• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX teebird

well, if ayone has a DX or champ teebird thay wanna ditch, PM me

LOL I know I would trade some Champ and ESP discs for even beat in Teebirds... meh; think I like to beat them in myself. Its part of the bonding process.

It doesn't turn much - at about 350-375 of power, and only if there is a bit of a headwind, it will move right just a tad during the HSS. Really...it only happens in field practice, or on open holes. If I throw for shorter distance, it will move just like the flight chart - straight, but finishing with a fade.

It's not often that I get to chuck the TB for 350+ power, and it's quite a nice flight, really. I'd love to get that same flight when throwing for shorter distances, and that probably means beating in DX Teebird. I just want to know if I should go slightly heaver in DX than I use in Star. Is DX less stable?

gotcha. sorry, "i'm flipping a star teebird" with only 1 year playing just screams OAT to me, because that's what i used to do. but it doesn't sound like you're doing that. in my experience, if you muscle a teebird over, it just keeps going right and only hooks back a little at the end.

dx is slightly less stable, imo, but i would just stay with the same weight.

Think I wouldnt bother with the Star and Champ Teebirds because I would be needing to have those be DX being worked on beating in.

I plan to carry a Star once I get 2 more dx beat into straight-to-turnover drivers, to keep the dx discs in the sweet spot longer.

Yeah, I get the feeling I was too full on the River, but; I still find great use on it when I need fairway distance with the control of a mid since its so good at performing with minimal effort. It becomes a balancing scale on whether I control a tight tunnel shot with a River or try to blast straight through with a nicely worn Teebird.

I definitely let the forumites get me too high on the River. It was never anything special for me. Not as controllable as my beat teebirds, slightly better glide, significantly more fade, and takes longer to beat up... no thanks. It just had too much fade new for me to consider powering it down much, and I didn't feel like waiting to beat one in.

There's a ton of beat plastic at Disc Golf Museum. Be careful, though... you never know just exactly HOW understable the thing you get will be.

Then again, it's less than five bucks for DX, less than seven for Star and less than eight for Champion... Hell, that's the price of a new DX disc, at some places.

I have 2 DX Teebirds in the bag (165g). One beat for annie's BH and FH and another 9/10 for straight fairway drives.

This is one disc I CAN'T do without. It's the most perfect disc ever made and the DX is more durable than you realize. I still have 2 Champ T's in my bag: 175 and 166, but I'm using the 166 less because I'm opting for the DX more often.

It took me a little while to understand their purpose and be able to throw T-Birds well, now, I can get by with just these and a putter.

All hail the mighty DX Teebird.

I also find them just as nice FH as BH. I nice smooth flick is all it takes to get a DX Teebird to go a long ways (relative to my FH distance)

I am getting those annie FH flicks with the DX VERY far right now. I haven't tried to flick my other. My FH is so full of OAT, I'm only using Destroyers.

Try starting high, about shoulder level, then bring it down putting your elbow almost into your hip for the flick then follow through back up.

Probably not the right way to do it as mine does need work but it tends to force my palm to be facing upward at the end reducing that turn and burn; and you dont need to really put much power at all into it. Like skipping a rock.

It's amazing what you learn when you revisit an old thread. Thanks for the Forehand Tip Techno! I'll try it! :)

Had one of my longest shots with my DX Teebird yesterday, around 305 ft on Google Earth. Even though the shot didn't go exactly where I wanted....it was my beat one and usually I can get it to fly relatively straight for the large part of the flight and then hook right (wait does this sound like I might ACTUALLY be doing a hyzer-flip?). Well, it never turned and just kept going and going straight.

How is it that this fairway driver is going so much further than my distance drivers? I just DON'T GET IT!

How is it that this fairway driver is going so much further than my distance drivers? I just DON'T GET IT!
You don't have the form the get the distance drivers up to speed? A TB should be great at least up to 350', you'd need about 350-400 feet of distance to get a full flight out of a modern distance driver.

And don't dis the TB for distance, it's the second longest thrown disc right behind the Valkyrie. (Yeah yeah, I know that doesn't really relate to disc golf in any way...)

I just picked up a couple of new 175 DX Teebirds. It came out of the box and it felt like I was throwing a slower firebird with a bit less fade. It was sweet. I am currently trying to beat the ever-loving **** out of it to get it nice and understable for hyzer-flips and long turnovers. Then the other one will go in and be my stable Teebird to compliment my 171 Champ Teebird and beat-up one. Give it a few weeks of hitting trees and rocks bigger than me and my bag should be pretty sweet.

You don't have the form the get the distance drivers up to speed? A TB should be great at least up to 350', you'd need about 350-400 feet of distance to get a full flight out of a modern distance driver.

And don't dis the TB for distance, it's the second longest thrown disc right behind the Valkyrie. (Yeah yeah, I know that doesn't really relate to disc golf in any way...)

Yea, I keep reading that on here for some reason. :p I think I'm finally starting to believe it. And I didn't realize it had record setting distance actually.

I love the DX TEEBIRD!!!!!!!!!! I'm done buying drivers! I have headwind stuff already, so done....I'm done, done,
done.gif

DX Teebirds and DX Gazelles are by far my favorite discs... And at my arm speed - wide rim drivers just don't go much farther and don't feel as comfortable in my hand.

Picked up a pair of dx teebirds from gggt the other day, wow. Incredible - it flies almost like I hoped to replace my beat to hell champ teebird that I had lost, just a touch more flippy and very useful. Low ceiling holes I struggled to reach with a buzz, and I couldn't keep a champ/star teebird up long enough, I blew past by 50 feet, I'll say it again, wow. Definitely earned a spot in my bag.

I have just broken in my first DX Teebird over the last few rounds and it is the straight flyer I have heard about. This thing is all the hype and then some, wish i had them earlier. Now to get this one to flip and then my other one to straight and so on. Keep a freshy in the bag for more stable slot. These things are tempting every time I see one in the 168-172 range i snag it, seems to be consistent too, I love that having a lot of early Lat discs. I now have my second Innova mold in my bag next to the next best disc the Valkyrie.

Last edited:
I do the same with eagles because they're more versatile at different stages of wear than teebirds, a new one is nice and overstable and a super beat one flies like a nice flippy leopard, I carry three in the bag at all times for shots between 300 ft and 375ish ft.

I do the same with eagles because they're more versatile at different stages of wear than teebirds, a new one is nice and overstable and a super beat one flies like a nice flippy leopard, I carry three in the bag at all times for shots between 300 ft and 375ish ft.

After seeing my DX Teebirds beauty after being beat, it makes me really want to try the Eagles like that. You going all X molds for that?

My beat DX Teebird is still no match for my pro Leopard for turnovers, but it is as straight as can be and just seems to have gotten longer. Do Eagles get longer as well?

im working on breaking in some dx eagle-x's now to replace my dx teebirds.. i was throwing 11x Eagles and DX Teebirds so thought id try and drop a mold.. got one super beat already and is working great just like my ol trusty dx bird..still working on breaking in the other but so far so good

what angle of release for normal straight distance with a slightly beat tbird

should i be hyzer flipping it or flat snaps?

when i am trying to flat snap it goes straight than turns over and almost comes back or stays turned over, i am thorwing it at 75% power on a 170g dx, is it oat? i can throw many shots but having trouble tuning in to this disc.

i also have a more beat in tb which is considerably more stiff 6/10
the main one thrown is 8/10 gummy

Latest posts