• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does this shot count or not? I have $100 riding

$$$$ :)

PDGA Rule 803.13.B. Disc Entrapment Devices: In order to hole out, the thrower must release the disc and it must come to rest supported by the chains or within one of the entrapment sections. This includes a disc wedged into or hanging from the lower entrapment section but excludes a disc resting on top of, or hanging outside of, the upper entrapment section. The disc must also remain within the chains or entrapment sections until removed.
--http://www.pdga.com/rules/80313-holing-out

This is the part that would make me call a leaner on top (touching a chain) as a made shot.

To which CK replied:
I'd have to check with the Rules Committee to be sure. It's sort of like the weird shots wedged between the outside of the basket and a rock or tree that we've seen. The ruling there is if the tree or rock were taken away, could the disc still be supported solely by the basket? If 'no' then no hole out. In the same way, if the chains couldn't solely support the yellow disc in that position if the chain support also holding it were taken away, then I suspect their (RC) position would be that no hole out occurred.

It already "isn't good" so falling off wouldn't matter other than if it were at rest, it could get marked on the ground under that position rather than where it rolled.

The yellow disc was not touching a chain even though it looks like it might be due to the camera angle and the other disc suspended in the chains pushing the chain out.

The yellow disc was not touching a chain even though it looks like it might be due to the camera angle and the other disc suspended in the chains pushing the chain out.

What does this have to do with anything??????????????

We are assuming the disc was touching a link which, in that case, I would interpret the disc as "holed out".

Nope. It's sort of like a disc completely surrounded by concrete on an OB walkway and arguing that it's IB because a living blade of grass is bent over under your disc.

Nope. It's sort of like a disc completely surrounded by concrete on an OB walkway and arguing that it's IB because a living blade of grass is bent over under your disc.

It is also "sort of" nothing like that.

I in no way feel a disc on top should count but under the current rules I would be hard pressed not to consider it in. Once again I have never seen this happen but to me if it is touching a link it is more of a made putt than one sticking on the bottom of the basket.

Random thought. What's the ruling on a disc that hangs by its rim on the nut that holds the chain assembly together to the pole? Is that a hole out? It's not really supported by the chains or the basket...

If its TOUCHING a link it is not being SUPPORTED by the link. It's not rocket science. The support is coming from the upper entrapment device, which doesn't count.

Thanks everyone. Midnight, if your daughter is 18 tell her to holler at me.

That picture dosen't do here justice. Here is a much better picture. She is 20 years old. Of course she has a boyfriend that I don't like, but what can I say, she loves him. Anyway, this is a better pic of her:

Brittney.jpg