from me) call people if they find a lost disc with a phone number? If not, why not?

If it's got a name and number, I call the number and leave a voicemail if they don't pick up. No number means I hold on to the disc until I see the person, or someone who sees the person on a regular basis. If there's no name and number, and someone says, "hey that's mine, I lost it on such and such hole in the water or trees," and that's where I found it, I give it back. If none of that happens, it's mine.

I've found and kept more discs than I've given back. Usually when I call a number, they say it's a water disc, and tell me to keep it anyway.

Can we create a new forum category for people new to the site where all the threads are about lost discs, marijuana on the course, stretching, Roc vs. Buzz, disc golf terms ("what is an anhyzer?").
That's like what I'm trying to get going in the More FAQs thread.

Just need people to start submitting the answers....

If it's got a name and number, I call the number and leave a voicemail if they don't pick up. No number means I hold on to the disc until I see the person, or someone who sees the person on a regular basis. If there's no name and number, and someone says, "hey that's mine, I lost it on such and such hole in the water or trees," and that's where I found it, I give it back. If none of that happens, it's mine.

Same here....Just got a call back from a guy in Ga. Iwas driving thru and played a Clayton park. GF thru her floater in the water she went to get it and found a guys ACE disc. We found 2 his and his buddy, Am sending them off in the today.