• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Don't get stung by a Wasp!

Switched out my wasp for the hornet, it pairs better with the buzzz

Interesting. Do you feel there is too much overlap between the Buzzz and Wasp? I just picked up a Z Wasp because I needed something slightly overstable to fight the wind out here. What gives the Hornet the edge?

Hornets are slightly more stable than the Wasp. They are rated as a 2.0 vs a 1.5. I like them because of the amount of glide that they have for how overstable they are.

Elite-z Wasp = Champion Roc*

*Caveat - Really, darn close... Actually a touch farther (distance), and a touch straighter. I own a Champ Roc (174 - 8/10) and a Elite Z Wasp (171 - 9/10) and when i throw them in the field they land within 5 feet of each other (no more than 10' max). For me, the 174 Roc is a touch too heavy, so rather than go spend $$$ on an impossible task, i listened and bought the Elite Z Wasp.

I must say, however, a champion roc is "Like" a roc, but it's a lot better... the thicker flight plate and plastic enhance this disc like no other. The Wasp is so close to the Roc it's incredible; ironically the faster, straighter properties usually attributed to Discraft, have made it *almost* more appealing.

EZ Wasp - Das da Dookie!

I do like the Wasp, like Midnight said, it's a Buzzz that finishes left. But it does tend to slow down a bit sooner, meaning it takes a bit more power to get the same distance, which to me throws off the speed/distance judgement.

I'm messing with the AR2010/Hornet right now and so far it seems like this will get the same distance for the same power and still fade out.

Last edited:
Discraft has the wider diameter so however that effects the flight differences of an innova is usually based on this.

Wider disc=slower=less stable=more glide

overall- discraft mids better & innova drivers better

The buzzz is a great disc. But because it is so capable and workable that if you don't use it all the time, you could over compensate how to throw it.

I think this hornet sounds like a beefed up cyclone. Something between the drone and wasp, but moving a little faster.

I am thinking about switching out my z wasp for hornet or a drone. There is just too much overlap between my max weight buzzz and the wasp.

You're all ignorant fools. Everybody with a pulse knows Swedish plastic is better than a Roc, Wasp or Buzzz. All you little flat earthers need to move into modern times.

I do like the Wasp, like Midnight said, it's a Buzzz that finishes left. But it does tend to slow down a bit sooner, meaning it takes a bit more power to get the same distance, which to me throws off the speed/distance judgement.

I'm messing with the AR2010/Hornet right now and so far it seems like this will get the same distance for the same power and still fade out.

id like to try a wasp and maybe a hornet. a guy i play with can really push his wasp on hyzer flips

The Wasp is a nice compliment to the Buzzz without being a complete left-turning hog (like, say a Gator...which I also throw). I like the older, flatter runs and I just got three ESP Wasps that I'm very excited to try.

You're all ignorant fools. Everybody with a pulse knows Swedish plastic is better than a Roc, Wasp or Buzzz. All you little flat earthers need to move into modern times.

No, my friend, YOU are the one who is full of it. Everyone knows that the Comet is better than anything LAT64 has ever put out.....:popcorn:

The Wasp is a nice compliment to the Buzzz without being a complete left-turning hog (like, say a Gator...which I also throw). I like the older, flatter runs and I just got three ESP Wasps that I'm very excited to try.

i own and carry both, but i've found (atleast my new EZ.Wasp vs. seasoned Ez Buzzz) they are very close and overlap a bit. So much that i've pulled the buzzz out of my bag in an attempt to minimalized.

i own and carry both, but i've found (atleast my new EZ.Wasp vs. seasoned Ez Buzzz) they are very close and overlap a bit. So much that i've pulled the buzzz out of my bag in an attempt to minimalized.

You meant Seasoned Z Wasp vs. new Z Buzzz...right?

I use a QMF/Buzzz/Comet combo, and it's working out fantastic ..

QMF.. you mean sentinel?
good disc selection though.. I like what you're thinking there.. If I had my idea bag(tough when I only throw pink discs in the winter).. I probably would have Sentinel/Wasp, FLX Buzzz, D-Wasp(OOP :( ) or champ stingray.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Latest posts