• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dyeing with fishing lure dye.

The most recent dye with the Hot Pink SpikeIt dye.
It's on a Champion SL (kinda rare)
I used the normal vinyl to try to mask off the Innova Protostar design but the acetone in the SpikeIt must be pretty strong because the vinyl peeled right off and became the consistency of a rubber ballo0n.

ChampionSL_HotPinkSpikeIt.jpg

ChampionSL_HotPinkSpikeIt_BlackLight.jpg

Was this clear before dyeing? I have a dark blue-green teebird that is hard to find if I drop it in the grass 10ft from my face! :wall:

hysell and i messed around with the worm dyes probably 15 years ago- worked great. as the OP said- don't get the scented ones!!!

somewhere there has to be a msds sheet on this which should tell you what kind of dye it is so you may not have to buy the re-branded scented version of whatever solvent, pigment, or dye this is

I've been thinking of using this product to dye some clear uncolored x-outs so they are easier to see.
A couple of questions.

Has anyone experienced any rub off on to other discs?

Does anyone have some picture examples of discs dyed in the various colors available?

With almost any dye there is the chance of dye transfer to another disc, especially if they are put in your bag dome to dome in warmer climates.

if you put you discs in the same direction however you wont have that issue.

I can confirm the hot pink looks like the color displayed in one of the above posts. This is actually a fantastic color, and takes extremely fast. i was able to use a paint brush and sign my name on a test disc and wipe off the excess 20 seconds later with true color.

i also tryed the bright green color and found it slightly duller and much closer to hex color

33CC00

just google that and you will see what i mean.

I've been thinking of using this product to dye some clear uncolored x-outs so they are easier to see.
A couple of questions.

Has anyone experienced any rub off on to other discs?

Does anyone have some picture examples of discs dyed in the various colors available?

even my latest brainwave dyes fromJeff have rubbed off. The Zone he uses as his Facebook pic is mine. It has faded a lot since he took the pic. I guess all dye eventually fades away.

Cabelas just opened in Columbus and I was gonna buy some spike it, should I paint it on? How long should I let it sit?

[QUOTE/]I can confirm the hot pink looks like the color displayed in one of the above posts. This is actually a fantastic color, and takes extremely fast. i was able to use a paint brush and sign my name on a test disc and wipe off the excess 20 seconds later with true color.
[/QUOTE]

How did you sign with the dye?

wait did the white dye work?>

Latest posts