• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drives Fading RIGHT All of the Sudden

My guess is that your discs have been beat in and do not have the same flight pattern as when they were new. They have become more understable. You probably also have quite a bit more snap which will cause your discs to turn over and go right. The easiest cure is to release the disc at more of a hyzer angle. The other option is to spend more money on discs. Buy the same discs but in higher quality plastic. If they are already high quality plastic, buy heavier ones. If they are already high quality plastic and max weight, it's time to get more stable/overstable ones. Good luck.

honestly the majority of my discs are donations or I found them ... I really liked the Valk and had it in champion plastic but lost that n went back to the DX Valk. I had. I think its def a mixture of throwing stronger than I used to and the disc being beat in.

It was when I had the same thing happen with a star T-Rex that I got really frustrated, since its a newer disc and should def hyzer... I def turned wrist over n threw into cross wind on this throw, which added to the disc going off track.

I had a Valkarie I loved for turning over to use for a hyzer-flip, but it had been smaked into a tree once and was noticably bent. It got to where I couldnt hyzer it enough, it would flip and keep going right, so I gave it away.

Come to think of it, maybe I should have almost held it upside down and see if it would flip back over.

just go to something longer or less stable. Wraith? SL? Viking? Those are my suggestions from what would probably be hardest to throw with the Wraith to easiest to throw with the Viking.

If you are throwing less than 300 ft, I would suggest discing down to a midrange until form improves. Buying more drivers will just slow your progress.

If you are throwing less than 300 ft, I would suggest discing down to a midrange until form improves. Buying more drivers will just slow your progress.

Seconded

It's either that the disc is beat up or it's a form problem. If you have the money available, buy a new DX Valkyrie and see if that solves the problem. If not, it's probably either OAT (off axis torque) or wrist roll. OAT is usually highly visible as a fluttering motion right after the disc leaves your hand, or as some people describe it, like a coin settling on a table. Wrist rollover could itself cause OAT, but may more directly cause an anhyzer release point. An anhyzer release (the outside edge of the disc higher than the inside edge where you're gripping it) will make the disc turn to the right. If you think your problem is OAT, work on your grip and try to develop a clean, smooth release. If you think your problem is wrist roll, focus on keeping your wrist straight up and down all the way through your follow-through (duh). I'd betcha you could find some really good articles on disc golf review as well.

It's either that the disc is beat up or it's a form problem. If you have the money available, buy a new DX Valkyrie and see if that solves the problem. If not, it's probably either OAT (off axis torque) or wrist roll. OAT is usually highly visible as a fluttering motion right after the disc leaves your hand, or as some people describe it, like a coin settling on a table. Wrist rollover could itself cause OAT, but may more directly cause an anhyzer release point. An anhyzer release (the outside edge of the disc higher than the inside edge where you're gripping it) will make the disc turn to the right. If you think your problem is OAT, work on your grip and try to develop a clean, smooth release. If you think your problem is wrist roll, focus on keeping your wrist straight up and down all the way through your follow-through (duh). I'd betcha you could find some really good articles on disc golf review as well.

i already posted a link for him to read up on disc golf review but what puzzles me is that he said his star teerex was also turning over so i don't think it's a problem with it being a dx valk unless there both really broken in.

Work on pulling straight across your chest, it's easy to get in the habit of bringing the disc around in an arc rather than a straight line. Also make sure that as you release your thumb stays pointing upward, rather than rolling your wrist so your palm is up.

That's what I was thinking. When I consistently do something wrong, I take away my run-up to throw and just do a 3step xstep and throw a mid power shot to troubleshoot my throw. Some reason slowing everything down and focusing on release/form helps me focus.

Thirded. It's almost certianly OAT and will be very difficult to fix with the discs you're talking about using.

I used a DisCraft Wildcat, which I think is comparable to The Beast, during my last round and it work great! I am def stronger and flicking harder than when I started ... I had a tunnel hole that gives our group trouble all the time. I chucked it straight it faded right and went around a tree then hyzer'd back n skipped up to the basket post!

Why did I have luck with this disc? This is the stuff I'm still trying to learn. I really have just had luck with some disc n stuck with that those.

I think I'm still gonna get a champion Valk, but now also a beast ... and I may even stay with the wildcat for a while.

I used a DisCraft Wildcat, which I think is comparable to The Beast, during my last round and it work great! I am def stronger and flicking harder than when I started ... I had a tunnel hole that gives our group trouble all the time. I chucked it straight it faded right and went around a tree then hyzer'd back n skipped up to the basket post!

Why did I have luck with this disc? This is the stuff I'm still trying to learn. I really have just had luck with some disc n stuck with that those.

I think I'm still gonna get a champion Valk, but now also a beast ... and I may even stay with the wildcat for a while.

I birdie that hole all the time... ching doesn't throw oat as I play with him all the time. think different disc or champ/z/star/esp plastic would help.

also he can throw it over 300 most of the time max couple time close to 400 with champ valk before he lost it.... good luck chingy chingy ching a ching

I had the same problem with my Valk today. The thing just wanted to go right. I know mine should belong in the trash, its so beat up. I can throw a hard hyzer and it just goes relatively straight without leveling. Thrown pretty flat it turns over hard enough to get some decent roll out of it. I May keep it around as a roller. I throw rhbh. And my Valk was glow plastic, which Im assuming is the least durable plastic invented.

elite Z Wildcat n Champion Valk ... worked great this morning. Came close to losing the Valk on 4th hole cause its neon yellow n mad yellow leaves on the ground. Gave up played next hole then went back to look for it n it was up in tree haha.

Thanks for all the advice it has helped get my hyzer back n also improve my overall technique

release the disc lower than your chest, thus giving it a more hyzer release. Depending on the speed that you throw, your disc will will naturally level out and then fade back left at the end. Like I said, its all about the speed that you throw.

I throw bh/rh ... I throw a 175 DX Valkyrie.

Now for the majority of my time playing I've had a wicked hyzer. I've tried different discs to go with and against this "strength" of my throws and settled on the Valk. After having the same issue this morning with a Star T-Rex I knew I had a problem that needs to be addressed and fixed.

However, in the last two weeks or so I've had issues with my disc fading way right off the release and never hyzering back towards the left. I've been told that I am probably throwing it harder then when I started or flicking my wrist harder than I was when I started.

Any advice how to correct this issue? new disc?

This sounds like a classic case of "off-axis torque" (OAT). You can probably see your disc fluttering a bit in flight before it eats dirt. The biggest arms can throw the Valkyrie over 600 ft, so there is no way it is the disc being too under-stable. If you try to compensate this problem by going to a high stability driver (as others suggested) then you are only going to ruin your form further because then the only way for you to get a straight-ish flight would be to continue throwing with OAT, and it will become a pesky part of your form that you would then need to unlearn, which takes a long time.

Get a smoother release, and don't roll your wrist. That will take care of the problem. Stay with the Valkyrie, but maybe get one in a more durable plastic (Star or Champion). Champion is the most stable, but you can compensate by getting a lighter mold.

One time i threw a flx surge 167g and i threw it high and it faded to the left for 3sec and then it just toook of to the right and started to roll.There was no wind at all but still it had some starange possibility to turn over after the fading to the left.

:DIt was just like magic:D