• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs: DEFENDER, OS distance driver.

@iDiscGolf

* Ace Member *
Dynamic discs Defender PDGA approved 3/2/16

High speed over-stable distance driver.

Max weight 174.3
Diameter 21.0
Height 1.6
Rim depth 1.1
Inside rim diameter 16.4
Rim thickness 2.3
Rim depth/diameter ratio 5.2
Rim config 30.75
Flexibility 11.11

"Public defender - Legal Definition. n. An attorney hired by the government for the purpose of defending anyone who is accused of a crime but who is unable to afford to hire an attorney. The right to such a defense is guaranteed by the Sixth and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution."

Emac throwing some shots on tube:
https://youtu.be/SLomgJNS_aY

On the first few shots it looks quite squirly, but there could be some headwind. On the other ones it really does look like a DD Giant.

Release in mid April according to Emac.

Those shots certainly did not look squirrely lol, those shots make a trespass look squirrely. Seems like a giant but by the specs it appears to have that shallow rim of the trespass.

Those shots certainly did not look squirrely lol, those shots make a trespass look squirrely. Seems like a giant but by the specs it appears to have that shallow rim of the trespass.
I'm not saying it looks flippy, but if you look at the very first shot at 00:12, Emac throws the disc on a hyzer, it flips over and drifts right and while it does fade at the end it doesn't even get bag the the original line. This doesn't sound like a competitor for a Destroyer, especially out of the box.

HOWEVER, as we can see from the following shots, the disc certainly has way more stability than a Trespass and looks like a potential workhorse for the Pros. I'm interested to hear how this and Cutlass will be finding slots in the pro bags.

Which brings me to another topic. Where are all the Trilogy ITB videos?!? :confused:
Last one from Feldie is from 2014, Ricky made one when he didn't even know what he was carrying and there are none for the new signings. Come on Dave, push your team a bit. ;)

I'm not saying it looks flippy, but if you look at the very first shot at 00:12, Emac throws the disc on a hyzer, it flips over and drifts right and while it does fade at the end it doesn't even get bag the the original line. This doesn't sound like a competitor for a Destroyer, especially out of the box.

I watched the video, it looks like a Destroyer, Giant, and so on competitor to me. Doesn't matter to me though I already have the discs I want.

Was hoping for more OS than this. Oh well.

No Swedish Ape for me yet.

You'd enjoy the Stiletto.

I have one and love it, but I prefer the Ape for two reasons.

The wing is slightly blunter so it keeps stability after more abuse.

My Stiletto now flies only somewhat OS after tree hits.

My 3 year old Ape looks like poo but flies the same as new, almost.

And they have some glide, Stiletto and Rask also for that matter have little to no glide.

Haha. I don't think there is a big market of ape aficionados like yourself out there. ;)

That was a weird disc.

That is probably true, very few hard throwing side arm pitchers have converted to DG so far.

So this thing will hit stores in Europe on 6th of May.

Wonder if there are people who have already thrown it? Is it like a DD Giant? Or closer to a Cutlass? I don't think it will be anything like an Ape.

So this thing will hit stores in Europe on 6th of May.

Wonder if there are people who have already thrown it? Is it like a DD Giant? Or closer to a Cutlass? I don't think it will be anything like an Ape.

I've not thrown it - can't get a good grip on the wide wing - but friends that tried them at the 2 disc challenge say it's closer to an overstable boss than a destroyer, if that helps. The DD guy running the event said it's faster than an enforcer, and leans to that stability more so than a trespass.

Which brings me to another topic. Where are all the Trilogy ITB videos?!? :confused:
Last one from Feldie is from 2014, Ricky made one when he didn't even know what he was carrying and there are none for the new signings. Come on Dave, push your team a bit. ;)

Ricky made a new one a couple of weeks ago

Ricky made a new one a couple of weeks ago
Yup, I saw that and it was quite interesting. Still not too many others though.

What is also interesting is that Trilogy has recently released two "Destroyer-killers" in Cutlass and Defender, but I still haven't seen them in any of the competition videos or in the bags.

It almost looks like the Bio Enforcer has taken over that slot as those seems to be really popular among top pros.

The Defender is nothing like an Ape. The Ape is truly OS while the Defender flies like a faster somewhat OS destroyer, but not Ape OS.

I got one of these in a player's pack recently. My bag is dialed in so I won't ever throw it. If anyone wants to snag one, shoot me a PM and we can work something out! :thmbup: