• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Does Anyone Use Millennium Discs?

Bump*

Just started to get back into the Orion's and going to be heading to a store this weekend. Whats the rundown on the new runs of these? The Sirius looks a lot cleaner with just the symbol on top and Millenium on the bottom. Hoe does a Quantum LS stack up to a Sirius LF?

Or the Millenium Standard? What flies like what?

It makes the nose blunter and adds a bunch of HSS to the flight. A Classic Cobra was an S curve discs, it would flip and come back. The blunter nose takes the early flip out of it.

We launched a new disc golf website a month ago and have received almost a thousand ratings and reviews from disc golfers all over the country. While some discs have dozens of ratings, very few Millennium discs have been rated. The Omega, Orian LF, Scorpius, and Quesar haven't been rated at all.

Are these discs just not very popular? Does anyone use Millennium Discs anymore?

Personally, I like Millennium discs I've played with. The Omega Super Soft is my putter. I also really like the way the Polaris and JLS feel and fly. The Astra was my backhand Distance driver before it got too flippy for me.

It looks like Millennium is attempting to advance. They've come up with new discs and have revamped their website in the last year, but is nobody using them? Have they gone the way of Lightning and been pushed to irrelevance as new innovative companies market better?

If you have played with these discs, and have a minute go to our website and rate the Millennium discs you've used.

Thanks!

I know players on here use the Scorpius, as it is a more consistent version of the Destroyer according to them. Nevermind I never looked to see how old the original post was.

Bump*

Just started to get back into the Orion's and going to be heading to a store this weekend. Whats the rundown on the new runs of these? The Sirius looks a lot cleaner with just the symbol on top and Millenium on the bottom. Hoe does a Quantum LS stack up to a Sirius LF?

Or the Millenium Standard? What flies like what?

The 1.4 SOLFs start out straight-to-fade. They develop turn relatively quickly, and have a ton of glide with their moderate dome.

The Current (1.3 I think) MOLFs are flatter and faster like the 1.1 QOF and SOF, but start more overstable than either of the first runs. They season super well. Honestly, probably the best cycling Orion of all time.

I dont throw LSs.

The Current (1.3 I think) MOLFs are flatter and faster like the 1.1 QOF and SOF, but start more overstable than either of the first runs. They season super well. Honestly, probably the best cycling Orion of all time.

100% Agreed. They are perfect for an OS bookend to some 1.1s, and once they beat in you have some disposable 1.1 type throwers. Right now I have 2 of the 1.1 SOF with a newer 1.3 MOLF as my most OS in the bag. I should get another handful of these 1.3s

So I stopped at the store - thankfully had a decent selection. I got:

-Sirius ORION LF 171g
-Quantum LF 173g

-Sirius ORION LS 175g
-Quantum LS 173g

As expected both the Quantum's were more OS than their Sirius counterparts. Off the Shelf I liked the flight of the Q-LS a LOT. It was turn resistant with power just enough so that you could rip a really really straight drive with a mild fade. Headwind it turned a little but smoothly - so that nice subtle S shape. Q-LS was the flight I was looking for :)
S-LS needed a little finesse --when I first ripped it the turn was a little more than I hoped. After getting used to it the hyzer-angle really made the difference- a little hyzer release and it flew very very straight on a buttery line. Not Overly flippy as long as you're not power bombing for max D - which these discs to me are for control drives so I shouldn't do that again unless needed (I was in a field and can't help but try to crush every shot haha- this driver would excel in wooded tunnels)

Sirius LF was sweet. I may need to get some more of these, it was true to the #'s right away. Long straight shot with a healthy fade the last 30% of flight. I can see these beating in to a nice sweet spot (as was my initial goal) - It would take some time to develop true turn, probably at least 100+ throws (perhaps into trees haha) But I will let it happen as nature intended....with me grip-locking.
Quantum LF was a surprise. I thankfully found one with no flashing and a nice feel. If flew just a bit more OS than the Sirius. Still gave a nice flight straight but very resistant to turn and had a healthy fade. Overall they flew as expected and I am happy with the discs. Orions are underrated for sure. I like em better than the Thunderbird and Vulture - but those are 2 very similar molds. I like oldschool designs that are stable/overstable but have a hint of turn to work with - ie: the Orc used to by my favorite driver. And eagle my favorite fairway.

