• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Convict

How would you compare it to the Culverin? Is it as long? Which is more OS?

I really like how Culverin flies, but the Convict is one of the best feeling drivers I've ever held in my hand.

I think the Culverin has less turn. Otherwise they are pretty close.

So is this the disc that finally gets DD/Trilogy in the PD-Thunderbird discussion? Or is it just another near miss like the culverin, longbowman, and saint pro? (and yes, I've thrown them all, and none are in the same category as the PD and Thunderbird)

Personally I would compare a long bowman more to a c or s line pd and the convict to a p line pd.

Are these still Lucid only? Would really like to get my grubby hands on a bio..
There are some Dye max Fuzion ones out there, but haven't heard of a Biofuzion Convict. I'm sure it will come if the mold gets more popular.

Somehow it still feels like there's not that much love for the Convict. Culverin, Longbow man and Saint Pro are all more popular.

Got to throw a PP convict yesterday on a few holes. Very straight with no noticible turn. It is what I have been looking for to replace my first run escapes.

So is this the disc that finally gets DD/Trilogy in the PD-Thunderbird discussion?

I'll answer my own question here - YES

It has a slight tick of turn out of the box and a good stable finish, probably one speed slower than a PD. Even the lighter 167 I have is nice and stable - will hold straight or a turn longer but doesn't fly much differently from the heavier ones. You can hammer them and expect a good consistent flight in most wind conditions, while being very controllable at the same time.

I'll answer my own question here - YES

It has a slight tick of turn out of the box and a good stable finish, probably one speed slower than a PD. Even the lighter 167 I have is nice and stable - will hold straight or a turn longer but doesn't fly much differently from the heavier ones. You can hammer them and expect a good consistent flight in most wind conditions, while being very controllable at the same time.

I have to agree. I picked up a Lucid Convict the other day and Im not sure if it'll make the bag because I have a DX and a Champion Thunderbird that are pretty much locked in there. As I get out more I'll throw the Convict along side these before I make any decisions. But the Convict would have to do something magical to kick the Thunderbirds out. Especially because I have a small stack of Champion and Stars as backups already.

I would like to see the Convict in Fuzion plastic as I like that plastic better. I do have a convict and it really works good as long as I can get my form working. :) Damn winter rust. :(

IMO, the Convict gets to have much turn to be the thunderbird/pd replacement. Longbowman is close but its slower. Culverin is honestly the closest in my experience.

I have to agree. I picked up a Lucid Convict the other day and Im not sure if it'll make the bag because I have a DX and a Champion Thunderbird that are pretty much locked in there. As I get out more I'll throw the Convict along side these before I make any decisions. But the Convict would have to do something magical to kick the Thunderbirds out. Especially because I have a small stack of Champion and Stars as backups already.

I took the champ thunderbird out of the bag and put the Convict in for the last few rounds and Im noticing that the point in the flight that the Thunderbird would start fading, the Convict keeps on a frozen rope forward fading an OS fade. I think the Convict for me is starting to prove to be a beat up champ, or seasoned DX Thunderbird, which is making my Thunderbirds a little nervous. I like that for me they're pretty darn interchangeable though. I could see me bagging 1 convict and 1 star thunderbird for stability, instead of a DX, champ and star.

IMO, the Convict gets to have much turn to be the thunderbird/pd replacement.

Convict is to Eagle as PD is to Teebird.

It's not a teebird/PD type disc, and that's kind of what I wanted anyway. Having that extra tick of turn and fade compared to a PD makes it a lot more versatile, in my opinion. And that's coming from someone who threw PDs for a long time.

I'm loving having a 167 convict in my bag right now, paired with a 174. It just stretches the flight path of a max weight one longer for me. Doesn't do too bad in the wind either, still quite predictable.

Convict is to Eagle as PD is to Teebird.

It's not a teebird/PD type disc, and that's kind of what I wanted anyway. Having that extra tick of turn and fade compared to a PD makes it a lot more versatile, in my opinion. And that's coming from someone who threw PDs for a long time.

I'm loving having a 167 convict in my bag right now, paired with a 174. It just stretches the flight path of a max weight one longer for me. Doesn't do too bad in the wind either, still quite predictable.

Trilogy OLF?

Something good about the Felon and Convict (Lucid) for me. They feel the same and I get very accurate releases for both. DD has been taking over my bag lately.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the Convict so far.

I throw an S-line PD and an opto Escape for a lot of shots where I need accuracy and distance. The Convict seems closer to the Escape in stability, and doesn't have the OS of the PD. I need to throw it some more to see how it handles the headwind and also to see how it behaves with an anhyzer or flex shot. I was hoping the Convict would replace the PD, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Convict for me has more line shaping ability than a PD does. PD's come out for headwinds or big hyzer shots in my bag. Here lately I've been bagging a Sampo from Westside and throwing it when I throw a PD and it's pretty close to the same disc. A fortress is supposed to be a tick more stable than the Sampo, will be trying it next.

Convict for me has more line shaping ability than a PD does. PD's come out for headwinds or big hyzer shots in my bag.

This is exactly why I switched. I love the 'point-and-shoot', straight to fade flight of the PD, but I wanted a disc that would be able to work more varied lines, and the Convict is able to do that for me.

I still throw a max weight Convict in most winds, but if I don't feel comfortable with that I move over to a 169 fuzion felon, or a 175 lucid felon for must-hyzer shots.