So overall the Orion's are still awesome and the Plastics match nicely. I just wish they made more and had more of a selection as they are nice discs. Also needs less FLASHING on the bottoms - I luckily found some without it but most the others I checked had a sharp edge

Picked up an SOLF because of you guys. Threw it last night, but in the woods on a new course and never really saw the full flight. Plus, my backhand is ****ty right now.

I understand that the OLF is supposed to be the Eagle to a PD's Teebird in the turn and fade analogy. When my backhand is on, a beat SPD goes surprisingly far(and straight) for its rim width. So my question is, do you guys get as much distance with an OLF as a PD? I think I'm gonna like it for forehands better than a PD(also have more success forehanding an Eagle than a Teebird), but I'm just wondering if it could also take over the shots I like a PD for on backhand.

And since PD's have gotten so popular/expensive and the current runs are so overstable, I wouldn't hate being able to pick up a small stack of a substitute in the plastic Innova was running a few years ago. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:
Picked up an SOLF because of you guys. Threw it last night, but in the woods on a new course and never really saw the full flight. Plus, my backhand is ****ty right now.

I understand that the OLF is supposed to be the Eagle to a PD's Teebird in the turn and fade analogy. When my backhand is on, a beat SPD goes surprisingly far(and straight) for its rim width. So my question is, do you guys get as much distance with an OLF as a PD? I think I'm gonna like it for forehands better than a PD(also have more success forehanding an Eagle than a Teebird), but I'm just wondering if it could also take over the shots I like a PD for on backhand.

And since PD's have gotten so popular/expensive and the current runs are so overstable, I wouldn't hate being able to pick up a small stack of a substitute in the plastic Innova was running a few years ago. Any input is appreciated.

I think that's a great comparison - Teebird --> PD :::::::::: Eagle --> Orion LF :::::::::::::: EalgeL---> Orion LS

To answer the distance question....I think it depends on the thrower and the actual throw itself. I'm sure they are about the same but I would think a power thrower may get the PD further? Again, 5 throws with a PD 5 throws with an Orion are probably going to average out about the same just depends on which was a 'good throw' But that's just what I'm thinkin'

I was always able to outhrow my ppd with my 1.1 q and sirius olfs. Not by a lot, but consistently. The milky 1.1 qolfs and the 1.1 stamped as 1.2 were my favorite disc ever. Yoooge.

Newer ones would be a crapshoot.

Last edited:
I think that's a great comparison - Teebird --> PD :::::::::: Eagle --> Orion LF :::::::::::::: EalgeL---> Orion LS

Since you're a minor gyronaught, I find the OLS very similar to an Inertia. Both are run, dome plh dependent but I find the flight similar. Valkyrie-esque in my opinion.

if you can get ahold of old San marino tooled Sentinels, they are great mids. I bag a Old red QJLS that flys like a flippier thunderbird

Since you're a minor gyronaught, I find the OLS very similar to an Inertia. Both are run, dome plh dependent but I find the flight similar. Valkyrie-esque in my opinion.

Yep. I tried the inertia and liked it but they tend to be a little too US after just a little use. I needed something I can rely on a little more. I picked up an Orion LS in Q and S plastic and also grabbed a Lift in cosmic neutron 175g. Not gonna lie ---the feel alone beats the orion.....and the look....flight, they were similar ideas but different. LS was a more long turn long fade kinda stretched out S shape and the Lift had a nice turning point where it would get flat and a little over but then straight, then a sharper late fade. Overall VERY similar discs. I'm going to be working the LS and Lifts over the next 1-2 weeks and give some feedback...so far they both are really nice so I guess it may depend which I bag.

I was always able to outhrow my ppd with my 1.1 q and sirius olfs. Not by a lot, but consistently. The milky 1.1 qolfs and the 1.1 stamped as 1.2 were my favorite disc ever. Yoooge.

Newer ones would be a crapshoot.

Well, the point of my wondering would be to get a small stack of SPD replacements that are currently available. Not looking to run down hard-to-find or expensive discs. Also liked that the OLF seems better for me on forehand. Also don't hate that the standard Pro plastic ones are $11. Might just have to get some more and see for myself. That's what I usually end up doing when the curiosity big strikes me, anyway....

But thanks a bunch for the input. As someone who has thrown a decent amount of OLF shots, I'd be interested to see what you had to say about them in any other regard. How the different runs compare, how they compare to competitors, etc.

I always found my QOLFs to go a bit further than my S-PD's back when I threw them.

Quasars were my longest flying mold for years too. Great mold.

Latest posts